handbreak

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 01:56 AM

Crash Nash is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: handbreak

Originally Posted by E.T.stuntz
its not hate by no means ,I like tha guy.I just want him 2 atleast try 2 stunt that f4ez .and not give people advice when he hasn't even figured out how to go slow on 1wheel .....does anybody feel me?

and hell yea hohey **** is tha bomb!!!
I am in no means giving anybody advice in this tread on how to ride. I simply was trying to explain and push a product that I know everything about since I see them being made and know what research and such goes into making these products. They guy said he wanted the four piston for his bike, but that product has not been made yet. and I told him that if you are just starting stunting the four piston is prob not your best bet because it has alot of stopping power. This is a proven and true fact, not my advice or intelect.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:14 AM

Afflicted is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by o0kawi_boi0o
did some researching and if i got with the hohey i need a master and lever which will cost more than the fti handbrake so i think im going to go with the fti one
do what you want but thats not true, it will only cost a little less

you need a master, brembo 16x18 around 220
hohey bracket with brakeline around 200

so thats 220 give or take a couple dollars plus you just pick up a used rear caliper off ebay so around just upwards of 450

and the FTI one is what, just upwards of 400? so you are not saving much, but hell i just like dual calipers so do whatever
Old 04-02-2008, 01:06 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

hohey = $250 with line

Radial master off r1 or 1000rr = $60-$120 (I got TWO radials for $120)

FTI setup = $400

dual caliper IMO is cheaper.. Unless you go with an expensive *** master..

But with dual caliper, do you NEED an expensive master?
Old 04-02-2008, 01:10 PM

Afflicted is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Towlieee
hohey = $250 with line

FTI setup = $400

for the 636 its only 205 for bracket and line lol

and no you dont need an expensive master especially for a beg. who runs a high chance at breaking it anyways, just get something cheap as long as its a radial, but alot of people run non-radial soooo.....

only advantage i see of getting the FTI one is that its universal to all bikes, but theres always ebay or the classified section when you get a new bike and just part out the old stuff
Old 04-02-2008, 08:26 PM

o0kawi_boi0o is an unknown quantity at this point

i figured the dual caliper would be to much stopping power for a beginer. josh clem is gonna sell me a 13mm magura with resivor and banjo for about $280.....
Old 04-03-2008, 03:10 AM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Afflicted
do what you want but thats not true, it will only cost a little less

you need a master, brembo 16x18 around 220
hohey bracket with brakeline around 200

so thats 220 give or take a couple dollars plus you just pick up a used rear caliper off ebay so around just upwards of 450

and the FTI one is what, just upwards of 400? so you are not saving much, but hell i just like dual calipers so do whatever

agree but you dont need a $220 brembo, buy a 06-07 R1 master cylinder on ebay $100 tops are they are made by brembo anyway but levers are cheaper

Originally Posted by Towlieee
hohey = $250 with line

FTI setup = $400

+1 no need 4 the high dolla master with a hohey bracket and damn Towlieee 2 radials for $120, now thats a deal what kind were they?

i figured the dual caliper would be to much stopping power for a beginer. josh clem is gonna sell me a 13mm magura with resivor and banjo for about $280.....

$280 and once you buy this wut you gonna do with it? you still need everything else!
Old 04-03-2008, 03:22 AM

$280 and once you buy this wut you gonna do with it? you still need everything else![/QUOTE]

i thought it hooked to the rear brake master that was to the footbrake already.....
Old 04-03-2008, 03:47 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

$280 and once you buy this wut you gonna do with it? you still need everything else!
i thought it hooked to the rear brake master that was to the footbrake already.....[/QUOTE]

ask him if he's including a line and adapter....
Old 04-03-2008, 02:59 PM

shky4 will become famous soon enough

i figured the dual caliper would be to much stopping power for a beginer.
It's not to much power, just more power than the other setups which means your fingers work less. Just like swaping a stock clutch to an easy pull.

The only riders I've seen affected negatively, are the ones who are really used to the other setups, but most of them seem to like it after a couple of sessions getting used to it

Originally Posted by Crash Nash
if you are just starting stunting the four piston is prob not your best bet because it has alot of stopping power.
Stop telling people that it's not for beginners because it isn't true. If anything it is better for beginners
Old 04-03-2008, 03:05 PM

Guru is a decent person

I am in no means giving anybody advice in this tread on how to ride. I simply was trying to explain and push a product that I know everything about since I see them being made and know what research and such goes into making these products. They guy said he wanted the four piston for his bike, but that product has not been made yet. and I told him that if you are just starting stunting the four piston is prob not your best bet because it has alot of stopping power. This is a proven and true fact, not my advice or intelect.
how the hell is it a proven fact that if you are starting out you need less power in your hb

thats ******* stupid!!! if anything you need more..... and the pros need less!!! thats why i have the 4 piston cause im a squid!!!

but nash you need to get off of SL and go ride...... stop saying **** you dont know!!!!

holla
Old 04-03-2008, 03:08 PM

shky4 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Guru SF
how the hell is it a proven fact that if you are starting out you need less power in your hb

thats ******* stupid!!! if anything you need more..... and the pros need less!!! thats why i have the 4 piston cause im a squid!!!

I don't know much, but I do know if Nash would go ride, he would understand that for himself
Old 04-03-2008, 04:28 PM

righthooks is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by E.T.stuntz
.dnt worry I didnt bust ya hustle..... ....well all I am sayin is KEEP IT REAL....
dammmm thats love
Old 04-03-2008, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
i thought it hooked to the rear brake master that was to the footbrake already.....
ask him if he's including a line and adapter....[/QUOTE]

i would need a fi adapter and braided brake line
Old 04-03-2008, 04:47 PM
EXTREME THERAPY

100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Guru SF

but nash you need to get off of SL and go ride...... stop saying **** you dont know!!!!

holla
GURU you damn squid........ :YEAH +1

Originally Posted by shky4
I don't know much, but I do know if Nash would go ride, he would understand that for himself
+12345
Old 04-03-2008, 05:52 PM

f4ipodunk is a decent person

SQUIDZ FO LIFE!!!!! :YEAH
Old 04-03-2008, 07:16 PM
EXTREME THERAPY

100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough

Old 04-03-2008, 07:58 PM

Dstunter is a decent person

i have to say HOHEY. it looks good it works and that **** is strong.:YEAH
Old 04-03-2008, 08:03 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

i would need a fi adapter and braided brake line
then thats prob alot more than u want to spend on a mc. it sounds like its the magura 190 which is the more expensive billet one, i run the 195 which runs around 220 new and is the same as the 190 cept its forged instead of billet. if you get a dual caliper set up from hohey u will have no problem running a standard front brake mc for like 80 dollars. if u have the cash tho the magura or brembo are what you really want.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:04 PM

Dstunter is a decent person

not trying to crush you man, but how do you explain and push a product you dont even know how to use ..... leave that to the ones that do
Old 04-03-2008, 10:07 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

My name is Andy and I like apples

Quick Reply: handbreak