"friend" blew MY 954 motor HELP

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 04:42 PM
Mof Diver

mofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant future
Re: "friend" blew MY 954 motor HELP

Originally Posted by cbaquol
thanks for the input, and to be honest, once i got the bike back to my house and in my garage i tried to start it, and after a few seconds of turning over it started for a second then cut out. ive decided that i am def makin this kid pay for the damages im taking the bike to a shop on monday to get it checked out and asses the damages. if anyone has any reccomendations as to where i should take it please let me know. and i am def gonna check around for a motor if it ends up needed to be replaced, if anyone else finds one post it up!!! thanks
You let him con you into riding it because he made you some sort of deal that you could just not turn down, bet your kicking yourself in the *** now.

You can't expect that kid to pay for your motor that blew up when he went on a 10 minute ride.

It's your bike, its your problem now. If I was him I'd laugh in your face if you tried to make me pay for it.
Old 03-30-2008, 04:46 PM

cbaquol is a decent person

before he took it out i told him if something happens he is responsible, and he agreed. once he got back he said he would pay to get it fixed because he felt bad, i just dont know how long its going to take. put yourself in my position, say u let someone ride ur **** and blew ur motor, would ou just sit back and be like oh its okay dont worry. no i didnt think so.
Old 03-30-2008, 04:56 PM
Mof Diver

mofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant future

before he took it out i told him if something happens he is responsible, and he agreed. once he got back he said he would pay to get it fixed because he felt bad, i just dont know how long its going to take. put yourself in my position, say u let someone ride ur **** and blew ur motor, would ou just sit back and be like oh its okay dont worry. no i didnt think so.
I understand the whole you wreck it you bought it. But the motor blowing is a different issue. I would not expect someone to pay for a new motor if they rode my bike for 10 minutes and it popped.

You rode that bike for 4500 miles, he added 3 miles to that and it blew so now he's responsible?? f that dude.

Last edited by mofat01; 03-30-2008 at 05:05 PM.
Old 03-30-2008, 05:48 PM

Big R 508 is infamous around these parts

i bet you took alot of abuse on your bike like your givin a middle finger on the bike.

well i d say its your fault. things dont make any sense but it only made sense is that you let him ride your bike , so its end story right there.
Old 03-30-2008, 06:15 PM

CarpeDiem is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mofat01
I understand the whole you wreck it you bought it. But the motor blowing is a different issue. I would not expect someone to pay for a new motor if they rode my bike for 10 minutes and it popped.
+1

I let a few different people ride my bike to learn wheelies on. If the motor blew with on of them on it, I'm pretty sure it had something to do with the 100s of KM on one wheel that I put on it, not the 30min they were on it.

I thought motorcycles were designed for abuse and high rpms. Not putting around like a *****? I'm no engineer, that was just my impression over a few years. Engines are supposed to be bullet proof, especially Honda ones. haha.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:55 PM

i agree theyre supposed to be bullet proof but indeed they arent. and now my buddy told me he was rockin 1ST GEAR highchairs on the ******* highway which leads me to beleive he was way high up in the rpms im not saying that he did everything but the fact is he was on it when it happened. he agreed before he took it out that he would pay for anything if it happened and i kinda always thought that was a giving rule if your riding someone elses **** and something happens then you are responsible but some people on here seem to disagree i dont know maybe thats just how i am. he agreed after that he would take care of it but i guess its like a moral question whether i should actually make him do it. i mean i am broke as **** right now and really have no way to pay for the damage myself. he on the other hand doesnt have anything saved up, but works 10 hours everyday for a construction company and makes decent money so it would take him a while to pay it back but it would be possible. its just a shitty situation ive never been in before which is why im asking what to do and it sucks for both of us especially since my bike was my only means of transportation since my car took a **** a few weeks ago too
Old 03-30-2008, 11:01 PM
$$$$$$$

TheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the rough

so your buddy went out on the higway rockin 1st gear rev limiter highchairs eh..

oh and what are you doing in your avatar?? maybe the bike just doesnt likeyou and decided to break down on its own.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:05 PM

EnderWiggin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mofat01

You rode that bike for 4500 miles, he added 3 miles to that and it blew so now he's responsible?? f that dude.
Maybe he shouldn't have been a little bitch about riding the bike?

I'm picking up my bike saturday and my friend is willing to ride it home for me, but he ******* tools out on bikes and sorry to say but he ain't riding mine. He can go **** himself. I'll get a pickup and bring it home if I have to.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:09 PM
$$$$$$$

TheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by EnderWiggin
Maybe he shouldn't have been a little bitch about riding the bike?

