Careless driving ticket... suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 01:12 AM

chpsk8er630 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Careless driving ticket... suggestions

didnt know anything about any defensive driving course or anything like that in pa but there might be. I'm just hoping I get a nice judge that will offer to drop points cause I got nothing else on my record.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:17 AM

Shake is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chpsk8er630
didnt know anything about any defensive driving course or anything like that in pa but there might be. I'm just hoping I get a nice judge that will offer to drop points cause I got nothing else on my record.
yow u not getting it, its not about the points or the money its about getting that first conviction. but im done trying to convince you. do what u want.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:34 AM

Nasty_Bitch is a decent person

One thing that might help in the future is to get one of those secret blue line stickers at http://thegeorgiaspeedingticketkille..._blue_line.php

And put it on the back of your helmet so the po-po can see it. That could help you avoid getting a ticket in the first place if you look like you're one of the 'ol boys.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:36 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Nasty_Bitch
One thing that might help in the future is to get one of those secret blue line stickers at http://thegeorgiaspeedingticketkille..._blue_line.php

And put it on the back of your helmet so the po-po can see it. That could help you avoid getting a ticket in the first place if you look like you're one of the 'ol boys.
thats nice if youre a resident of ga
Old 04-04-2008, 01:39 AM

Nasty_Bitch is a decent person

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
thats nice if youre a resident of ga
Actually this is nationwide. I saw some in Florida and Alabama.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:36 AM

lee majors is an unknown quantity at this point

if u do get any points just go take a defenseive driving course. its like 6 hours on a saturday of listening to some dick lecture and watch some vids. then it reduces your insurance by 15% and removes up to 4 points off your license. atleast thats how it works in ny.

+1

but still get a lawyer or they'll prob nail you to the wall. if you can't afford a lawyer and\or want to try to take care of it yourself, i suggest this. go to your court date and when the judge calls your case, tell him you would like a supporting depostion. simply put, a depostion is a written statement by the cop telling all that happened. the court date will be rescheduled and if the cop doesn't produce the deposition by the next court date, usually the case is dismissed. i got out of a couple tickets this way. good luck!
Old 04-04-2008, 08:50 AM

*BeNnEtT* is a decent person

There is a class in pa, My girl has a lead foot and she had to take it. She was bout to lose her license due to so many speeding tickets and she took the course and they took some points away. What insurance company do you have?
Old 04-04-2008, 08:54 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lee majors
+1

but still get a lawyer or they'll prob nail you to the wall. if you can't afford a lawyer and\or want to try to take care of it yourself, i suggest this. go to your court date and when the judge calls your case, tell him you would like a supporting depostion. simply put, a depostion is a written statement by the cop telling all that happened. the court date will be rescheduled and if the cop doesn't produce the deposition by the next court date, usually the case is dismissed. i got out of a couple tickets this way. good luck!
you repeated my previous post nearly to the word.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:57 AM

samurai87 is a decent person

Originally Posted by shotta
sdfkillz,
i see ur location says baltimore & ny. im assuming u mean the burrows. in the cities as i said with traffic and all the blocks, you can wiggle your way out if your a descent enough rider. ive done it enough times myself on 600's also. but the rest of the country isnt really setup like that. the highway aint no joke. I once got chased from exit 22 on the southern state, and i couldnt shake them until i jumped off the belt at merrick in queens, and i was on my duc 998 doing it. So it may sound cool but the reality of it is different. i ran because i just picked my **** back up from the dealer who was selling it for me, expired tags, no regi, no insurance, speeding, and my liscence was suspended, so i had no choice on that one, cuz it was straight to central booking if i stopped, and that was a friday evening. meaning it would of been a wrap until monday. + the charges/ tickets, impounding and all that, so its a last resort thing. I wouldnt run to get out of a bs ticket which is only going to cost a few dollars.

