cage vs. race railz

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 12:04 AM

12oclock929 is an unknown quantity at this point
cage vs. race railz

if I could I'd like to get a full cage that will allow me to drag knee in the twisties but I'm pretty sure that's not gonna happen. not without beatin up my shins anyways. so my question is, how strong are the powers race railz? will they be able to handle the hit if I drop my bike from 12?
Old 03-25-2008, 12:08 AM

CarpeDiem is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: cage vs. race railz

Originally Posted by 12oclock929
will they be able to handle the hit if I drop my bike from 12?
nope.

A friend and I BOTH had a wrecked fairing stay, flywheel, stator, stator cover as a result from learning 12s last year as a result of race railz.

I had a '04 gixxer 600 and he had a '03 cbr rr 600

Both our speeds was about 20km/hour to 30km/hour.

Race railz seem to hold up like a champ on any lowsides though.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:23 AM

hmm that blows. what's the word on FI cages? can't you remove the hoop and just have extended sliders? I guess that would solve my problem though I'm not too excited about FI's design. I'd rather have a stout cage like a powers but if the FI will work it may be my answer.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:57 AM
use code "handy" 4 magura

stuntsteel is a decent person

billet covers n race rails

or

tygershark are pretty good 4 clearance

Old 03-25-2008, 01:07 AM

Braunstein82 is a decent person

i have a fi cage and the lower bar scrapes when i lean low on turns.
Old 03-25-2008, 01:08 AM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/pos...148-post3.html
Old 03-25-2008, 01:12 AM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

hmm that blows. what's the word on FI cages? can't you remove the hoop and just have extended sliders? I guess that would solve my problem though I'm not too excited about FI's design. I'd rather have a stout cage like a powers but if the FI will work it may be my answer.

DO NOT BUY AN FI CAGE... unless you want to trash your bike and waste $$ for no apparent reason.

They have the least ground clearance and will roll you bike over onto the clipons every time you drop it.

If you take the hoop off and crash w/ just the sliders, they will violently rip your motor mount threads right out of the block..... Been there done that.

Get a sickinnovations cage and you can drag pegs b4 the cage hits the ground. Plus you can pancake it from 12 a million times and you won't break a thing.

** I hear tygershark makes a decent cage as well.... but never tried one. SI AND FI on the other hand... had both, and there's no comparison.

If you plan on any hard drops AND want lean angle, there's no question...... SI.
Old 03-25-2008, 01:40 AM

REVLIMIT is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn that sucks...for a couple reasons I can't put a cage on my SRAD...so I wanted Racerails...but if my stator cover and everything is gonna crack and all that if I go down...might as well just buy sliders O_o
Old 03-25-2008, 01:42 AM

CarpeDiem is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by REVLIMIT
Damn that sucks...for a couple reasons I can't put a cage on my SRAD...so I wanted Racerails...but if my stator cover and everything is gonna crack and all that if I go down...might as well just buy sliders O_o
I'm sure race railz are better then just sliders, but not as good as a full cage imo.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:51 AM

o0kawi_boi0o is an unknown quantity at this point

race rails to me are for the og's in the game who been stunting for a while a rarely drop their bike but when they do it wont mess up as much if there was nothing there
Old 03-25-2008, 04:51 AM

Kliewer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CarpeDiem
nope.

A friend and I BOTH had a wrecked fairing stay, flywheel, stator, stator cover as a result from learning 12s last year as a result of race railz.

I had a '04 gixxer 600 and he had a '03 cbr rr 600

Both our speeds was about 20km/hour to 30km/hour.

Race railz seem to hold up like a champ on any lowsides though.
I was there to witness both crashes and each one ended in a yardsale with parts flying every which way. If you ARE going to run race rails, I suggest you run some of the NRC engine covers as well. The only thing they do is help protect the fairings.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:22 AM

jamiedubs is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a pair of race railz or canyon bars as some riders referr to them as on my 03 954 I wrecked doing 65 mph on a mtn back in april of 07 pretty shitty wreck I had racing 905 canyon bars on my bike and they saved everything around my engine my front fairing and my tail section needed to be replaced other than that the sides were not touched, nor were the handle bars.

Another time before the wreck I also let my bike idle at the wrong angle in my drive way which had a pretty good down grading slope to it. It weeble wabbled down and fell on the left side, after rolling a good 5 or 6 feet. Again nothing was touched.

In my opinion race railz, canyon bars, race bars, whatever you wanna call them they are another way for the cage desingers to spread their designs and products to all of the riders and not just stunt riders. It was a great idea and is worth the few dollars extra compared to having frame sliders that crack after a few months from being old if dropped in the drive way.

So if you wannana have something more for your bike but dont want the bulky cage cause your not pancaking your bike in the lotz all day. Canyon bars in my opinion is definatley the way to go:YEAH
Old 03-25-2008, 08:55 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

if you scrape the cage while riding twisties with a sick innovations cage well.....you had already crashed. someone actually had a picture up with them doing a track day with a SI cage somewhere here on stuntlife....
Old 03-25-2008, 09:13 AM

S.O.R Josh is an unknown quantity at this point

if I could I'd like to get a full cage that will allow me to drag knee in the twisties but I'm pretty sure that's not gonna happen. not without beatin up my shins anyways. so my question is, how strong are the powers race railz? will they be able to handle the hit if I drop my bike from 12?
no they wont! ive had a few friends try them out. the results were broken motor mounts, and broken case covers. the motor mounts break because all of the force of the drop is unloaded directly on the mount. (this particular bike was an 07 zx6)

the only cage i will put on my bike is sick innovations. ive never seen a cage take so much abuse and not mess up the bike at all. I just pick my **** up and roll away. i doubt you will have clearance issues leaning in. like someone said before, if you touch the cage your already going down anyway (unless your a professional racer ).

Basically, "**** POWERS" all the way around. you will also have to wait 3 to 4 months and a battery of phone calls / emails to get your **** from them. and they truly don't give a **** what you think about it either.

hope this helps
Old 03-25-2008, 11:50 AM

I checked out the SI site and I think you've got me convinced. I love the low profile design. not bulky at all. my next question is can you run it full fairing on a 929? on their site they had one pic of a 929 and it wasn't full fairing.
Old 03-25-2008, 01:57 PM

REVLIMIT is an unknown quantity at this point

I wish they made a cage like this for other bikes cause it's clean as hell.

No way your scratching that haha
Old 03-25-2008, 02:10 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
if you scrape the cage while riding twisties with a sick innovations cage well.....you had already crashed. someone actually had a picture up with them doing a track day with a SI cage somewhere here on stuntlife....
Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
Old 03-25-2008, 02:33 PM
NY636

ny636 is a decent person

I checked out the SI site and I think you've got me convinced. I love the low profile design. not bulky at all. my next question is can you run it full fairing on a 929? on their site they had one pic of a 929 and it wasn't full fairing.

yes, you can. but you need to drill holes.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:47 PM

ecthemc is a decent person

My buddy laid down his track bike on the street.. pretty good lay down..

Minimal cosmetic damage thanks to his powers railz.. ftw..
Old 03-25-2008, 02:48 PM

crazy636stunter is a decent person

just listen to all the same people, who have all said the same thing, on the other 2 million threads on crash cages! GET A SI CAGE!!!!

Quick Reply: cage vs. race railz