Proper wound cleaning.....DON'T use Peroxide!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 03:28 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about
Proper wound cleaning.....DON'T use Peroxide!

Just a tip I wanted to share. Hydrogen peroxide has been proven to be a skin growth inhibitor......meaning that it will directly cause your wound to take longer to heal. Tests are also being conducted that may link peroxide to cancerous bumps when used as a mouthwash, also. Basically, I've been told by an ER technician and a dentist to throw any peroxide that I may have AWAY. I know, I know.......we've all used it to clean a wound and everything was fine......BUT.....if you had an identical wound on the other side of your body that you cleaned w/ alcohol and treated w/ Neosporin, it would be fully healed a couple days sooner. We all have to deal w/ cuts and scrapes throughout the year, so I thought I'ld help you be rid of them sooner! Hopefully you won't be needing this advice any time soon! Wear your gear!
Old 03-21-2008, 03:36 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Proper wound cleaning.....DON'T use Peroxide!

i was told by a doctor that peroxide is only supposed to be used once on a wound the first time you clean it and then not to use it again because like you said it kills the skin around the wound and will make it harder for your body to heal...

neosporin is the **** .....
Old 03-21-2008, 03:43 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

Yeah, but why use it even once when alcohol does the same thing w/ out killing skin cells? We're men.....we can take a little sting...lol...
Old 03-21-2008, 03:54 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

good advice. neosporin kicks ***. If you've got a laceration you can clean it and close it with crazy glue, too. Cyanoacrylate is what they use to close incisions at Hopkins now. it's the shizz.

If you open a vein on accident, don't laugh, it can ****** happen. you can pinch it off, put the ends together and glue the **** back together. don't get dirt in the vein and don't get glue inside, it's dangerous, but beats bleeding out on the way to the hospital or a tourniquette.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:05 PM

Trachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant future

i just let my dog lick it, or heat up a Rambo knife until it's red and put it on the wound, or make a needle and thread out of floss and steak knife and sew it up myself, or spit on it and keep stuntin, or just cut the whole limb off so it doesnt hurt anymore in the scraped area. thats right, i'm HARD CORE!!! :YEAH

actually, thanks for the info. i dont use anything unless its a really bad wound, which i havent had in a while cuz i've been using all my gear. i'll be sure not to use peroxide though.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:14 PM

[quote=Trachito;3212858]i just let my dog lick it, or heat up a Rambo knife until it's red and put it on the wound, or make a needle and thread out of floss and steak knife and sew it up myself, or spit on it and keep stuntin, or just cut the whole limb off so it doesnt hurt anymore in the scraped area. thats right, i'm HARD CORE!!! :YEAH

Holy ****! Chuck Norris just posted on SL!
Old 03-21-2008, 04:16 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

chuck norris can't be cut his skin is like steel...
Old 03-21-2008, 04:21 PM
is back on the dirt

the gnar is a decent person

chuck norris doesn't do push ups, the earth moves under him. fyi.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:29 PM

EnderWiggin is an unknown quantity at this point

How about using peroxide AND alcohol:YEAH
Old 03-21-2008, 04:35 PM
GAME OVER *****

0410R will become famous soon enough0410R will become famous soon enough

+10000 neosporin alll the way!!!
Old 03-21-2008, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by old man roger
chuck norris can't be cut his skin is like steel...
Wow...........so yur tellin me this is Rambo!?! Doesn't Rambo know Chuck rules SL, as well as the WORLD! Oh ****......the ***** gonna hit the fan. Better turn off our computers.......when Chuck finds out he's being infiltrated by Rambo......he's gonna transfuse his blood into his USB port and engage the anti-Rambo virus........meaning any computer w/ the word "Rambo" in its memory will melt right before your eyes. I've been wanting a new laptop...lol..
Old 03-21-2008, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by EnderWiggin
How about using peroxide AND alcohol:YEAH
Ummmmm.......NO.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:59 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by Righteous 1
Wow...........so yur tellin me this is Rambo!?! Doesn't Rambo know Chuck rules SL, as well as the WORLD! Oh ****......the ***** gonna hit the fan. Better turn off our computers.......when Chuck finds out he's being infiltrated by Rambo......he's gonna transfuse his blood into his USB port and engage the anti-Rambo virus........meaning any computer w/ the word "Rambo" in its memory will melt right before your eyes. I've been wanting a new laptop...lol..
thats the best chuck norris tuffism i ever read....lol
Old 03-21-2008, 05:07 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

This is no ****.......
When we left for the Ride of the Century with our boys in the Lou. My wife packed us a crash kit in a box for us to take along with us... LOL

It's contents were as follows.......