DON'T PAY THAT TICKET!!! Its ur first one it will **** u up from here on out. do everything to beat it. once they get u the first time, its over after that, everytime you have to go to court after this they will look at that 1 thing and assume ur guilty! works the same way with crime that why they try to arrest kids as young as possible no matter how petty it is so by the time their 16-17 they already got a long list of bs that it just looks bad. FIGHT IT!
Idk about you guys but in chicago its easy as ****. I have never had a fast bike, I have run both stock and with a 60t on the highway, the key is blasting for a 90 secs and ducking off a ramp.....idk I've been chased downtown chicago and on the expressway heading into the city....Got chased one time from wisc back into IL....I dont like it, but I'm just saying, 600/1000 has nothing to do with it stock gearing/ 60t...its all in how you do it and you gotta be a good rider!!! otherwise you end up on the news as the ******* that crashed into the back of a car running from the cops hahaha
Old 04-04-2008, 09:05 AM

you repeated my previous post nearly to the word.

WOW! and i didn't even read your post

guess were just on the same wave length or somethin, if that's the case you should be worried
Old 04-04-2008, 09:16 AM

chpsk8er630 is an unknown quantity at this point

+1

Ill try it and see how it goes. Got a question though, If the cop shows up, then whats the need for a supporting deposition if he is there to just say what happened?
Old 04-04-2008, 09:21 AM

Ill try it and see how it goes. Got a question though, If the cop shows up, then whats the need for a supporting deposition if he is there to just say what happened?

he can't just state what happened, he has to put it in written form. this is were red tape can be your friend.

but, you are taking a chance, cause if the cop produces the depostion to the court, then the case will go ahead. my two cents, if its only 3 measley points, try the way me and sdf said and if you get convicted, just take the (6 hr)defensive driving course(points dropped).

ps. go to court lookin your best and usin a lot of "yes sir's" when talkin to the judge don't hurt either. remember, the judge has final say here and anything you can do to get him\her on your side helps. if your lucky the judge will have a hard on for the cop that pulled you over. remember, judges actually hate cops, dont know why(shrug), but its true.

edit: you might wanna use "your honor" instead of "sir" when talkin to the judge.

Last edited by lee majors; 04-04-2008 at 09:43 AM.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:10 AM

Knoxvillan is a decent person

Hey Guys, Brand new to stunt life. popping my cherry on this thread, I've been thru this one before. In Tennessee, being that you have no previous record, You can get a judicial diversion, it's a form of probation for first time offenders. If you don't brain **** within the 3 to 10 months of the probation they totally expunge the offense. Put on your shirt, tie, slacks, and sorry face on and plead your case to th D.A. mke sure to check and see if judicial diversion is available where you are though. You probably won't need a lawyer, but they are great for piece of mind, fnes probably cost about $300 (worst case), just tell the D.a or judge, you are new to being in trouble, worried about your record, and made a mistake. They will more than likely plead you down to traffic school, or a probation of some sort. Not that it's easy, but i wouldn't get too caught up in it. It's not really a big deal. I got caught riding a wheelie in downtown Knoxville and got probation from a reckless driving charge under the same circumstances with no record.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:29 AM

EnderWiggin is an unknown quantity at this point

he can't just state what happened, he has to put it in written form. this is were red tape can be your friend.

but, you are taking a chance, cause if the cop produces the depostion to the court, then the case will go ahead. my two cents, if its only 3 measley points, try the way me and sdf said and if you get convicted, just take the (6 hr)defensive driving course(points dropped).

ps. go to court lookin your best and usin a lot of "yes sir's" when talkin to the judge don't hurt either. remember, the judge has final say here and anything you can do to get him\her on your side helps. if your lucky the judge will have a hard on for the cop that pulled you over. remember, judges actually hate cops, dont know why(shrug), but its true.

edit: you might wanna use "your honor" instead of "sir" when talkin to the judge.
I'm a cj major and my professors are all retired cops and they said generally the court system+correctional system that means prison and jails are like gay lovers with the judges and cops are the third wheel :-/

When you go to court act as if the judge is God, because I've also heard most of them have that air of attitude surrounding them.

