Adding a PCV Valve to the 636 Kleen Air Mod

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 04:58 PM

Noglory is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Adding a PCV Valve to the 636 Kleen Air Mod

1 quick question. When doing the kleen air mod, where does the pressure go, form inside the motor. Wont it blow out gaskets and seals. If it does not blow out gaskets and seals i would be very interested in doing the mod. I have been pushing this mod off for over a year. also can someone post up pics of this?
Old 04-14-2008, 05:17 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

yes do the mod it is good insurance specially if you bypassed your tip over switch becuase if the bike rolls over and stay running it will fill up your air box with oil and can destroy your motor.
Old 04-14-2008, 05:31 PM

any pics

Ill search for them but ya kno everyone looks for the easy button lol
Old 04-14-2008, 05:41 PM

http://public.fotki.com/garymilcheck...ods/kleen_mod/

I found this link, but my bike isnt part of the cali emissions....so just bypassing that part in the instructions, is everything else the same?
Old 04-14-2008, 05:43 PM

DEstreetkilla is a decent person

Originally Posted by old man roger
yes do the mod it is good insurance specially if you bypassed your tip over switch becuase if the bike rolls over and stay running it will fill up your air box with oil and can destroy your motor.

destroy motor....aka hydroloc the motor...then u will have to remove all spark plugs hoping you didnt bend break crank rods connecting rods anything....so go to hardware store and spend 20$ tops and do it
Old 04-14-2008, 05:56 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Noglory
1 quick question. When doing the kleen air mod, where does the pressure go, form inside the motor. Wont it blow out gaskets and seals. If it does not blow out gaskets and seals i would be very interested in doing the mod. I have been pushing this mod off for over a year. also can someone post up pics of this?
it does not create pressure it creates a vaccum because it ports the crankcase gasses to the exhaust through reed valves that are in the valve cover...

Originally Posted by custom07exhaust
destroy motor....aka hydroloc the motor...then u will have to remove all spark plugs hoping you didnt bend break crank rods connecting rods anything....so go to hardware store and spend 20$ tops and do it
i just used the stock valve and didn't even buy a pvc valve , when you unplug the little vaccum line on the back of the stock valve it makes the stock valve stay open and oit then works just like a pvc valve
Old 04-14-2008, 06:09 PM

it does not create pressure it creates a vaccum because it ports the crankcase gasses to the exhaust through reed valves that are in the valve cover...

i just used the stock valve and didn't even buy a pvc valve , when you unplug the little vaccum line on the back of the stock valve it makes the stock valve stay open and oit then works just like a pvc valve

so im going to do this. Only thing is i dont understand what the stock valve is. The stock T fitting? if i were to take the list givin by this link http://public.fotki.com/garymilcheck...ods/kleen_mod/ to the parts store, everything i need is there?
Old 04-14-2008, 06:18 PM
also known as OMR

so im going to do this. Only thing is i dont understand what the stock valve is. The stock T fitting? if i were to take the list givin by this link http://public.fotki.com/garymilcheck...ods/kleen_mod/ to the parts store, everything i need is there?
ok here is the simplified version...

you don't need to buy a t fitting just use the stock t fitting

unplug and block off the vaccum line that actuates the stock t fitting and then connect the crackcase breather hose that comes from the back of the motor to the hose that comes off the center of the stock t ..

block off the two holes left in the air box and your done........

i used the stock hoses and just connected the two with a piece of conduit and a couple hose clamps i bent the conduit so it went around the right side of the throttle bodies

Last edited by old man roger; 04-14-2008 at 06:20 PM.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:21 PM

Thanks for the help OMR. Sometimes my thick skull doesn't take things in easy!!!!
Old 04-14-2008, 06:23 PM
also known as OMR

i edited my post go over it again just so your clear
Old 04-14-2008, 06:29 PM

Copy!
Old 04-14-2008, 06:57 PM

DerekMey is a decent person

Originally Posted by custom07exhaust
MY COMMENT BOUT MILE LONG HIGHCHAIR WAS REFFERING TO HIM SAYING SMOKE DOESNT POUR UNLESS U PARK AT TWELVE.....ERRRRRRRRR WRONG.....BP HIGHCHAIR ON HIGHWAY MAKES MASSIVE SMOKE......ENOUGH TO SHUT DOWN 4 LANES OF TRAFFIC AND LOOSE 25 BIKES THAT WERE FOLLOWING YOU
First, your an idiot. Second you're bikes jacked up if it smokes from BP wheelies on the highway, and Afflicted was wrong earlier, because i doubt your at BP in your avatar, because you're prob doing 90. Can you even do a BP Highchair on the highway?
Old 04-14-2008, 08:32 PM