2 @ sterile H20 in two large 35cc syringes sealed for flushing and debrying wounds...

4cc's of lidocane in a sealed syringe capped off and two steirle syringes

1 bottle of chlorhex surgical scrub

1 bottle of HYDROGEN PEROXIDE(<guess I should toss it huh?)

2 extra 22g 3/4" sterile needles for syringes

1 bottle New skin, liquid bandage

tons of gauze all sizes and types

2@ 1"cloth tape

1@ 1"cloth tape

1@ petflex non-adhesive flex wrap

5@ "ouchless" non-adherant pads, medium

Sterilized Hemostats(needle holders) in an autoclaved surgical bag

1 @ 27" Polydioxanone sterile suture with a 1/2 22mm taper needle sealed in a suture pack

1@ 27" absorbable PGCL-25 sterile suture with a 3/8 taper 19mm needle in a sealed suture pack

And like 8 pairs of surgical gloves...

I love my wife, but daeeeeeeemn! think that's enough stuff incase??? I think we were OK!haha

Only thing we were basically missing from a field medics pack was IM morphine! LOL ....no I really don't know that.... that's enough **** to get to the ER for me, and maybe enough for some to avoid the ER all together!!

Old 03-21-2008, 05:12 PM

Holy ****!!!^^^!!!.......is she a nurse or something? Good to be prepared...lol..
Old 03-21-2008, 05:18 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

Shes a Vet tech...

The level of care they have in their animal hospital that she works at is top notch! Basically just like human care it's gotten so far advanced!

Have you gotten a vet bill in a while??... they are on top of their **** anymore man, and it's all ordered from the same catalogs that they MD's order their stuff from.. My wife does all the ordering for her hospital... but all the products are IDENTICAL even with some of the antibiotics and meds too!!

She was lookin out for us! that's a good girl right there.....:YEAH
Old 03-21-2008, 05:19 PM
is back on the dirt

the gnar is a decent person

Originally Posted by jstuntlocke
This is no ****.......
When we left for the Ride of the Century with our boys in the Lou. My wife packed us a crash kit in a box for us to take along with us... LOL

2 @ sterile H20 in two large 35cc syringes sealed for flushing and debrying wounds...

2@ 1"cloth tape

1@ 1"cloth tape

1 @ 27" Polydioxanone sterile suture with a 1/2 22mm taper needle sealed in a suture pack

1@ 27" absorbable PGCL-25 sterile suture with a 3/8 taper 19mm needle in a sealed suture pack

I love my wife, but daeeeeeeemn! think that's enough stuff incase??? I think we were OK!haha

Only thing we were basically missing from a field medics pack was IM morphine! LOL ....no I really don't know that.... that's enough **** to get to the ER for me, and maybe enough for some to avoid the ER all together!!

missing a portable AED.
Old 03-21-2008, 05:22 PM

Shes a Vet tech...

The level of care they have in their animal hospital that she works at is top notch! Basically just like human care it's gotten so far advanced!

Have you gotten a vet bill in a while??... they are on top of their **** anymore man, and it's all ordered from the same catalogs that they MD's order their stuff from.. My wife does all the ordering for her hospital... but all the products are IDENTICAL even with some of the antibiotics and meds too!!

She was lookin out for us! that's a good girl right there.....:YEAH
Yeah, unfortuneately just paid 3 G's for leg surgery on my dog. I know what you're sayin. That's awesome, though.......means she knows how to use that ****, too! Sounds like a keeper!
Old 03-21-2008, 05:22 PM
also known as OMR

This is no ****.......

2@ 1"cloth tape

1@ 1"cloth tape

this explains alot about you most of your posts are very long to say the least ..lol

you seem to be trying to cover all aspects of what you are posting about in a single post so the fact that your wife is so complete in making a first aid kit leads me to beleive that when you are talking to her you make sure you cover every thing pertaining to the concept of your conversation and i.........oh forget it i was just trying to make a jstuntlocke style post and i can't
Old 03-21-2008, 05:31 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

peep THIS scar!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	back 1.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	207606  

Quick Reply: Proper wound cleaning.....DON'T use Peroxide!