front brake problem HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 11:30 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

DURTY has a spectacular aura aboutDURTY has a spectacular aura about
front brake problem HELP!!!!

ok its my 04 636 stock front end, its been bleed properly and everything....it has no initial bite and so i noticed that the markings on my rotors were not full soo my pads were dirty n **** soo i sprayed brake cleaner all over it and it got a bit better but not even close to the bite i need for my stoppies WTF is up with this **** im freaking out???? i can stoppie but no initial bite?!?!? very gradual and i cant even 2 finger it i need to grab a hand full?!?!?! again dont tell me to bleed it cuz its been done correctly!!!!! so WTF?!?!?!?!?!?
Old 04-17-2008, 11:49 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all
Re: front brake problem HELP!!!!

pads are glazed prolly. take the pads out the calipers and scuff em up on some concrete.

Last edited by Wheeliest; 04-17-2008 at 11:50 PM. Reason: because you are canadian
Old 04-18-2008, 12:49 AM

Herb is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the same thing going on with my 05 and am wondering if it has to do with the rubber lines?
Old 04-18-2008, 12:55 AM
GP BIKES INC

faceless will become famous soon enough

with rubber lines you will get brake fad if youre not carful. run steel lines. they are better. and clean the rotors and scuff pads up. should fix the problem. just my opinion
Old 04-18-2008, 01:03 AM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

05 636 has low expansion lines...
Old 04-18-2008, 01:08 AM
GP BIKES INC

faceless will become famous soon enough

i blew the lines on my old 636 back pressured and ******* blew. i ate it a 60mph in a turn. said **** it sold it and got a different bike.
Old 04-18-2008, 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by Wheeliest
05 636 has low expansion lines...
im back to an 04 tho..... but ya i think they are just glazed!!!
Old 04-18-2008, 02:27 AM

zride is an unknown quantity at this point

If the pads are glazed or contamintaed replace them. as far as brake lines yes the steel braided lines are better. Either way you want to replace your lines and rubber parts in your brake system after four years. Maybe your front master cylinder piston seals are bad and need replaceing. make sure your crush washers are new....and torqued to spec.
Old 04-18-2008, 02:29 AM

Mr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud of

scuff the pads and rotors and re-brake them both in..

also if you got fluid on the pads soak-em in brake cleaner for a bit to try to get them dry.....
Old 04-18-2008, 02:33 AM

zride is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by r6-hooligan
scuff the pads and rotors and re-brake them both in..

also if you got fluid on the pads soak-em in brake cleaner for a bit to try to get them dry.....

dude pads are like thirty dollars....dont scuff them...replace those bastards....dont soak them or any of your pads in anythiing. Pads will not come back as they get impregnated and seep into the materials pores....I would not scuff your rotor either unless you want to ruin it. Use brake parts cleaner and some rags...clean the rotor on both sides... new pads...new crush washers. toque em between 17-25 ft lbs. if that doesnt work and there are absolutely no lleaks anywhere I would replace your master cylinder internals!
Old 04-18-2008, 02:47 AM

Mr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud of

pads may be $30 a set but when you need 4 sets (2 front 2 back) the $30 a set adds up quick...

And when I say "scuff" the rotors I'm saying lightly put a non-directional finish on them as they had when they were new
Old 04-18-2008, 08:57 AM

JohnnyP is a decent person

Sounds like it can be a few things....First and worst would be aftermarket pads, I hate them and they gotta go if their on my bike....Or they can be OEM but just really glazed or even possibly ruined from being soaked in fork oil if you ever had leaky for seals...

I got my money on them not being OEM and thats why you hate them
Old 04-18-2008, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Sounds like it can be a few things....First and worst would be aftermarket pads, I hate them and they gotta go if their on my bike....Or they can be OEM but just really glazed or even possibly ruined from being soaked in fork oil if you ever had leaky for seals...

I got my money on them not being OEM and thats why you hate them
nah i only run OEM they are prolly just glazed bad!!! ill check it out soon and let u guys know.........
Old 04-18-2008, 01:16 PM
Scrapes Elbow

ive glazed rear pads before and popped em off at the spot scuffed em on a curb and like 2mm or material os literlly compact brake dust that fell off and revealed new **** then they worked great