I'm picking up my bike saturday and my friend is willing to ride it home for me, but he ******* tools out on bikes and sorry to say but he ain't riding mine. He can go **** himself. I'll get a pickup and bring it home if I have to.
why dont you let your friend drive the car and your ride your bike that YOU just bought.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:33 PM

OneWheelw is an unknown quantity at this point

heres what u do... scrap the motor, sell me the front end, and do whtever else u want wit the rest!! just a suggestion
Old 03-30-2008, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by TheRomanSF415x
so your buddy went out on the higway rockin 1st gear rev limiter highchairs eh..

oh and what are you doing in your avatar?? maybe the bike just doesnt likeyou and decided to break down on its own.
once i get a good picture ill change my avatar to make you happy
Old 03-30-2008, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by OneWheelw
heres what u do... scrap the motor, sell me the front end, and do whtever else u want wit the rest!! just a suggestion
haha how about this ill give u my front end and you give me a motor, sounds like an even trade just playin but i was actually thinking about taking the front end off before all this went down but everyone was tellin me it looks like **** on the 954 and i looked for pics to check out what it looked like but i couldnt find any, maybe theres a reason for that. but if it comes to that point, and i do part it out, or i just take it off, or whatever ill shoot you a PM
Old 03-31-2008, 12:49 AM

EnderWiggin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TheRomanSF415x
why dont you let your friend drive the car and your ride your bike that YOU just bought.
My first bike
Old 03-31-2008, 01:26 AM
Raf
I make wheelies

Raf is a decent person

i bought my 929 engine on ebay for $550 shipped to my door. Engine has about 5k miles on it.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:07 AM

CarpeDiem is an unknown quantity at this point

i agree theyre supposed to be bullet proof but indeed they arent. and now my buddy told me he was rockin 1ST GEAR highchairs on the ******* highway which leads me to beleive he was way high up in the rpms im not saying that he did everything but the fact is he was on it when it happened. he agreed before he took it out that he would pay for anything if it happened and i kinda always thought that was a giving rule if your riding someone elses **** and something happens then you are responsible but some people on here seem to disagree i dont know maybe thats just how i am. he agreed after that he would take care of it but i guess its like a moral question whether i should actually make him do it. i mean i am broke as **** right now and really have no way to pay for the damage myself. he on the other hand doesnt have anything saved up, but works 10 hours everyday for a construction company and makes decent money so it would take him a while to pay it back but it would be possible. its just a shitty situation ive never been in before which is why im asking what to do and it sucks for both of us especially since my bike was my only means of transportation since my car took a **** a few weeks ago too
ya... it's a lose lose situation it seems.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:10 AM

54RR is a decent person

man, check u r plugs, maybe the bike shut down when it was with u r freind and he gave it a lot a gas, i dont know r u certain the engine is blown? God i beat my bike like hell flipped it and it took me 2 years to fix it cause i have no access to parts i live in the midle east, it started from the forst time. u cant imagine how strong these bikes r. if u want my 2crnt that motor was going to blow sooner or later, my advice get one from ebay, by the way the 929 works aswell but your going to need the 929 wire harness and throttle body and reposition u r tip over sensor cause on the 954 its in the front, 929 its under the seat. good luck man hope it s not blown.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:24 AM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

You went back out and tried to start it and it turned on for a bit?

Doesn't sound blown to me.

When people ride your ****, yea they should pay if they wreck and **** it up or something. But there is no way he fucked that up in that 10 miles of riding unless something was already fucked up. Quit being a bitch and trying to take advantage of this guy who rode your bike.
Old 04-01-2008, 11:37 AM

well maybe i am wrong if everyone sees it that way and i dont, all im trying to explain is that yeah im sure the miles and abuse ive done to it beat the motor down a little but how do i know what exactly he did while he was riding it? maybe he did something that triggered whatever happened? maybe he slammed it down too hard at the wrong time or something just happened, and like i said before i still have not gotten a straight awnser about it from either one of the kids. im not trying to take advantage of this kid at all, first thing he said when i saw him was "ILL TAKE CARE OF IT" and the whole point of this thread was to get peoples opinion whether or not to actually make him do it thats all, but from the looks of it the majority says i should do it myself
Old 04-01-2008, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by inolen
You went back out and tried to start it and it turned on for a bit?

Doesn't sound blown to me.

When people ride your ****, yea they should pay if they wreck and **** it up or something. But there is no way he fucked that up in that 10 miles of riding unless something was already fucked up. Quit being a bitch and trying to take advantage of this guy who rode your bike.

yeah actually tried again last night too and this is what happened. it turned for maybe 5 seconds then started but every like half second there would be a loud *** knocking noise and maybe 2 or 3 faster clicking noises in between each knocking noise. could a rod be bent? or what should i try to make of this? i guess after all its not blown and i guess not seized either. and i only had the motor on for AT MOST 5 seconds i knew if it did start i shouldnt leave it on because its def fucked up and would just get worse but i just wanted to see if it actually would start and what happened if it did