Adding a PCV Valve to the 636 Kleen Air Mod

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 12:07 PM

Ringmaster72 is an unknown quantity at this point
Adding a PCV Valve to the 636 Kleen Air Mod

I did the kleen air mod by running a hose from the crankcase to the "t" in front of the motor. I realize this will cure the oil in the airbox problem, but I still do not want to have smoke pouring out of my exhaust. I was thinking of adding a PCV valve in the hose from the crankcase to the valve. I was thinking that this would keep at least some of the oil from getting into the valve and going through the exhaust, while still allowing air to pass through. Anybody tried this or have any opinions?
Old 04-14-2008, 12:09 PM

Afflicted is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Adding a PCV Valve to the 636 Kleen Air Mod

smoke doesnt really pour out of your exhaust unless you park it at 12 and leave it there for awhile but why would you do that?? so i wouldnt see the point of it, but to each their own and it isnt really doing any harm
Old 04-14-2008, 12:23 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

I don't think that would help it from burnign oil..

When you lay your bike down, and it stays running, the oil HAS To go somewhere..

Stock it goes into the airbox, which can and will lock your motor.. So instead you route it into the exhaust.

But if you block it off oging to the exhaust, then your gonna blow out seals on your motor..

if anything, just disconnect all the breather valves from the exhaust AND airbox, and run them to a catch can, or just to a filter, and that'll dump oil on hte ground, instead of inside your exhaust..

Although then you end up with oil slicks all over the place....
Old 04-14-2008, 12:29 PM

DEstreetkilla is a decent person

Why Would U Do That Why Would U Sit It At Twelve And Leave It Running......someone Must Not Be Doing Highchairs On The Highway For Miles Lol
Old 04-14-2008, 12:35 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by custom07exhaust
Why Would U Do That Why Would U Sit It At Twelve And Leave It Running......someone Must Not Be Doing Highchairs On The Highway For Miles Lol
12 and balance point are difference

highchairs for miles is balance point, unless your bike is striaght up and down, which I doubt you can do for miles

Your avatar, balnace point.. Mine, damn near 12
Old 04-14-2008, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Afflicted
smoke doesnt really pour out of your exhaust unless you park it at 12 and leave it there for awhile but why would you do that?? so i wouldnt see the point of it, but to each their own and it isnt really doing any harm

MY COMMENT BOUT MILE LONG HIGHCHAIR WAS REFFERING TO HIM SAYING SMOKE DOESNT POUR UNLESS U PARK AT TWELVE.....ERRRRRRRRR WRONG.....BP HIGHCHAIR ON HIGHWAY MAKES MASSIVE SMOKE......ENOUGH TO SHUT DOWN 4 LANES OF TRAFFIC AND LOOSE 25 BIKES THAT WERE FOLLOWING YOU
Old 04-14-2008, 02:33 PM

Exactly, what he is referring to is I was doing a highchair on the highway for a good ways on my 05 636 and the motor fell on its face and smoke started pouring out blinding everybody behind me. So I did the kleen air mod this weekend, but I did it on my 03 636 last year and the motor would never lose power, but once in a while it would start pouring smoke in a long wheelie. I was just thinking that a pcv valve would still allow enough air through while keeping some of the oil from making it through.

Last edited by Ringmaster72; 04-14-2008 at 02:35 PM.
Old 04-14-2008, 02:59 PM

Jaket is an unknown quantity at this point

Some old cars have metal wire mesh inside the breather tube. It's there to prevent oil from going to the intake. that would be one way.

What I have noticed that the breather tube needs to be big. that way the airflow inside it so slow that the oil can travel back down to the engine.

It the tube is thin, the breather pressure is pushing the oilvapor forward in the tube to the airbox/exhaust.
Old 04-14-2008, 03:05 PM

EnderWiggin is an unknown quantity at this point

MY COMMENT BOUT MILE LONG HIGHCHAIR WAS REFFERING TO HIM SAYING SMOKE DOESNT POUR UNLESS U PARK AT TWELVE.....ERRRRRRRRR WRONG.....BP HIGHCHAIR ON HIGHWAY MAKES MASSIVE SMOKE......ENOUGH TO SHUT DOWN 4 LANES OF TRAFFIC AND LOOSE 25 BIKES THAT WERE FOLLOWING YOU
DOES POSTING IN ALL CAPS EMPHASIZE YOUR POINT OR YOU TRYING TO GET NOTICED? OR DO YOU THINK DOING IT WILL MAKE YOU SEEM COOLER??
Old 04-14-2008, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Jaket
Some old cars have metal wire mesh inside the breather tube. It's there to prevent oil from going to the intake. that would be one way.

What I have noticed that the breather tube needs to be big. that way the airflow inside it so slow that the oil can travel back down to the engine.

