tygershark and billet stator covers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 05:04 PM
squid hunter

Trick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to behold
Re: tygershark and billet stator covers?

the cage is actuly braced against the bracket that raises the mounting point..... it dont really mater cuz scrapeworks is nomore.......... but if i were going to buy a cage it wouldnt be ts....... it would be si...... or mxd 3 point
Old 04-10-2008, 05:49 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

inolen your girl chasing the bike was

and Towlieee why did you bail it was a good hit though.

i went over the front from spreader after hitting a pothole in Atlanta in 2nd gear on the streets 45-55 the only thing that broke was a f4i front brake lever. thanks to my S.I. :YEAH
Old 04-10-2008, 06:28 PM

Greg Mcglynn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Trick
the cage is actuly braced against the bracket that raises the mounting point..... it dont really mater cuz scrapeworks is nomore.......... but if i were going to buy a cage it wouldnt be ts....... it would be si...... or mxd 3 point
You guys are crying about nothing. Parsons frame is junk.
I sold him that f4i like 3 years ago after I flipped it end over end two different times. Its been through hell and back like ten times. Its been wrecked more times than I can count.

You can't blame any cage for cracking a case cover or frame. I've cracked stators on gixxers,f4i's,900rr's and 636's. **** i've dented the **** Out of billet stator covers too.

I have had a tyger shark cage for almost a year now and its taken at least ten hard wacks to the stator cover. I just cracked my first cover with it. It dosen't matter if you have a million cross braces everywhere metal will bend if its gets hit enough times.

Tyger shark is the best cages I have ever had. It looks the best, comes on and off quick and easy, I can take my bodywork on an off with the cage on the bike, and you can't beat the lifetime warranty.

I am just gonna send my left side back and have bruce at tyger shark pull it back into place of replace it. I'll pay the shipping to him all day long.
Old 04-10-2008, 06:29 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

HECK is a decent person

I just bought an Apex Predator Tygershark cage. I had my SI for about a year and a half and never had any problems with it, all though i never actually dropped that **** once but my friend set it over doing a burnout.

I'll prolly be ok with the TS I'm thinking.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:22 PM

gixxerkohl is a decent person

weli fyi i teaked my si cage and cant get the motor mount bolt in on the right side now ohh wellll still im all for si :YEAH
Old 04-10-2008, 08:16 PM

kntmare181 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dammm i thought TS and SI were the ****!
i didnt know you guys were still cracking covers....
I read a post where TS added a cross brace to someones cage.
Anyone heard this? Maybe their updated design?
Old 04-10-2008, 11:15 PM

Dstunts is an unknown quantity at this point

i think after reading wat u guys have to say about all cages cracking covers il just get the billet cover and find out for myself if its worth it. it cost me $530 to get the tygershark shipped here to aus so im definatly not just going to bin it after one cracked cover.

thanks for the all info!
Old 04-11-2008, 12:05 AM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kntmare181
Dammm i thought TS and SI were the ****!
i didnt know you guys were still cracking covers....
I read a post where TS added a cross brace to someones cage.
Anyone heard this? Maybe their updated design?
where did you read that ANYONE w/ a SI cage cracked a case cover??

Oh yea... you didn't.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:18 AM

BISHOP PHILLIPS can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by Dstunts
i think after reading wat u guys have to say about all cages cracking covers il just get the billet cover and find out for myself if its worth it. it cost me $530 to get the tygershark shipped here to aus so im definatly not just going to bin it after one cracked cover.

thanks for the all info!
i am gonna get one also buddy... after reading the thread.. i just want some extra protection even though it has lifetime warranty...i hate sending stuff back... so i feel that prevention is the measure at this point...so i am going back to my si cage for awhile and then get a billet stator cover... i got to much money invested in my tyger shark...and i like it... but i dont even want to bust a stator cover... i just ordered a billet stator for my bike thanks to this thread... and when i get it i will go back to the tyger shark... and sell my mint stator to recoupe some money for the pimp billet one... i also ordered extra washers... 5 sets just to make sure the are fresh after hard crashes... damn this cage is more high maintenance then my exotic car... ... i still like it...thanks for all the great info...and putting up this thread fellas
Old 04-11-2008, 12:45 AM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

i know there making there cage with a bar that joins the two so this doesnt happin saw it on Apex's bike last weekend
Old 04-11-2008, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by Scott-
i know there making there cage with a bar that joins the two so this doesnt happin saw it on Apex's bike last weekend
i wish i would have waited to order... then cause i just got mine...like 3 weeks ago...
Old 04-11-2008, 02:07 AM
Squid Standers. Get Owned