Afflicted is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DerekMey
First, your an idiot. Second you're bikes jacked up if it smokes from BP wheelies on the highway, and Afflicted was wrong earlier, because i doubt your at BP in your avatar, because you're prob doing 90. Can you even do a BP Highchair on the highway?
how was i wrong? all i said was it shouldnt be pouring out smoke unless you leave it at 12, meaning in a normal bp wheelie it should not be pouring out smoke

Originally Posted by Afflicted
smoke doesnt really pour out of your exhaust unless you park it at 12 and leave it there for awhile but why would you do that?? so i wouldnt see the point of it, but to each their own and it isnt really doing any harm
was i wrong about it not doing harm to the exhaust if its burning oil or what part was i wrong about?
Old 04-14-2008, 09:47 PM

Ringmaster72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the help OMR. Sometimes my thick skull doesn't take things in easy!!!!
If you take ur tank and airbox off and have a look it will all come together. You will see the hose from the back of the motor going to the airbox and in front of the airbox you will see the "T". Once you get to this point it will com together for you, you just run a 1/2 inch inside diameter tube from the back of the motor to the "T" and that is it. I bought a new t that fit the 1/2 inch id tube from the hardware store and just threw the factory one away. I also capped off the small vacum line that goes to the factory "T".
Old 04-14-2008, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by DerekMey
Both of my 636s did this when high in the revs for a long wheelie, nothing is wrong with em, it is just a kawi problem. No biggie if this mod is done, but if ur motor sucks the oil through and the motor dies, it can get ugly in a hurry trust me.

Custom07exhaust was doing a standup right behind me when this **** happened and thought I went down and that he was gonna wreck in the smoke, LOL, thats why he is bullshittin in this thread.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:53 PM

Check this vid out at around 1:40. Ed legion is on a GSXR and the same thing happend. The only difference is my **** had like 50 times the smoke, LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFdFeDchtGs
Old 04-14-2008, 11:08 PM
It's cold out here

csiamanis is an unknown quantity at this point

I have never had a problem with oil getting in the air box. Every time the tank is off I look for any and see none. I run my oil up to the start of the sight glass. I am not too sure if I will do this mod or not because yes, without vacuum to the crankcase PRESSURES ARE DEVELOPED and LEAKS MAY BEGIN. This is 33% of the reason the tube even exists. The other 33% is to re-burn the blow-by gases from the crankcase in the combustion chamber (increased efficiency). The last 33% is to keep the oil more clean of contaminants (ie gassy-oil). Doing the mod will lead to: 1)oil leaks/excessive oil consumption 2)pre-mature oil wear. It's just a matter of "this or that." I have been thinking of different way to get around this but...eh.

EDIT: I just did some more reading on the relocating of the crank tube to the valve cover. Is there another source of vacuum to the valve cover that helps with the venting of the re-located crankcase hose?

Last edited by csiamanis; 04-14-2008 at 11:49 PM.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:54 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by csiamanis
I have never had a problem with oil getting in the air box. Every time the tank is off I look for any and see none. I run my oil up to the start of the sight glass. I am not too sure if I will do this mod or not because yes, without vacuum to the crankcase PRESSURES ARE DEVELOPED and LEAKS MAY BEGIN. This is 33% of the reason the tube even exists. The other 33% is to re-burn the blow-by gases from the crankcase in the combustion chamber (increased efficiency). The last 33% is to keep the oil more clean of contaminants (ie gassy-oil). Doing the mod will lead to: 1)oil leaks/excessive oil consumption 2)pre-mature oil wear. It's just a matter of "this or that." I have been thinking of different way to get around this but...eh.
you don't understand .......this mod only bypasses the air box and it actually creates more of a vacuum in the crank case so it will not create pressure and it will not create leakes.there are reed valves in your valve cover that are ported to the exhaust and the reed valves only allow suction they don't alow pressure ..the exhaust acts like an evacuation system for the crankcase trust me on this your wrong

Last edited by old man roger; 04-15-2008 at 12:04 AM.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:01 AM
It's cold out here

csiamanis is an unknown quantity at this point

...there are reed valves in your valve cover that are ported to the exhaust...
This is what I was missing. At first I thought we were just letting the vent gases linger in the cover, but after some reading I found there was an alternate source of vacuum. Cool, maybe I'll do it after all.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:16 AM

Afflicted is an unknown quantity at this point

listen to old man roger, he knows his ****

Quick Reply: Adding a PCV Valve to the 636 Kleen Air Mod