The Real Circle Wheelie Checklist

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 05:34 PM
Hate Hate Hate!

T-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really nice
Re: The Real Circle Wheelie Checklist

Originally Posted by Division1 Ryan
Bring it back? Its already been BROUGHTIN!!! HA!

I never stopped doin staggard O's.

Ex:
sweet, so your saying if we do them staggered, we dont need to wear a helmet?
Old 04-16-2008, 06:07 PM

xeriotti is an unknown quantity at this point

any checklist...sequence or dorections on hoe to react???

Ive been riding.....almost one circle....but its like a biiiiiigggggggggg one....not a tight one....how i make them tighter??? more waht? less what??? i know how to do tight ones on my bicycle but it weights a bit lesss than the gs
Old 04-16-2008, 06:36 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Lean the bike, get on top of it, and let her whip. If you're going wide you're keeping the bike too tall instead of leaning it.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:07 PM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by xeriotti
when i didnt know how to wheelie slow....i used to watch videos and i was amazed with people pulling the clutch in....now i cluth it a lot... its not another problem in my head.... it a tool to keep things nice and pretty

nut were not here to post about that.....were are here for....

CIRCLE WHEELIE CHECKLIST..
well you are on to something though. sometimes you can predict when its gonna highside and buck you off like a bronco and you can just pull the clutch in, other times it feels like its gonna rattrap and you can just slip it a little so that the bike doesnt stall. if it wasnt for those things i wouldve crashed so many times. the hardest part for me learning though was getting the bike to actually turn and dip. its like a regular tight turn in a parking lot, you lean the bike over, push the bars in, but your body weight is not. like for a merry go round you arent leaning into the circle so for a circle you wouldnt either.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:31 PM

thats the weird part....i dont know how to dip it into the tight circle.... i know how to coast and correct the circles (thanks bicycles) but diping it in is weird...
Old 04-16-2008, 08:15 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

that was the hard part for me, this is how it worked for me.

you are FIB on idle, and say you want to dip to the left. Pretty much push on the left handlebar, and pull on the right handlebar, stay on top of the bike. I dont know if that was common sense to everyone else, but not to me, till someone finally explained what they meant rather than just saying "use the bars" lol, hope that kinda helps. I know after I learned about that, I was able to dip it in everytime. Now if I can only keep it going
Old 04-16-2008, 08:30 PM

just like in the bicycle... and to avoid it to fall into to much i compensate pedaling more....but you know...its kinda dif... i have no handbrake yet....im punishing myself...."no handbrake till circles are on lock"
Old 04-16-2008, 08:42 PM

broncopete27 is an unknown quantity at this point

in my opinion, alot of people have trouble dipping it in because they arnt high enuff, and fellers that are good at circles get it high and dip it in without knowing they are doing it. so my advice to you is, bring it back like you are going to scrape, right before you scrape apply brake, while leaning to the disired direction you want to circle, after it falls in, but right before you feel like your going to lowside, blip the gas and ease off the brake and it will swing up and around, and right before it stands straight up, apply the brake again and bring it back down into the circle. once you get smooth at that you'll start instinctively using the brake when its too high and gas when its too low, so then its time to start working with the clutch.

it took me a year to learn circles 3 years ago when nobody around me knew how to do them, but you see dudes picking them up in a day after riding with somebody that knows how to do them now, that said riding with somebody that can do them will help alot. have them yell gas and brake when said functions should be preformed

Last edited by broncopete27; 04-16-2008 at 08:45 PM.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:10 PM

yeah.... im inventing stuntriding over here...i live in argentina... and NOBODY in my country can circle wheelie a big bike... NOBODY the nearest person that can circle a big bike might be some member of a stunteam from brazil... theres no scene here, nobody to ride with so... im pushing the envelope...at least in my country... i ride alone....i learn this sport from you guys...thanks, it makes me so happy to keep learning stuff, i even went pro in february i started getting payed for showing off and thats a big motivation.... (i cant name myself PRO proudly...i know that if i dont have circles on lock to perform in the middle of a crowd im just a one eyed man in the country of the blinds)

So...i want those **** circles.... **** the money, **** the fame, **** the girls (literally) i love to ride, i love the feeling when i can pull off some trick that some day seemed to be impossible...