CRA$H AZ is a decent person

Originally Posted by BISHOP PHILLIPS
i wish i would have waited to order... then cause i just got mine...like 3 weeks ago...
bishop i wanna see pics of your bike
Old 04-11-2008, 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by CRA$H AZ
bishop i wanna see pics of your bike
here is what it looked like before it went to the shop last week to get all the new goodies but on and a killer paint job...i am posting up pics when i get it back... also
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	zx6r stasis sprocket.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	208342   Click image for larger version

Name:	zx6r stasis sprocket6.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	208343   Click image for larger version

Name:	zx6r stasis sprocket2.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	208344   Click image for larger version

Name:	zx6r stasis sprocket3.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	208345   Click image for larger version

Name:	zx6r stasis sprocket4.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	208346  

Click image for larger version

Name:	zx6r stasis sprocket7.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	208347   Click image for larger version

Name:	zx 6r top triple.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	208348  
Old 04-11-2008, 03:12 AM

jbstunts is a decent person

Originally Posted by jmo
you know bruce will fix it up sounds like he needs to send tissue with the cages instead of a warrenty ahahahahhahahaha what up jbeeeeeezy
i know he will, just statin my opinion, i think a different cage might work a little better for me. its my fault too i forget to tighten bolts and watup with u, i think if u saw my blowup when i broke another stator youd say i needed valium i would send in my cage but i gotta ride u know and i def hate ridin without a cage.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:40 AM

JohnnyP is a decent person

Originally Posted by Greg Mcglynn
You guys are crying about nothing. Parsons frame is junk.
I sold him that f4i like 3 years ago after I flipped it end over end two different times. Its been through hell and back like ten times. Its been wrecked more times than I can count.

You can't blame any cage for cracking a case cover or frame. I've cracked stators on gixxers,f4i's,900rr's and 636's. **** i've dented the **** Out of billet stator covers too.

I have had a tyger shark cage for almost a year now and its taken at least ten hard wacks to the stator cover. I just cracked my first cover with it. It dosen't matter if you have a million cross braces everywhere metal will bend if its gets hit enough times.

Tyger shark is the best cages I have ever had. It looks the best, comes on and off quick and easy, I can take my bodywork on an off with the cage on the bike, and you can't beat the lifetime warranty.

I am just gonna send my left side back and have bruce at tyger shark pull it back into place of replace it. I'll pay the shipping to him all day long.

Looks like you and me are on the same page here
Old 04-11-2008, 08:45 AM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Looks like you and me are on the same page here
Your PMs are full, wanna clear some out?
Old 04-11-2008, 09:41 AM

punishmentcycle is a decent person

run what you brung....wtftygershark is the ****! after seeing Greg i was sold.lol...sorry greg! i love my cj-3 i can lean the bike all the way to the ground...it doesn't roll onto the bars, it's light,it looks pimp, it's spring loaded,etc....everything will bend if it takes a weird hit...even SI....as far as the scrape works goes look at Larsons cage or parsons....or vinny's....trick you dont even ride that thing girly man!
Old 04-11-2008, 09:55 AM
Embrace the Hate

EZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to behold

Oh snap! Calling patrick out

Hey dakota I saw some of your pics from wallingford...looking good man..I'm still waiting for my tail to get in the booth and shoot some paint...hopefully next week...its killing me not riding.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:27 AM
squid hunter

Trick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by punishmentcycle
run what you brung....wtftygershark is the ****! after seeing Greg i was sold.lol...sorry greg! i love my cj-3 i can lean the bike all the way to the ground...it doesn't roll onto the bars, it's light,it looks pimp, it's spring loaded,etc....everything will bend if it takes a weird hit...even SI....as far as the scrape works goes look at Larsons cage or parsons....or vinny's....trick you dont even ride that thing girly man!
hey when you can go to a spot and not attract the cops give me a call......
and as for that garbage cage...... you must be stoned to think for 1 second that a tyger shark cage is beter then a si cage or sw cage????

dont be mad cuz i paid less for my sw subrame and si subcage then yuo did for that over priced race rail...... vinny is a mutant..... parsons cage is 4 years old..... i dont know **** about big mike..... but i have seen mine smash againts the ground and the only thing i have ever broke with that cage is a shifter.....
anyway your a squid and kandra says hi
Old 04-11-2008, 11:05 AM

Herb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EZEC
Oh snap! Calling patrick out

Hey dakota I saw some of your pics from wallingford...looking good man..I'm still waiting for my tail to get in the booth and shoot some paint...hopefully next week...its killing me not riding.
"Oh and my bike was stripped down a month ago...I'll be out next weekend..."
I will see you in a month.. fruit.

Quick Reply: tygershark and billet stator covers?