tygershark and billet stator covers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 08:38 AM

Dstunts is an unknown quantity at this point
tygershark and billet stator covers?

i cracked my first stator cover tonite since having a cj3 fitted. iv been expecting it because iv heard its pretty common. but now that its happened to me i want to know if it would be worth getting a billet stator cover so this wont happen again?

has anyone seen how the billet stator covers hold up from being smacked with a cage?
Old 04-10-2008, 08:42 AM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light
Re: tygershark and billet stator covers?

Originally Posted by Dstunts
i cracked my first stator cover tonite since having a cj3 fitted. iv been expecting it because iv heard its pretty common. but now that its happened to me i want to know if it would be worth getting a billet stator cover so this wont happen again?

has anyone seen how the billet stator covers hold up from being smacked with a cage?
You really shouldn't have to go to that extreme.

Did you let your bolts get loose or something? You definitely can't afford to do that with this cage.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:48 AM

jbstunts is a decent person

get use to it with that cage, im pretty sure i will be getting rid of mine
Old 04-10-2008, 08:59 AM

BISHOP PHILLIPS can only hope to improve

damn you guys are scaring me ...i have yet to damage my stators or any thing with my tyger shark... but i never did that with my si...never broke nothing but asphalt..lol.... i hope this this holds up...i have no complaints thus far....
Old 04-10-2008, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by inolen
You really shouldn't have to go to that extreme.

Did you let your bolts get loose or something? You definitely can't afford to do that with this cage.
na man i always made sure it was tight after every drop. the way i came down prob didnt help it because it was on a slant and it fell from 12 when i highsided a r/l with me pullin backwards on it.

i dont mind spending the extra cash if its going to be a definate fix otherwise il just keep going through covers.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by BISHOP PHILLIPS
damn you guys are scaring me ...i have yet to damage my stators or any thing with my tyger shark... but i never did that with my si...never broke nothing but asphalt..lol.... i hope this this holds up...i have no complaints thus far....
yeh i didnt think i would bust mine up either and iv had some pretty nasty drops with my TS but this time it must of just came down awkward. i had an si on my last f4i and never had a prob with that. hopefully a billet stator cover will stop it from happening again
Old 04-10-2008, 09:23 AM

BISHOP PHILLIPS can only hope to improve

good luck with the fix man... i see you are in australia...so it is hard to cash in on the lifetime warranty...so i guess you got to do want you can to preserve the bike and the cage...
Old 04-10-2008, 09:36 AM
Embrace the Hate

EZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to behold

I don't know what it is with tygershark but everyone I know who has one and everyone on here has broken case covers with a few exceptions....

Sorry warranty or not if my cage was breaking covers it would end up in the dumpster (unless I paid $325 for it then I'd sell it to some squid)..

The lack of a crossbar is nice but its also the cages downfall...I don't think the cage is junk but it doesn't seem up to a beginners or aggressive riders thrashing (apex excluded)

Why buy a $300++ dollar cage that does the same thing as a $100 pair of race rails??

Now your dumping $$ on aftermarket covers because you know the cage will fail again...put down the kool aid sell it and buy something up to the task.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:09 AM

JohnnyP is a decent person

First of all every cage I have ever owned eventually hits the stator cover! So dont go blaiming TS, cause they pretty much all do that when you drop them hard enough...

That being said I put a billet Woodcraft stator cover on my stuntbike before I even put a cage on it, Ive put billet covers on every bike Ive ever owned street or stunt...They are worth every penny IMO. So Im on my 4th season stunting my 03 636, and Ive been through about 6 cages and still using the same Woodcraft stator cover...If I didnt have that Woodcraft billet cover, it would be 6 cages and 6 stator covers...And alot of wasted oil and time to pull the cage off and change stator covers....

I still crash alot and 90% of the times its on the stator side and really hard, Ive had TS, MXD, Powers, and SI...And TS is still my favorite cage Ive ever had, and its actually the only cage I was able to keep in decent shape for more then one season....It made it through all of last year and Im still using it this season...

bMost important thing I find with this cage is tightening the bolts after you crash hard, because when you crash hard the aluminum spacer gets deformed and the bolts loosens up and lets the cage flex into the bike more. So remember to tighten up your **** when you crash hard....

Last edited by JohnnyP; 04-10-2008 at 10:12 AM.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:57 AM
squid hunter

Trick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to behold
my scrape works cage has never even com close to hitting the stator!!! and ezecs si has been down harder then any bike i have ever seen and it hasnt tuched eather cover!!!
tyger shark is NOT for begginers!!!! if your going down all the time and hard..... that thing is junk..... if your a good well rounded rider that crashes every so often..... that cage is sick

the only time i have seen a scrapeworks cage brake on a f4i is herb and from what i understand it was combos at the top of 2........

i am with ezec..... save your cash..... buy a race rail same ******* thing
Old 04-10-2008, 11:55 AM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Trick
my scrape works cage has never even com close to hitting the stator!!! and ezecs si has been down harder then any bike i have ever seen and it hasnt tuched eather cover!!!
tyger shark is NOT for begginers!!!! if your going down all the time and hard..... that thing is junk..... if your a good well rounded rider that crashes every so often..... that cage is sick

the only time i have seen a scrapeworks cage brake on a f4i is herb and from what i understand it was combos at the top of 2........

i am with ezec..... save your cash..... buy a race rail same ******* thing
I have a couple of videos of my girl wrecking. She's hit her bike hard 10-15 times on the same TS cage and has never broke a case cover.

