Will an 07' gsxr 600 exhaust fit on an f4i ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 10:35 PM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point
Will an 07' gsxr 600 exhaust fit on an f4i ?

It will w/ a couple careful cuts and tweaks :YEAH

Name:  0403081550b.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  62.7 KB

Name:  jpeg_reencoded-1.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  103.6 KB

Name:  jpeg_reencoded-3.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  96.5 KB

Name:  jpeg_reencoded2-2.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  110.7 KB

I've just gotta bend the hanger bracket and get it mounted to the heel guard bolts.

Tried it out tonight... sounds sweeeeeeeet :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH
Old 04-03-2008, 10:39 PM

GORBO is a decent person
Re: Will an 07' gsxr 600 exhaust fit on an f4i ?

how is, low end, pull on idle, what did you have to tweak, huh, huh, huh???

Looks Pimp
Old 04-03-2008, 10:43 PM
kj

Originally Posted by G*O*R
how is, low end, pull on idle, what did you have to tweak, huh, huh, huh???

Looks Pimp

Low end is same as my old 2bros and Jardine shorty....

I had to cut a couple inches off the connector pipe that comes w/ the slip-on...

It's just a lil stainless elbow about 6in long... ya gotta cut it down to about 3" (or what ever works for you) then clamp it up.

I just eyeballed it and shoved it on there..... Funny feeling you get cutting into a brand new $475 micron
Old 04-03-2008, 10:44 PM
kj

And it does NOT touch the ground when you crash...
Old 04-03-2008, 10:47 PM

havok is an unknown quantity at this point

hahaha thats ******* awesome:YEAH
yer always coming up with somthing
Old 04-03-2008, 10:49 PM

BISHOP PHILLIPS can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by kj

I had to cut a couple inches off the connector pipe that comes w/ the slip-on...

It's just a lil stainless elbow about 6in long... ya gotta cut it down to about 3" (or what ever works for you) then clamp it up.

I just eyeballed it and shoved it on there..... Funny feeling you get cutting into a brand new $475 micron
nice... i guess i am not the only person to do that micron mod... it sounds sick... i put mine on a 08 zx6r... just to look a little different and make room for a round bar... but i used a 07 r6 micron gp exhaust cause it is about 5 inches shorter then the gsxr... i had the exhaust hanger tab cut and re welded do i could mount the exhaunt to the bolt on the back of the rearset just like a 07 r6... ***** pimp... i never took pictures yet but i will if it will help out
Old 04-03-2008, 10:51 PM
Yut-ugh.

nickalltogether is a decent person

damn that **** looks ballerific.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:54 PM
kj

Originally Posted by BISHOP PHILLIPS
nice... i guess i am not the only person to do that micron mod... it sounds sick... i put mine on a 08 zx6r... just to look a little different and make room for a round bar... but i used a 07 r6 micron gp exhaust cause it is about 5 inches shorter then the gsxr... i had the exhaust hanger tab cut and re welded do i could mount the exhaunt to the bolt on the back of the rearset just like a 07 r6... ***** pimp... i never took pictures yet but i will if it will help out
No ****? I was wondering if I should cut the hanger tab and get it welded but I didn't want to **** up the nice pretty can just yet...

Those hydro-formed micron gp's are sooooo ******* sweet looking... I saw one real quick on a gsxr1000 and remembered someone put a stock 1000 can on an f4i.... I figured **** IT!! I'll buy one and make it work!!

And it worked rather easy I must say.... bout 15min worth of cutting and fitting and it was done.

It's kind nice having a different looking exhaust pipe on the old f4ugly.... now I can show off my fancy wavy rotor
Old 04-03-2008, 10:56 PM
kj

Originally Posted by havok
hahaha thats ******* awesome:YEAH
yer always coming up with somthing

what would you guys do w/out me?

Old 04-03-2008, 10:58 PM

GORBO is a decent person

Originally Posted by kj

thats definatley pimp **** right there, bike looks good too,I love the stock looking sleeper stunt bike
Old 04-03-2008, 11:01 PM
Yut-ugh.

Is that a sweet socket in the rear-mount of your cage?
Old 04-03-2008, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by kj
No ****? I was wondering if I should cut the hanger tab and get it welded but I didn't want to **** up the nice pretty can just yet...

Those hydro-formed micron gp's are sooooo ******* sweet looking... I saw one real quick on a gsxr1000 and remembered someone put a stock 1000 can on an f4i.... I figured **** IT!! I'll buy one and make it work!!

And it worked rather easy I must say.... bout 15min worth of cutting and fitting and it was done.

