06 636 idling erratic and not pulling hard

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 12:36 AM

jbstunts is a decent person
06 636 idling erratic and not pulling hard

it is idling erratic, and after you tug it down with the handbrake it does not want to pull back up to where it was any ideas or suggestions?
Old 04-08-2008, 12:36 AM
I JUST WANNA RIDE

BOYD is a decent person
Re: 06 636 idling erratic and not pulling hard

vacume line
Old 04-08-2008, 12:43 AM

i looked all over but ill triple check in the mornin
Old 04-08-2008, 12:44 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

have you changed anything or done any maintenance right before this started happening?
Old 04-08-2008, 12:45 AM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BOYD
vacume line
bingo....
Old 04-08-2008, 12:48 AM
I JUST WANNA RIDE

BOYD is a decent person

mine was idling irratic for two months till saturday, wouldnt pull back to idle once brake applied, i had overlooked a vacume line , popped the airbox off, found the line came off, tightend down the throttle boddies , cleaned my plugs, and wallah ...... shes a beast again
Old 04-08-2008, 01:06 AM

Bubash is an unknown quantity at this point

What about the 05 06? I wouldnt worry its probaly just your choppy throttle hand
Old 04-08-2008, 01:17 AM
I JUST WANNA RIDE

BOYD is a decent person

u could also do the Bubash Mod, make it look like a r6 and it will never have this problem again!
Old 04-08-2008, 02:32 AM

ToKwik is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, I'll chime in here...

If you have already checked the vacuum lines, then I can tell you what we found on an 03 636. Now I am not familiar with the later models, but this is what we did.

On the top of the valve cover are two ports that you have probably linked together for the clean air modification. There are two allen bolts holding each of these covers on. Remove the bolts and underneath you will find the reed valves. These are very critical to low end torque.

Simply remove these reed valves and clean off with brake cleaner until they are all nice and clean again.

I won't go into the details, but it is essentially part of the PCV system for motorcycles.

Reinstall and let us know. I myself am curious if this is a common problem.
Old 04-08-2008, 04:44 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

spark plugs ?
Old 04-08-2008, 05:05 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by old man roger
spark plugs ?
lol reminds me of this

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OY_3h7...eature=related

prob one of my most fav prank calls ever
Old 04-08-2008, 05:26 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
lol reminds me of this

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OY_3h7...eature=related

prob one of my most fav prank calls ever
Old 04-08-2008, 09:34 AM
Call the Coast Guard!

LRMzx636 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ToKwik

If you have already checked the vacuum lines, then I can tell you what we found on an 03 636. Now I am not familiar with the later models, but this is what we did.

On the top of the valve cover are two ports that you have probably linked together for the clean air modification. There are two allen bolts holding each of these covers on. Remove the bolts and underneath you will find the reed valves. These are very critical to low end torque.

Simply remove these reed valves and clean off with brake cleaner until they are all nice and clean again.

I won't go into the details, but it is essentially part of the PCV system for motorcycles.

Do it... this solution is 3 months in the making... and 3 motors down... its essentially a vacuum issue... just not visible...
Old 04-08-2008, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Bubash
What about the 05 06? I wouldnt worry its probaly just your choppy throttle hand
i worked on that too but seriously its runnin like ****
Old 04-08-2008, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by ToKwik

ill give this a try when i get off of work tonight thnx
Old 04-08-2008, 10:13 AM

JohnR is an unknown quantity at this point

vacume line
+1 same **** just happened on the f4i
Old 04-08-2008, 10:53 AM

John LegionST is a decent person

mine was idling irratic for two months till saturday, wouldnt pull back to idle once brake applied, i had overlooked a vacume line , popped the airbox off, found the line came off, tightend down the throttle boddies , cleaned my plugs, and wallah ...... shes a beast again
you're welcome fooool! glad to hear she's running right again
Old 04-08-2008, 11:24 AM
I JUST WANNA RIDE

BOYD is a decent person

[quote=John LegionST;3237090]you're welcome fooool! glad to hear she's running right again[/quote

always thankful for the great and wise, now whose ganna be ur first sposnered stunna for COOLAID?
Old 04-08-2008, 10:54 PM

[QUOTE=BOYD;3237115]
Originally Posted by John LegionST
you're welcome fooool! glad to hear she's running right again[/quote

always thankful for the great and wise, now whose ganna be ur first sposnered stunna for COOLAID?
alright, found a vacuum line i overlooked, it was the one that plugs into the sensor mounted in front of the throttle bodies, the line that connects to all the vacuum ports on the front of the throttle bodies. my question is there is a identical sensor right beside it that has no vacuum line going to it. but it looks like it should get a hose and is plugged in to the harness. does anyone know if anything actually goes to it oh yeah it is idling right now
Old 04-08-2008, 11:02 PM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute

if it works dont **** with it

Quick Reply: 06 636 idling erratic and not pulling hard