It the tube is thin, the breather pressure is pushing the oilvapor forward in the tube to the airbox/exhaust.
This is what I am aiming for. PCv valves have **** inside that makes it hard for liquid to get by while still allowing air through.
Old 04-14-2008, 03:12 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

stop overfilling your oil. run the stock level of oil, the 636 does not have an oil starvation problem. i ran my 06 636 for 9 months with no kleen mod and did combo wheelies on the highway 10+ miles everyday plus riding in the lots and never had oil in my airbox. now with my 05 i did the kleen mod just for the **** of it and ive only gotten smoke out my exhuast twice and that was from keeping my bike on the exhuast too long before i jumped back in from a stall, still doesnt smoke on the streets or anytime else, and thats only happend like 3 times of all the stalls ive done.
Old 04-14-2008, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by EnderWiggin
DOES POSTING IN ALL CAPS EMPHASIZE YOUR POINT OR YOU TRYING TO GET NOTICED? OR DO YOU THINK DOING IT WILL MAKE YOU SEEM COOLER??

actually i got two words into wat i was typin and forgot to turn it off and didnt feel like backspacing.....but it obviously got your attention

what are you mr ****** anti caps lock
Old 04-14-2008, 03:18 PM

wow wow wow........that should fix it

Last edited by DEstreetkilla; 04-14-2008 at 03:20 PM.
Old 04-14-2008, 03:20 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
stop overfilling your oil. run the stock level of oil, the 636 does not have an oil starvation problem. i ran my 06 636 for 9 months with no kleen mod and did combo wheelies on the highway 10+ miles everyday plus riding in the lots and never had oil in my airbox. now with my 05 i did the kleen mod just for the **** of it and ive only gotten smoke out my exhuast twice and that was from keeping my bike on the exhuast too long before i jumped back in from a stall, still doesnt smoke on the streets or anytime else, and thats only happend like 3 times of all the stalls ive done.
yep skills is right if your bike smokes from long wheelies you probably have too much oil in it and puting in a vent will negate the pwoer gains of the clean air mod because it wouldn't allow the reed valves to create a vaccum in the crank case and thats where the power gains come from...

you would still get the advantage of not having hot oily air in the air box but the vaccum in the crank case is the real power gain
Old 04-14-2008, 03:24 PM

EnderWiggin is an unknown quantity at this point

actually i got two words into wat i was typin and forgot to turn it off and didnt feel like backspacing.....but it obviously got your attention

what are you mr ****** anti caps lock
NO, I'M MR. ANTI-******* BIG WALL OF TEXT WHEN I GO SEE SOMEONES POST AND I WANT TO GO READ IT BUT THEN REALIZE IT SEEMS LIKE THEY ARE ACTUALLY YELLING AT ME BECAUSE THATS WHAT CAPITALIZED WORDS MEAN AND AFTER AWHILE OF READING POSTS LIKE THIS IT GETS ANNOYING.

DO YOU SCREAM WHEN YOU ENGAGE IN A CONVERSATION?

IT IS INTERESTING HOW MUCH A SINGLE POST CAN TELL HOW A PERSON CARRIES THEMSELVES IN REAL LIFE, OBVIOUSLY YOU SEEM YOU GIVE LITTLE TO NO EFFORT ON GIVING SOME FORM OF RESPECT FOR YOURSELF OR ANYONE ELSE THAT WOULD BOTHER TRYING TO READ A POST ALL IN CAPS LOCK.

SORRY TO LAZY TO GO BACK AND FIX ALL THE OFFENSIVE MATERIAL I POSTED.

:-/
Old 04-14-2008, 03:25 PM

OMR, do you think aside from the lack of a power gain that it would keep the oil out, if I happen to have the smoke problem in the future?
Old 04-14-2008, 03:29 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

if you don't run too much oil you wont have the problem at all .....

the only thing i would do if any thing is maybe run bigger hose like some one else said but i don't even think that is neccesary i have been running the stock size hose and the only time i get any smoke at all is if the bike is on it's side running for a long time or i over fill the oil or if it's sitting on the bar for like ten seconds
Old 04-14-2008, 03:30 PM
also known as OMR

ten seconds is a loooooong time
Old 04-14-2008, 04:31 PM

Trock740stuntn is a decent person

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
i just bought a 04 636 and i ride the streets alot highway wheelies i have never had problem with oil getting into airbox should i do the kleen air mod or just keep it how it is ?
Old 04-14-2008, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Trock740stuntn
i just bought a 04 636 and i ride the streets alot highway wheelies i have never had problem with oil getting into airbox should i do the kleen air mod or just keep it how it is ?
The only times I have ever had it happen are when I was doing wheelies for a long time and had the motor high in the revs, lik 12K or so. I have never had a problem when lower in the revs. However, it only takes one time to mess you up. I was doing a highchair and it was like somebody hit the kill switch, I mousetrapped and just about got tossed over the front. It only costs like $15 and an hour or so of your time to do the mod, so I would highly recommend it. If you have any questions I would be glad to help ya.

Quick Reply: Adding a PCV Valve to the 636 Kleen Air Mod