switch from F4i to 6 durty 6

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 08:37 PM

krazykyle85 is a decent person
switch from F4i to 6 durty 6

well...

some of you know me... some dont...

but im thinkn of adding a 636 to my garage...

i wanna hear what everyone thinks... if youve owed both...
and what mods or anything really that ill need to know with it...
at this point all i know is the ins an outs of a f4i an a r1.. an any dirtbike hahahah
what breaks.. what doesnt.. what works good... what sucks ***, besides k-fos

soo! stick with the f4eazy or keep it an add the 6dirty6 ...

i want to be able to do stoppies again is a big plus...

and skrew the front end swap on the f4i, keep that **** stock hahaha

i figure ill practice gangsterness on the f4i but ride the 636 for any shows/comps cause it looks better... and the riding style on a 636 is more entertaining i think...

oh and another plus is everyone talks crap about how easy it is to do stuff on the f4i... what can they say if i can do it on both...

:YEAH
Old 03-25-2008, 08:39 PM

Re: switch from F4i to 6 durty 6

oh ya.. and what year is best to get?

03-04?

05-06?

07-08?

hahaha
Old 03-25-2008, 09:34 PM

Halfrican is a decent person

ill make it short......your gonna like and dislike things on both. Its all a matter of what you are willing to give up. for example the 03-04 636 has gangster power which the f4i lacks. the 636 has a tighter riding position which is much closer to the bars than the f4i. the 636 is a gangster sit down circle machine IMO..the f4i not so much.

now the f4i has a gangster idle which the 636 does not. the f4i is built like a tank the 636 is kinda fragile. the f4i feels like you can pull through easier on tank stuff than the 636. (now remember this is all my observation).

so all in all id say get both and see what you like and dislike then ace the one you dont like cause to have both of them will be a pain in the ***. because they are 2 different bike that ride diferent. but when you try out both post up what you like and dislike about them. :YEAH
Old 03-25-2008, 09:48 PM

SliverR6 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in the same boat. Just building my 05 636 now. Waiting for paint and parts to get out on the 636.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:59 PM

lol thanks halfrican... ya i know from what i hear there more fragile... and more power... but i think i can get used to it.. an be able to switch back an forth... or so i hope...
we'll see... im on the hunt right now... i will defiently post my opinions on it...
Old 03-25-2008, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by SliverR6
I'm in the same boat. Just building my 05 636 now. Waiting for paint and parts to get out on the 636.
were talking about bikes.. not boats!!!
Old 03-26-2008, 02:18 AM

Halfrican is a decent person

Originally Posted by krazykyle85
lol thanks halfrican... ya i know from what i hear there more fragile... and more power... but i think i can get used to it.. an be able to switch back an forth... or so i hope...
we'll see... im on the hunt right now... i will defiently post my opinions on it...
yea please do cause im interested to see what other people have to say about the switch
Old 03-26-2008, 02:24 AM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Halfrican
ill make it short......your gonna like and dislike things on both. Its all a matter of what you are willing to give up. for example the 03-04 636 has gangster power which the f4i lacks. the 636 has a tighter riding position which is much closer to the bars than the f4i. the 636 is a gangster sit down circle machine IMO..the f4i not so much.

now the f4i has a gangster idle which the 636 does not. the f4i is built like a tank the 636 is kinda fragile. the f4i feels like you can pull through easier on tank stuff than the 636. (now remember this is all my observation).

so all in all id say get both and see what you like and dislike then ace the one you dont like cause to have both of them will be a pain in the ***. because they are 2 different bike that ride diferent. but when you try out both post up what you like and dislike about them. :YEAH
+10
Old 03-26-2008, 02:30 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

i went from f4i to 636 and never ever go back. the 636 idle pulls 10x stronger than an f4i does so long as your running the stock exhaust with the exhaust valve in it(on the 05/06 anyway). i have to work real hard to stall this bike out even with stock gearing. and im also going to disagree on the bars being closer to the seat than the f4i, theyre both pretty stretched out(again this is 05/06). i havent had a whole lot of experieince on the 03/04, i like the style of the 05/06 myself. if you wanna roll longer stoppies on the f4i just put some better springs in there and some heavier fluid. f4i is a tank very durable, but i dont have any issues with my 636 as i dont abuse the **** out of it, when i drop my bike i control the fall 99% of the time and the other 1% my SI cage takes good care of. id say add one to the garage, keep the f4i for learning the crazy **** where you know youre gonna toss your bike and keep the 636 for youre regular riding/shows/contests whatever you do. i dont think its that hard to switch back and forth with bikes as long as your used to both of em.
Old 03-26-2008, 02:44 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

I love all years. The look of the new ones are sick but if I were to buy one right now it would probably be an 05-06
Old 03-26-2008, 02:52 AM
$$$$$$$

TheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the rough

nags i thought you were honda 4 life
Old 03-26-2008, 02:53 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

I'm a big Honda fan, but the 636's make awesome stunt bikes. I wouldn't mind clutching one up on a regular basis
Old 03-26-2008, 03:53 AM

marcus_136 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have both a f4i and a 04 636 in my garage.

The f4i has a little better room for pull throught and stuff, even tought there aint no problem doing it on the 636. For example, look in the new hot sauce where Nick Apex jumps from a ss footdrag to highchair without any problems.

The 636 is much stronger on idle and has much more power. Better for stoppies etc. I also think tank tricks is easier on it cause it doesnt bog out in low rpms like the f4i.

Still, every bike has its plus and its minus. The 636 is more fragile than the f4i.

Of all bikes I´ve rode and stunted, I like the 03-04 636 the most.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:53 AM

SON DOOBY is a decent person

GIXXER FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!:YEAH .. you still owe me for spark plugs damn it!
Old 03-26-2008, 06:17 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

the 05-06 looks better but i like the 03-04 better it seams like it plls harder and is deff stonger built bike i.e. frame, subframe. the f4i is way easier to do pull throughs the tank is a bit close on the 636's and the 05-06 is way close
Old 03-26-2008, 04:06 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

I'm actually thinking of switching to F4i
Old 03-26-2008, 04:21 PM

hmmmmmmmmmmm.... why switch to f4i?

an son.. if you came out to ride ever... id give you the money...
yer *** never comes to the spot! haha
Old 03-26-2008, 04:36 PM

polish projecti is a decent person

Originally Posted by T-Dubby
I'm actually thinking of switching to F4i
why?
Old 03-26-2008, 05:10 PM

Tommy_L is an unknown quantity at this point

I've owned several f4i since 2005, have to say it's a great bike, but now I have a 636 '03 and I have to say that I don't ever want to go back! Feels very light and easy for slow stuff, idle pulls much stronger on idle and don't bog. Have also tested my buddys 636 '05 - and my opinion is that the '03 is better.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:15 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by polish projecti
why?
Rode #2s and honestly I just felt more comfortable on it. Alot easier to turn SS for sure atleast learning. I'm sure once you learn it doesn't matter what bike you ride. It just felt really good and I felt comfortable on it.. Where on my 636 I don't feel comfortable

Quick Reply: switch from F4i to 6 durty 6