gsxr taillight on f4i?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 11:48 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light
gsxr taillight on f4i?

06 gsxr taillight has black, green and blue/red wires. F4i has black/brown, green, and green/yellow wires. anyone know what is what?
Old 04-18-2008, 11:53 PM

REVLIMIT is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: gsxr taillight on f4i?

Well black is of course ground....one of the wires is going to be for the parking light and the other brake. I'm gonna say the blue/red and green/yellow are the brake lights. If anything hook up the two black wires...then connect the b/r to the g/y and see if it opperates the brake...if it just stays on then that's the parking.
Old 04-18-2008, 11:59 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by REVLIMIT
Well black is of course ground....one of the wires is going to be for the parking light and the other brake. I'm gonna say the blue/red and green/yellow are the brake lights. If anything hook up the two black wires...then connect the b/r to the g/y and see if it opperates the brake...if it just stays on then that's the parking.
gotcha, so black with the black/brown and then the other 2 just swap em till i get it right.
Old 04-19-2008, 12:18 AM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

I got a gix taillight on my f4, I can check tomorrow if you havent figured it out by then. I took the led strip out of the gix and mounted it inside a f4i taillight,it came out real good.And if I remember right black wasnt ground .
Old 04-19-2008, 01:07 AM

fat_sac has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I've been looking for wiring maps on the Suzukis and the Hondas. Does anyone know where I can find a real schematics diagram for either bike?
Old 04-19-2008, 01:23 AM

k well it turns out that it was black/brown to green and black to green and then green/yellow to blue/red