Every cage fails at some point, that's the bottom line.

No case covers were harmed during the production of this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSJHRDHdu-U

Last edited by inolen; 04-10-2008 at 12:12 PM.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:17 PM
jmo

jmo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jb420
get use to it with that cage, im pretty sure i will be getting rid of mine
you know bruce will fix it up sounds like he needs to send tissue with the cages instead of a warrenty ahahahahhahahaha what up jbeeeeeezy
Old 04-10-2008, 12:44 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

I have a couple of videos of my girl wrecking. She's hit her bike hard 10-15 times on the same TS cage and has never broke a case cover.

IMO that was a mediocre drop.. Something on a bad day I'l go out and do 10 times in 30 miuntes on a SI cage..

Here is my SI cage, when my ALL THREAD WAS BROKE! Thats right, only the front 3 bolts were tight, and the all thread was haflway through the rear.. one bolt COMPLETELY MISSING!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvCO7TCIqsY

Bike was fine other then my clutch lever breaking, and my cage bending.. Took it home, bent it back with a cheater bar, bolted it back up, and now its a year later, bike still riding GREAT :YEAH

I thought tygershark cages looked stout, but I knew no cross brace would be their downfall...

Adding a cross brace would probably DOUBLE the strength of that cage..

I'll stick to custom made or SI for now, tell someone comes up with something better..

And to the people that break stator covers with SI cages.. Tigthen your ****, or bend it back! I just went out andl ooked at 2 bikes in my garage with SI, and I don't see any possible way to hit the stator cover lol
Old 04-10-2008, 12:53 PM

JohnnyP is a decent person

I hear ya but your girl is wreaking on the right side, stator is on the left bro There arent many bikes with covers sticking out far enough on the right side to break....Its all about the stator side
Old 04-10-2008, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Towlieee
IMO that was a mediocre drop.. Something on a bad day I'l go out and do 10 times in 30 miuntes on a SI cage..
It's definitely not her hardest hit, just the only one I have video of on my home computer.

She's pancaked and had the bike flip side to side like you like in your video as well.

I was a bit worried about getting the TS cage for her when I was trying to figure out what cage to get for her as I knew she'd be completely tossing the bike. But after seeing how well it's held up for her over the past few months, I definitely feel the TS cage is a great cage to learn with.

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
I hear ya but your girl is wreaking on the right side, stator is on the left bro There arent many bikes with covers sticking out far enough on the right side to break....Its all about the stator side
Doh, sortof forgot about that. Trust me, she's wrecked on every side of the bike possible - she sent it across the parking lot, up a small embankment and into a fence a couple of weekends ago Hit me back about those fairing stays!

Last edited by inolen; 04-10-2008 at 01:08 PM.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:00 PM

skinnyR! is a decent person

Have you seen Parson's scrapeworks cage on his F4i? That **** is broken, and it cracked his frame at the neck.

No thanks.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:13 PM

DECEPTICON13 is an unknown quantity at this point

the new style 636 apex two rail ts cage has a cross bar.....havent used it yet ill let ya know how it wrecks....
Old 04-10-2008, 01:21 PM
squid hunter

Trick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by skinnyR!
Have you seen Parson's scrapeworks cage on his F4i? That **** is broken, and it cracked his frame at the neck.

No thanks.
#1 that cage is almost 5 years old
#2 the cracks in his frame is from the powers cage
#3 a crack in the neck.... somthing tels me thats not from the cage
Old 04-10-2008, 02:34 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Thats cool you got a chick that stunts. Its also bad though coz you need to get away from your chick sometimes and she's gonna wanna come with you to the spot. Just like Seinfeld - she could kill independent inolen lol. Two worlds colliding is never a good thing Good **** though homie.
Old 04-10-2008, 02:45 PM

skinnyR! is a decent person

#1 that cage is almost 5 years old
#2 the cracks in his frame is from the powers cage
#3 a crack in the neck.... somthing tels me thats not from the cage
The cracks in the neck are probably from A cage. Powers or scrapeworks, i dunno. And yes, that bike has probably been through hell and back.

But any cage that braces against the middle of two spars that go up to the neck is going to bend the spar inward, eventually cracking the frame at the neck. The frame is going to be pushed towards the head, if you can visualize what I am saying. And that cage has that weird brace that goes over the head, transfering more force.

But again, I don't know the history of the bike, so.....

Just my opinion, and observations.

Keep in mind that the No name cage that I run is similiar in design, as it braces in the same area. A good cage, but not the strongest part of the frame takes the hit.

Quick Reply: tygershark and billet stator covers?