05/06 636 subframe/SI round bar? Not happy

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 06:29 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

DURTY has a spectacular aura aboutDURTY has a spectacular aura about
Re: 05/06 636 subframe/SI round bar? Not happy

Originally Posted by 50Outlaw
does it do the same thing on the 03-04 636???
Originally Posted by T-NECK
no sir!
thank god!!!!

this thread scared me...i just came back from a session and i was scraping the **** out of the SI on my 04......i just hope my sub wont bend??? i dont gorilla scrape eighther!!!
Old 04-15-2008, 06:32 PM

DECEPTICON13 is an unknown quantity at this point

i called ian at sick and had him not drill any holes in the bar so i could put them where i wanted.....

i also had extra piece of aluminum welded on the inside of the subframe though.. mine is on a 04.....
Old 04-16-2008, 05:24 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

gary had his on the 05 for over a year and no damage

tell your boy to stop gorilla scraping
Old 04-16-2008, 08:31 AM

JohnnyP is a decent person

Originally Posted by DICK-HEAD
gary had his on the 05 for over a year and no damage

tell your boy to stop gorilla scraping
Hes not even gorilla scraping, I already said that. ....You cant even tap the thing while stalling SS without it bending, there is so much flex in that sub its crazy...Just pushing up and down on the round bar you can see it flexing about 1".......

I really liked the 05/06 but now with this sub problem I like 03/04 even more...:YEAH
Old 04-16-2008, 10:38 AM
A Few Loose Screws - DVD

CRAZY DAN is a decent person

05/06 = no scrapes

if you want a subframe to last on the 05/06 then never scrape it, touch it, or stall it on anything. my last one cracked from just clutching it up with my foot in the bar!

Old 04-16-2008, 11:50 AM

Its good to know its not just us ameturs having issues...Hes got a nice Yosh carbon with carbon tip that I just shortened 3" so we can tuck it in there, and he just doesnt want that pipe to get thrashed...He was fine scraping the OEM pipe but it looks like ***...

I have a spare so I think Im going to try reinfocing that one, has anyone done anything like that yet?

Also his pipe didnt come with anything for the servo motor for the stock exhast valve...So what is everyone doing with that servo motor when they put slip ons on this bike?
Old 04-16-2008, 12:21 PM
A Few Loose Screws - DVD

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Its good to know its not just us ameturs having issues...Hes got a nice Yosh carbon with carbon tip that I just shortened 3" so we can tuck it in there, and he just doesnt want that pipe to get thrashed...He was fine scraping the OEM pipe but it looks like ***...

I have a spare so I think Im going to try reinfocing that one, has anyone done anything like that yet?

Also his pipe didnt come with anything for the servo motor for the stock exhast valve...So what is everyone doing with that servo motor when they put slip ons on this bike?
micron comes with a little 1/2 moon shaped thing that bolts on to the servo to trick it. if your wanting to keep strength to your subframe the stock exhaust is the best way to go. if your choosing a aftermarket exhaust, i recommend the micron. slipon only. full systems are a waiste for stunt bikes. i also recommend putting on a power commander and having the bike dyno'd. when you put the aftermarket can on it causes your bike to run super lean. this will cause your bike to run hot and possibly overheat and blow up. the dyno also helps with the low end power loss.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:30 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

DURTY has a spectacular aura aboutDURTY has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by CRAZY DAN
micron comes with a little 1/2 moon shaped thing that bolts on to the servo to trick it. if your wanting to keep strength to your subframe the stock exhaust is the best way to go. if your choosing a aftermarket exhaust, i recommend the micron. slipon only. full systems are a waiste for stunt bikes. i also recommend putting on a power commander and having the bike dyno'd. when you put the aftermarket can on it causes your bike to run super lean. this will cause your bike to run hot and possibly overheat and blow up. the dyno also helps with the low end power loss.
ya i noticed i put a slip on on my 04 and when i start my bike i get back fire??? is it cuz im runing too lean??? i dont wanna have to buy a power commender n go to where they have a dyno and ALLLLLLL that so wat should i do??
Old 04-16-2008, 12:35 PM

Yeah thats what Im looking for a servo motor travel limmiter, problem is he bought his Yosh slipon from Ebay and it didnt come with one cause they probably left it on the bike they stripped the pipe from...Do you know by any chance if Micron will sell me just the servo motor limmiter? Or do you think you could show me a picture of it so I can fab one up myself? Id really appreciate it...

As for tuning with a slipon, I aggree when I put a slipon my 03/04 it made ti run very hot...Im not a fan of PC's anymore thou! Ive had a few take a **** on me....And a local shop here in Toronto sells a new system called PCC Power Cordinator Computer.....Its a stand alone system that remaps itself on the fly, you put a gas analizer sensor into the exhast pipe and its smells how well the gas fumes are being burnt and adjusts the FI on the fly to get the proper burn....Its a little more then a PC at $450 but after you install it there is no tuning required as it tunes itself on the fly.....The Akrapovic EVO systems already have a threaded adaptor for the sensor so they just screw right into those full systems, for other applications I have to make an adaptor and drill and weld it onto the headers....Its similar to the systems used in MotoGP and other top level racing...
Old 04-16-2008, 12:37 PM
Hate Hate Hate!

