Adding a PCV Valve to the 636 Kleen Air Mod

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 08:19 PM

Noglory is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Adding a PCV Valve to the 636 Kleen Air Mod

So i did the mods and still got one question. The vacuum lines that come off the throttle bodies, do they need to be removed? i was looking at them and they are all connected so i dont believe they would have to. the only one i kno i had to cap off was the line that went from a throttle body to the stock "t" fitting. I took some pictures of my ghetto rigging so if omr or someone else could give me the okay to go, it would be great. sorry bout sounding like a 2 year old, but im a stunt rider on a tight budget, the less that goes wrong the better!

Name:  DSCN2218.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  41.7 KB
Name:  DSCN2216.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  56.9 KB

Thanks again in advance!
Old 04-15-2008, 10:22 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Ringmaster72
Both of my 636s did this when high in the revs for a long wheelie, nothing is wrong with em, it is just a kawi problem. No biggie if this mod is done, but if ur motor sucks the oil through and the motor dies, it can get ugly in a hurry trust me.

Custom07exhaust was doing a standup right behind me when this **** happened and thought I went down and that he was gonna wreck in the smoke, LOL, thats why he is bullshittin in this thread.
Probably because you run too much oil..

I heard about if before from people, but also the same people that say they run .5-1 quart over..

On my friends 636 I never had that problem, and I rocked it for over 5 miles a few times. Never once smoked

but he ran the correct facotry amount of oil
Old 04-16-2008, 12:07 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

noglory you only need to plug the one line but i suggest you thread a long screw in the hose because those little vacuum caps always either blow off if the bike back fires or they get hard and crack , that causes a mystery vacuum leak that is a bitch to find
Old 04-16-2008, 12:25 AM

Afflicted is an unknown quantity at this point

so its pretty bad if i put vaccum caps on all the plugs on my 636? i didnt put them on the line, i put it directly on the metal stem from the throttle bodies....
Old 04-16-2008, 12:56 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Afflicted
so its pretty bad if i put vaccum caps on all the plugs on my 636? i didnt put them on the line, i put it directly on the metal stem from the throttle bodies....
no thats fine but if your bike starts to idle up and down for no reason that would be the first place i would look
Old 04-16-2008, 02:33 AM

upp onn 1 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Afflicted
smoke doesnt really pour out of your exhaust unless you park it at 12 and leave it there for awhile but why would you do that?? so i wouldnt see the point of it, but to each their own and it isnt really doing any harm
not true i used to ride a 11 oclock for about 30 seconds and my bike would turn into the james bond bike lol the smoke screen is so thick it was rediculus... i took a 1/2 fuel filter and gutted it and put it inline as a catcher works great. you can get one from napa for like 5 bucks
Old 04-16-2008, 10:57 AM

Afflicted is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old man roger
no thats fine but if your bike starts to idle up and down for no reason that would be the first place i would look
oh alright
Old 04-16-2008, 11:23 AM
It's cold out here

csiamanis is an unknown quantity at this point

Alright. I'm the middle of doing this and want to make sure I'm understanding this. All we are doing is re-routing the crankcase hose off the air box and the valve cover hose off the air box and to each other. Then capping the holes on the air box, correct? Why are we having to remove the small vacuum line between the "T" on top the valve cover and throttle body then capping the leaks? Oil? Maybe I just answered my own question.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:32 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by csiamanis
Alright. I'm the middle of doing this and want to make sure I'm understanding this. All we are doing is re-routing the crankcase hose off the air box and the valve cover hose off the air box and to each other. Then capping the holes on the air box, correct? Why are we having to remove the small vacuum line between the "T" on top the valve cover and throttle body then capping the leaks? Oil? Maybe I just answered my own question.
yes you are correct on what you are doing and your taking the vacuum line off the t so the t will stay in the open position ,that vacuum line opens and closes the t and you want it open for this mod and then you just block off the vacuum line and your done you don't even need to take all the other vacuum lines off just block off the one you take off the t
Old 04-16-2008, 03:37 PM

Ringmaster72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by upp onn 1
not true i used to ride a 11 oclock for about 30 seconds and my bike would turn into the james bond bike lol the smoke screen is so thick it was rediculus... i took a 1/2 fuel filter and gutted it and put it inline as a catcher works great. you can get one from napa for like 5 bucks

What kind of fuel filter? R u saying you took a 1/2 inch fuel filter and took the actual filter out of the inside? I am just trying to visualize it. Do you have a pic of the type of filter?
Old 07-06-2009, 01:41 PM

Platinum636 is a decent person

Came across this thread while I was doing some research on my kleen air mod. I was wondering about that fuel filter you are talking about. I've been getting some serious smoke when at high rpms and running wheelies for a long time. + pissing a lot of my friends off! lol

Any Pics on this or advice