All you dual caliper-ers

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 11:41 PM

punishmentcycle is a decent person
Re: All you dual caliper-ers

if your talking about that little arm on the lever thats for the brake light switch.cut that tab off....it will look like this if your looking for the pimp setup.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	sale%2520parts%2520032.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	208949  
Old 04-27-2008, 11:59 PM

Suicidal Antics is an unknown quantity at this point

Nah i already did that... and spent some quality time cutting down some **** on the master itself to get the clutch/brake close to each other.

This is the part im talkingabout....

Name:  untitled-1.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  51.6 KB
Old 04-28-2008, 01:15 AM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough

why dont you slide your clip-ons in 1" and mount your handbreak master on the inside doing this will solve your problem and you will also be able to grab your lever at the end where you will get the most leverage and is that setup on a 900rr?????????????
Old 04-28-2008, 01:43 AM

nah thats not my bike. Punishmentcycles posted that pic. its just someones bike iwth the same master cylinder that im running.

Name:  100_3819.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  48.5 KB

Chopped down snow-x bars for me. I cant believe more ppl arnt using these yet.
Old 04-28-2008, 01:46 AM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

Originally Posted by Suicidal Antics
nah thats not my bike. Punishmentcycles posted that pic. its just someones bike iwth the same master cylinder that im running.

snow-x bars????????????????
Old 04-28-2008, 02:05 AM

look at them. Flattest bars out there besides broomsticks. I discovered them at a sled shop last year, and been running them ever since. As far as i know we are the only ppl out there runnin them.

Probably alot like zero-degree clipons (never used them), except they are higher off the tripleclamp since theyve got risers on them. the bars themselves have NO rise, and very little pull back. Ive used a few different dirtbike bars over hte years, and used the scary garys too.. Personally, these are where its at.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:04 AM

zride is an unknown quantity at this point

One of my bikes had some homemade "custom" fabricated dual caliper setup....anotherwords....Junk....no offense but the weld and the bracket that holds the second caliper will start to bend. Next thing you know your caliper is twisted and grinding. Mine ground sideways through the pad, backing plate, and into some junk caliper/ I replaced it all but deifnately Ho Hey dual caliper brackets. Strong as hell, thick, machine cut to perfection. Their bout as pimp as it gets when doing dual caliper bracket and well worth every cent!
Old 04-28-2008, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by 50slut
why dont you slide your clip-ons in 1" and mount your handbreak master on the inside doing this will solve your problem and you will also be able to grab your lever at the end where you will get the most leverage and is that setup on a 900rr?????????????
thats my old bikes set up..and yes it's a 9 hundo.the master is on the inside,if your talking about putting the clutch lever on the inside then you wont be grabbing the end of the HB lever.that set up is perfect.i got the same thing on my f4i only with a brembo.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by zride
One of my bikes had some homemade "custom" fabricated dual caliper setup....anotherwords....Junk....no offense but the weld and the bracket that holds the second caliper will start to bend. Next thing you know your caliper is twisted and grinding. Mine ground sideways through the pad, backing plate, and into some junk caliper/ I replaced it all but deifnately Ho Hey dual caliper brackets. Strong as hell, thick, machine cut to perfection. Their bout as pimp as it gets when doing dual caliper bracket and well worth every cent!
nah man none taken. I know this setup isnt the best, but it will have to do for now.
Old 04-28-2008, 05:42 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

look at them. Flattest bars out there besides broomsticks. I discovered them at a sled shop last year, and been running them ever since. As far as i know we are the only ppl out there runnin them.

Probably alot like zero-degree clipons (never used them), except they are higher off the tripleclamp since theyve got risers on them. the bars themselves have NO rise, and very little pull back. Ive used a few different dirtbike bars over hte years, and used the scary garys too.. Personally, these are where its at.
but how much $$$$??

I have never spent more then $30 on a set of mx bars, for both my dirt bike, and my sport bike

Actually been running a set of $26 bars for 2 years now on my f4i, still straight :YEAH
Old 04-28-2008, 05:50 PM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

Originally Posted by punishmentcycle
thats my old bikes set up..and yes it's a 9 hundo.the master is on the inside,if your talking about putting the clutch lever on the inside then you wont be grabbing the end of the HB lever.that set up is perfect.i got the same thing on my f4i only with a brembo.

no way! slide your clip-ons in so 1" of each tube is on the inside of the mounts. mount your handbreak on the inside and with a full lever it should be perfect
Old 04-28-2008, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Towlieee
but how much $$$$??

I have never spent more then $30 on a set of mx bars, for both my dirt bike, and my sport bike

Actually been running a set of $26 bars for 2 years now on my f4i, still straight :YEAH

I got these for 2 pair for 40$, with barpads.... Im a big fan of barpads (which usually are 20$ by themselves) just because they clean it up, and make it look a little better... plus theres plenty of other things to bounce my face off up there, so a little padding never hurt
Old 04-29-2008, 03:32 AM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

no way! slide your clip-ons in so 1" of each tube is on the inside of the mounts. mount your handbreak on the inside and with a full lever it should be perfect
idk man.... his setup looks as close to perfect as you can get to me.

I wouldn't touch a thing.... but that's just me.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:02 AM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

Im not a big fan of the looks of dirtbike bars,but that setup looks nice

I use to have mine like that and it worked real good,you can even keep the headlight switch. I changed it back once I started O's to get better leaverage on the bars.(electical tape for mocking porposes only)

Name:	8 004.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	208993  
Old 04-29-2008, 10:55 AM

ive never tried zero-degrees so i wouldnt even know if i liked em. Around here, stunters are rare, so unless i pony up the cash myself, i typically dont get to try different setups. I grew up riding atvs and dirtbikes, so wide bars are natural to me. I've been thinkins about zeros for a while, but these work for now, so i havent brought myself to change them.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:18 AM

i'll post some pics later of my current setup. 0 degrees,fullthrottle master,and the brembo....not to mention hoheys pimp *** triple
Old 04-29-2008, 12:11 PM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

YES! like this nice pic *Tanus* except 4 that electric tape holding the 2 levers together im not hating on anybodys setups! all im saying is if you mount your hb master like this it allows you to run a full lever and your pulling the hb from the very end of the lever which is easyer to pull and you have maximum leverage. also makes for easy clutch lever placement

Last edited by 50slut; 04-29-2008 at 12:17 PM.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:38 PM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

YES! like this nice pic *Tanus* except 4 that electric tape holding the 2 levers together im not hating on anybodys setups! all im saying is if you mount your hb master like this it allows you to run a full lever and your pulling the hb from the very end of the lever which is easyer to pull and you have maximum leverage. also makes for easy clutch lever placement
True... but you can get the exact same result w/ FI 0 degree's moved all the way out as long as they can go. Plus you won't run into any clearance issues w/ a front stay (which it looks like you will in that pic).

I think the vortex bars arn't as long so you can't do that w/ them.

I've had a couple bikes w/ the FI 0 setup and have NEVER cut a lever besides the clutch in years. I don't think I could even ride a bike w/out a full length hb lever anymore now that I'm so spoiled.

Either way... you have the right idea.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:33 PM

havok is an unknown quantity at this point

i dont think you can put the hb like that with full fairing...
Old 04-29-2008, 05:15 PM

here's some of the pimp set up...50, you cant run the master in there if your running fairings.SS coasters for days and my finger is right on the ball of the lever

Name:	Picture 120.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	208998   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 121.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	208999   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 124.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	63.4 KB