Thanks again for taking your time to read my sometimes horrible english (my mothertongue is spanish...you noticed???)
Old 04-16-2008, 09:22 PM

DIRTYJEFF636s is a decent person

yeah.... im inventing stuntriding over here...i live in argentina... and NOBODY in my country can circle wheelie a big bike... NOBODY the nearest person that can circle a big bike might be some member of a stunteam from brazil... theres no scene here, nobody to ride with so... im pushing the envelope...at least in my country... i ride alone....i learn this sport from you guys...thanks, it makes me so happy to keep learning stuff, i even went pro in february i started getting payed for showing off and thats a big motivation.... (i cant name myself PRO proudly...i know that if i dont have circles on lock to perform in the middle of a crowd im just a one eyed man in the country of the blinds)

So...i want those **** circles.... **** the money, **** the fame, **** the girls (literally) i love to ride, i love the feeling when i can pull off some trick that some day seemed to be impossible...

Thanks again for taking your time to read my sometimes horrible english (my mothertongue is spanish...you noticed???)
+1. GOOD LUCK
Old 04-16-2008, 09:57 PM
Squidwheelies.com

blackness is an unknown quantity at this point

It really helped me when I first started circles to look the direction I wanted to go. Look over your shoulder and your body will follow where your looking. Also when I dip in I bring the bike really high almost to a stall with the brake and she dips right in, then let off the brake and the idle should carry you around a 1/2 a turn or so then gas/brake to control the height. If your trying to go right you can almost pull the bike into a circle with your body
Old 04-16-2008, 09:58 PM
Yut-ugh.

nickalltogether is a decent person

I know the feeling man... there is no one (that I know of) within at least a 50 mile radius of me hitting circles... so I'm gonna try to lock them down on my own.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:14 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by nickalltogether
I know the feeling man... there is no one (that I know of) within at least a 50 mile radius of me hitting circles... so I'm gonna try to lock them down on my own.
+1

I gotta travel at least 30 minutes to run into anyone that can circle.. Lucky I live near KC though, so theres probably a couple dozen riders that are WAY better then me :YEAH

I'm the only one on idle in my town.. working on getting my friend there so I'm not alone in the lot!
Old 04-16-2008, 10:20 PM
Yut-ugh.

i tried idle for the first time today... no dice.

idk if it's the stock gearing or not but this bitch doesn't pull for **** on idle.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:24 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

foot in trunk

catch idle

dip it in to the left: in one motion, **** bars to the right to help shift the weight of the bike "underneath" you. stay at the very least with your chest in line with the bike, preferrably towards the right side. gas, brake, clutch after that.

by "underneath" i mean any position in which you are not going to highside. your initial reaction will prolly be to fall to the right or even go the the right...ignore this and dip it more next time.

i likemy idle high for fib circles, like 4 grand no prob, but you will probably find that too fast, try 3k. bump tire pressure to at least twen twen.

oh ya, practice. film yourself and then watch film of someone else doing it.

wow, that was long
Old 04-16-2008, 10:29 PM
Yut-ugh.

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
wow, that was long
that's what she said...

i'm ready to get to the point where i'm starting circles... my new goal for riding is circles... my previous goal was a 1 mile wheelie
Old 04-16-2008, 10:56 PM

stuntman29 is a decent person

so which direction is the common direction to learn circles? Everything I read that Teach says is left but for me it seems almost easier to drop it in to the right...

I am at the pissed off point of learning circles and just want to stick it out. I am staggered with no hand break and no other stunt bike within hundreds of miles...so its just me...alone at the spot getting pissed as ****....

so left or right?
Old 04-16-2008, 11:00 PM
Yut-ugh.

I like going left (on my fiddy at least and I'm sure it will be the same on the f4i).. I think if you're right handed going left is more natural, but that's just my theory.
Old 04-16-2008, 11:13 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

do work son or HAIhas the easy button for 999.99 go from super squid to super stunter in a push of a button
Old 04-16-2008, 11:14 PM
EXTREME THERAPY

100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough

I am right handed and I go left on tha fiddy and cant turn right Os at all.
on tha f4ez I go right and can't turn left.. I can do staggerd foot -,ss,-rl-flamingo-cancan all while turning O's to tha right, can even stall it and go into more combos but I cannot O to tha left. ...practice practice practice:YEAH

Quick Reply: The Real Circle Wheelie Checklist