It's kind nice having a different looking exhaust pipe on the old f4ugly.... now I can show off my fancy wavy rotor
hell yeah buddy... you are like me you think outside the box and make **** work... that is what custom is all about... i cut the tab and grinded the cut down to nothing... then had it re welded...then i powder coated the whole exhaust system red to match the bike... it looks like it was ment to be that way the whole time... but the mod is really sweet...and it does look way better then a shorty can... i had the pimp *** under tail... but i wanted my bike to be like no other 08 zx6r around... i think the only person that will be able to top mine once its all painted and stickered out is kanes..his **** is sweet.... i have a cooler sponsor though... trojan magnums/and stasis of coarse... its gonna be hot rocking the lot and streets with a trojan magnum bike ... i wish i got paid as much as kane for riding a bike...lol... but he does comps...and i only show ride so...he is worth the money...
Old 04-03-2008, 11:04 PM
kj

Originally Posted by nickalltogether
Is that a sweet socket in the rear-mount of your cage?

ya know how many times I've smacked that ****** thing every which way tryin to get it out!!

that **** isn't coming off till I take the cage off.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:06 PM
Yut-ugh.

I lost one in my SI cage too but when I took it off I got it back... I guess when I reinstall the new SI cage I'll lose it again.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by nickalltogether
I lost one in my SI cage too but when I took it off I got it back... I guess when I reinstall the new SI cage I'll lose it again.
same thing use to happen to me...so i went and bought a extra socket and ground down the outside of the socket just a tad...and it never stuck again... it took about 10 minutes on a grinding wheel...and the socket was only like 3 bucks
Old 04-03-2008, 11:22 PM
kj

nice... i guess i am not the only person to do that micron mod... it sounds sick...

You ain't shittin... micron has always had a very distintive sound... nice low growl on idle w/ a howling scream up top.

Not a great pipe for night time lot sessions, but this is my street/daytime/show killer :YEAH Did a couple ss rev limit coasters tonight and holy **** it makes your brain itchy if your close enough.

Take some pics man... my mind is working here thinking about what you did... I wanna see!! I wanna see!!!
Old 04-03-2008, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by kj
You ain't shittin... micron has always had a very distintive sound... nice low growl on idle w/ a howling scream up top.

Not a great pipe for night time lot sessions, but this is my street/daytime/show killer :YEAH Did a couple ss rev limit coasters tonight and holy **** it makes your brain itchy if your close enough.

Take some pics man... my mind is working here thinking about what you did... I wanna see!! I wanna see!!!
got you bro... i will take a pic when i go up to the shop with my iphone... it is getting painted and the frame/subframe is getting reinforced ... so it can be ready for myrtle beach bike week... if you come down we will be at redline powersports where britton and his boyz will be at ... i got a booth out there and both my wheelie machines... you also hit it on the head bro ...the exhaust sounds awesome low..and like a gp bike in high revs... it gives me chills also... but like you said at night at the lot it blows.... but we got a spot were we pay 30 bucks a month a piece and get 24 hr access.... no residential around.

Last edited by BISHOP PHILLIPS; 04-03-2008 at 11:54 PM.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:41 PM

joey1 is infamous around these partsjoey1 is infamous around these partsjoey1 is infamous around these partsjoey1 is infamous around these partsjoey1 is infamous around these partsjoey1 is infamous around these parts

is that a 1000rr front end and a 600rr rear wheel? if so do the f4i bearings fit right in the rear rim? looks sick!
Old 04-03-2008, 11:52 PM
kj

got you bro... i will take a bike when i go up to the shop with my iphone... it is getting painted and the frame/subframe is getting reinforced ... so it can be ready for myrtle beach bike week... if you come down we will be at redline powersports where britton and his boyz will be at ... i got a booth out there and both my wheelie machines... you also hit it on the head bro ...the exhaust sounds awesome low..and like a gp bike in high revs... it gives me chills also... but like you said at night at the lot it blows.... but we got a spot were we pay 30 bucks a month a piece and get 24 hr access.... no residential around.
nice...

Originally Posted by joey1
is that a 1000rr front end and a 600rr rear wheel? if so do the f4i bearings fit right in the rear rim? looks sick!
Yup... but you need to use one odd-ball bearing on the sprocket side (i think)... I forgot the number of it right now, but it all fits up pretty good except for one thing....

You need to take the washer that goes behind the axle nut and stack 2 of them on the INSIDE of the caliper bracket, between the bracket and the wheel spacer. **on edit: Sorry it's been a while and my memory is foggy.

The odd bearing you use is a **** hair (1 or 2mm) THICKER than stock.... and the f4i spacer on the brake side is a lil narrower than the stock 600rr... so the washers off set the difference and let the calipers/pads line up correctly.

It's pretty easy.... and again, looks a lil better than the stock f4ugly!

Last edited by kj; 04-03-2008 at 11:59 PM.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:52 PM

here is the first exhaust i had... but it was loud as all get out... that thing sounded like a nascar of indy car or some ****... it was super loud and ear ringing... so i sold it and got the micron... here is a pic on how it mounts to the foot peg... i forgot to mention i ordered a broken rearset off a 07 r6 on ebay...and cut of the exhaust mounting tag and had it welded to my wood craft rearsets... but here is a pic to give you a idea of the mounting points off a r6
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	r6 exhaust.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	208029  

Quick Reply: Will an 07' gsxr 600 exhaust fit on an f4i ?