Changing from F4i to 636....

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 04:19 PM

Sparks! is an unknown quantity at this point
Changing from F4i to 636....

I've been stunting an F4i for about 2 years now, it's a good bike and it's taught me loads, lately everyones getting new bikes and I'm just fancying a change really, had this bike for a long time (before I started stunting I'd only keep a road bike for a few months at most before getting bored!)

I just rode a street 636 for the first time, didn't get to stunt it apart from some stoppies, have to say though the bike feels 100 times better than an f4i.. it feels more powerful, more "precise" and really smooth.. I got to stunt a 636 a while back with renthal bars, the seat took some getting used to but it felt very strong on idle and balanced real easy...

I've heard a LOT of good and a LOT of bad about these bikes though... heard stories of going through 4+ engines and similar stories about snapped frames.... it does put me off a fair bit... but as much as the bad stories come.. I just can't stop thinking about swappin to a 636... or a 600rr but out here 6rr's are really expensive and hard to come by. I'm no pro rider, but I am definetly no n00bie squid.

So, will I really regret going for a 636 or do the pro's outweigh the cons? and what stuff can I do to one to prevent things breaking so much? I'd go for a sick innovations cage and round bar, OMR subcage and a fairing stay for starters....
Old 04-20-2008, 04:27 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Changing from F4i to 636....

clean air mod will keep the motor from blowing and tight motor mounts will keep the frame from breaking ....

when ever you crash hard check the motor mounts because usually what happens is the cage gives and that makes the motor mounts loose , the motor is a big part of the frames strength...

fairing stay is a must fo ff , it keeps your radiator from breaking on the 03 04 because the radiator is bolted to the plastics and the frame so if the plastics move down it tries to rip the radiator in half..

get some 05 06 forks if you do stoppies because the wall thickness of the 03 04 is thinner then the 05 06..
Old 04-20-2008, 04:30 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

and the 03 04 has plenty of room to flip, switch and turn out the clipons where the 05 06 doesn't really have alot of room because of the lower windscreen
Old 04-20-2008, 04:31 PM

there is someone in the UK thats made a radiator frame and stronger rear sets/pegs and some other bits, I believe they are now for sale at a shop here (I may be wrong though) so would have that on it as well if he is selling them.

So as long as I do clean air and as long as I keep a thorough check on the engine mount tightness, then I shouldn't really have any major problems?

Forgot to mention.. its an 03/04 like yours that I want.
Old 04-20-2008, 04:38 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by Sparks!
there is someone in the UK thats made a radiator frame and stronger rear sets/pegs and some other bits, I believe they are now for sale at a shop here (I may be wrong though) so would have that on it as well if he is selling them.

So as long as I do clean air and as long as I keep a thorough check on the engine mount tightness, then I shouldn't really have any major problems?

Forgot to mention.. its an 03/04 like yours that I want.
after market rear sets are fine but if you just cut down your stock pegs you should be fine and yes pppppp.....

pppppp proper prep prevents **** poor performance
Old 04-20-2008, 04:46 PM

pppppp lol

local honda garage just got a crash damaged 6dirty6 in.. think I'll be going in this week see how cheap I can get it for...

hey if I don't like it I can always sell it lol....
Old 04-20-2008, 04:54 PM
The Ego

N.Q.I_Dave is an unknown quantity at this point

Well get something because your bike is FUCKED!

And I dunno if the 636 will like the abuse you give your stunters.

Jk, get a honda you dirty turncoat scum. :D
Old 04-20-2008, 04:58 PM

Nowt wrong with my bike, I rode yours and thought it was fucked too so it's just what you're used to really. I fixed the clutch and moved all those cables after you left so there's half your complaints sorted already.

I can't afford a 600rr... looking at £2.5k at least just to buy the bike, let alone getting all the stunt gear for it.
Old 04-21-2008, 02:32 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Yeah dude from what i've known from you and how much you crash.. I would personally stay with the f4i man....You'll be spending more in repairs than riding seriously
Old 04-21-2008, 03:14 PM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point

Put away a nice nest egg for that frame.