T-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really nice

Originally Posted by DURTY
ya i noticed i put a slip on on my 04 and when i start my bike i get back fire??? is it cuz im runing too lean??? i dont wanna have to buy a power commender n go to where they have a dyno and ALLLLLLL that so wat should i do??
when i was running my 636, it did the same thing. run a K&N air filter when your running a slip on. also make sure all your vaccum lines are secure running around your throttle bodies, as that will cause a backfire as well. power commander's never hurt anything either...
Old 04-16-2008, 12:50 PM

Herb is an unknown quantity at this point

I bought my bike used with a Muzzys slip on and it did not come with the servo limiter. Dont know why, but it didnt. The bike was running like complete garbage. I wasnt about to install a power commander and have a dyno tune on my bike. So I went back to the stocker and runs great.

But here is a fix Ive seen. Hope it helps...
Name:  servo.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  47.2 KB
Old 04-16-2008, 01:00 PM
A Few Loose Screws - DVD

Originally Posted by Herb
I bought my bike used with a Muzzys slip on and it did not come with the servo limiter. Dont know why, but it didnt. The bike was running like complete garbage. I wasnt about to install a power commander and have a dyno tune on my bike. So I went back to the stocker and runs great.

that looks nothing like the micron...fyi

i can email micron and find out about the servo part. im sure they are available.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Herb

Thanks that looks a little ghetto but gets the job done I bet....All it has to do is limmit the travel so it doesnt just spin around and around, Im guessing about 1/2" of travel in either direction....I'll fab something up
Old 04-16-2008, 01:07 PM

i can email micron and find out about the servo part. im sure they are available.
Ive seen them before and your right the ones exhaust companies make look differnt, but they all do the same thing. Its very simple they just limmit the travel of the servo so it doesnt keep turning around and around...So even thou that looks ghetto Im sure it works just fine, but if I can Id rather just buy a proper part so let me know...Thanks
Old 04-16-2008, 01:09 PM

Herb is an unknown quantity at this point

Of coarse it wont look like the $100.00 machined part all the companies offer. I wouldnt pay that much for something that couldnt be duplicated for .50 cents.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:20 PM
Hate Hate Hate!

T-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really nice

heres what the yosh one looks like. honestly all you need is that little piece of flat stock pictures up a few posts earlier.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	exhaust.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	208538  
Old 04-16-2008, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by T-NECK
heres what the yosh one looks like. honestly all you need is that little piece of flat stock pictures up a few posts earlier.
Looks like about 1/2" of travel in either direction? I can fab something like that or as simple as the flat stock, just need to know roughly how much travel it needs to have...
Old 04-16-2008, 01:36 PM

J-Dawg is an unknown quantity at this point

I never noticed mine was bent up until I saw this thread and went out and checked it(I hardly have a tail left so it isn't that noticeable). I don't think it has anything to do with SI's design. The part of the subframe at which the SI bar bolts to is very weak, I would take a picture if I had my camera with me. It would be nice if someone made a billet piece to bolt up to the stock 636 exhaust (the part that surrounds the tailpipe, stock it is plastic). That way the exhaust flexes and you could just replace the scraped piece as needed. I don't see how the Powers bar would be any better unless it bolted to a different point than the SI.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by J-Dawg
I never noticed mine was bent up until I saw this thread and went out and checked it(I hardly have a tail left so it isn't that noticeable). I don't think it has anything to do with SI's design. The part of the subframe at which the SI bar bolts to is very weak, I would take a picture if I had my camera with me. It would be nice if someone made a billet piece to bolt up to the stock 636 exhaust (the part that surrounds the tailpipe, stock it is plastic). That way the exhaust flexes and you could just replace the scraped piece as needed. I don't see how the Powers bar would be any better unless it bolted to a different point than the SI.
Im not knocking SI, the bar was ok not the best fit/finish but its just a bar right...My issue here is why not take it a step futher and solve this problem with the bar, instead of just makin this simple bar and blaiming it on the subframe when they bend....

Ive bought a few MXD 12 and round bars and for alot of bikes he makes them mount up all the way to the subframe tabs on the frame....Something like that would make this problem go away with the purchase of a bar, not like right now where we spent $100 on a bar and we still need to do some custom work of our own...If I knew I would have had to do this, I wouldnt have bought the bar in the first place...Cause while Im fixing the subframe problem I could have made a bar easily....I just think someone should make a round bar that fixes this problem at the same time...
Old 04-16-2008, 01:55 PM

J-Dawg is an unknown quantity at this point

I know what your saying but I am beginning to think Crazy Dan has it right when he says you can't scrape the 05/06's without screwing the subframe up.

I don't think you could attach a bar at the subframe mounts on the 05-06's due to the undertail exhaust, there is a bunch of junk in the way.

I think there are other ways to solve this problem too, maybe designing a bar that absorbs the initial impact with some type of spring action or shock absorber??

Quick Reply: 05/06 636 subframe/SI round bar? Not happy