And btw yes I believe it is illegal to listen to an ipod because the excuse is "You can't hear emergency vehicles"
Old 04-04-2008, 10:47 AM

tornota is a decent person

not that i recomend anyone run but, burning a cop on a 600 is just as easy on any other bike. the best way of running is not high speed, its quick acceleration hard on the brakes turn , hard accerl, etc. ive smoked cops on everyone of my 600s, stock geared and geared. i dont think ive ever broken 80mph in a chase. cop cars take almost 13 seconds to get to 60 mph where a 600cc is 3 seconds, it aint that hard. aaaaaaaaaaaanyway.... when you go to court, the judge will ask you if u want a lawyer, tell him not at this time and request a supportin deposition. which is basicly an explanation from the officer of what happend. they have 30 days in which to respond in writing to the request, most of the time they dont. and when they dont, by the statute you can make a motion to dismiss based on violation of your rights to a speedy trial. if the DA happens to want to push it (which they wont) u can make a motion to dismiss based on withholdint evidence, because thats what the cops statement is. if they do show up with a supporting deposition, read it carefully for any discrpenacies that would get the case thrown out. schedule for a trial and hope the cop doesnt show, which happens quite often. and if they dont show you will then make a motion to dismiss based on the prosecution not being prepared for trial. yes this **** works, i beat 3 tickets this year alone with these angles, and countless tickets over the years.
Hey, I've used these a few times myself!! Also, I don't know about your state but other states I've been in if the ticket isn't completely filled out with time and date and other pertinent information, it can sometimes be dropped. Also, I'd ask to see a radar readout proving speed or in car video proving speed, you can get it dropped if he doesn't have these or if the cop just doesn't show up with proof. If he does have radar or in car, request to see the calibration date, data and ask for a recalibration of the radar gun or car speedo read out on video. Trust me, that one works like a champ as most radar guns are off and have past due dates because of turnaround time to send it to the laboratory (a little something I learned from my buddies that do the calibration).

Good luck!
Old 04-04-2008, 10:50 AM

tornota is a decent person

Originally Posted by Knoxvillan
Hey Guys, Brand new to stunt life. popping my cherry on this thread, I've been thru this one before. In Tennessee, being that you have no previous record, You can get a judicial diversion, it's a form of probation for first time offenders. If you don't brain **** within the 3 to 10 months of the probation they totally expunge the offense. Put on your shirt, tie, slacks, and sorry face on and plead your case to th D.A. mke sure to check and see if judicial diversion is available where you are though. You probably won't need a lawyer, but they are great for piece of mind, fnes probably cost about $300 (worst case), just tell the D.a or judge, you are new to being in trouble, worried about your record, and made a mistake. They will more than likely plead you down to traffic school, or a probation of some sort. Not that it's easy, but i wouldn't get too caught up in it. It's not really a big deal. I got caught riding a wheelie in downtown Knoxville and got probation from a reckless driving charge under the same circumstances with no record.
I've used the traffic school by going this route and the cop actually showed up to court. Still got it dropped after six months by returning to court with proof of attendance and no more violations!
Old 04-04-2008, 11:10 AM

omenR1F4I is a decent person

I can tell you what I always do to get out of tickets it has worked every time for me. I always schedule a meeting with the traffic Distric Attorney and talk to him and ask him if he would drop the my ticket down to a "non moving violation." Which means you dont have the ticket going on your insurance and you dont get ant points but you do have to pay the full price of the ticket. Like they said earlier dress nice and speak like an educated person "yes sir, no sir".

But the trick is not to wait to long to take care of the ticket because if you wait to long then you have to go to the judge and pled your case to them which never works for me.
Old 04-04-2008, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by omenR1F4I
I can tell you what I always do to get out of tickets it has worked every time for me. I always schedule a meeting with the traffic Distric Attorney and talk to him and ask him if he would drop the my ticket down to a "non moving violation." Which means you dont have the ticket going on your insurance and you dont get ant points but you do have to pay the full price of the ticket. Like they said earlier dress nice and speak like an educated person "yes sir, no sir".

But the trick is not to wait to long to take care of the ticket because if you wait to long then you have to go to the judge and pled your case to them which never works for me.
i used to be the same around here, just write a nice letter to the d.a. and dropped, not any more though, in my area so many people were buggin the d.a. that he/she won't even accept the sorry plea's for help anymore.
Old 04-04-2008, 11:32 AM

havok is an unknown quantity at this point

i got a reckless for a 10ft wheelie at about 5mph and i get to go to court on wed:YEAH:bangh ead
Old 04-04-2008, 11:43 AM

jixxerjosh is a decent person

yeah i got a reckless driving also the cop followed me while i was doing a wheelie then i put it down and was cutting through some cars and stopped at a red light and there he was he said he was behind me the whole time no idea

Quick Reply: Careless driving ticket... suggestions