Miranda Rights?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 10:21 AM

andyhart281 is a decent person
Re: Miranda Rights?

Originally Posted by ahhhhWHOA
i thnk you only have to pay a certain percentage of what your bail is posted at, like 10% or something. so im thinking he paid maybe $1000?
Yeah I only paid 1000
Old 03-20-2008, 11:47 AM

cashtown is an unknown quantity at this point

Bond is what the court uses to ensure that you'll show up for your court date.

The bond is paid in full, and when you show up for court, the money is returned to you.

Bail bonds agencies charge a set percentage (usually 10% for misdemeanors - mistermeanors, lol). They keep the percentage that you pay, then when you show up at court they get all of their money back. They keep your payment as profit. If you don't show up for court they don't get their money back, so they send dawg the bounty hunter after your ***.

If you pay the full amount then you get all of your money back when you show up for court. Bail bondsmen are handy if you don't have the full bond to pony up.

Texas sucks. They changed the law a few years ago so that the State keeps 5% of the bail even if you do show up for court. So, if you're bail is $500 and you pay the full amount, you only get $475 back at your court date. That's a rip if you ask me.
Old 03-20-2008, 05:15 PM

BLooD is a decent person

Originally Posted by andyhart281
Yeah i was underage. I am still only 19 and I get my license back on the 9th of April. My court date is on April 22nd. I talked to a cop and he said to get my license and bring it in to say it was a glitch in the system. Good Idea??
yeah thats a good idea, you better hurry up and get it tho. if anything theyll atleast drop the charge to a lower offence.
Old 03-20-2008, 05:29 PM

BLooD is a decent person

Originally Posted by andyhart281
I live in a gay little town called broomfield where cops have nothing better to do than sit outside your house and wait until you get home to traffic stop you in your driveway and hall you off to jail. While all your neighbors watch and stare at you and think you're the anti-christ.
with all fareness dude and most probable he could of been there just patroling or watching trafic and here u come popping a wheelie. he cant exactly not do anything about it, after all it is his job to uphold the law. then he finds out u 1 dont have a licence and 2 have a previous dui from a year or so earlier while being underage. so its just like that good ol' saying "if u cant do the time, dont do the crime".
Old 03-20-2008, 08:34 PM
sack up or pack up!!!

beardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond reputebeardo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hazemabdulrab
scared to post my location of course not..........i live on 1234 fake st...fakeville, usa........come and get me u a-hole
lol thats gay!!! prob rides a fake4i or somthin like that too
Old 03-20-2008, 09:08 PM

DerekMey is a decent person

Originally Posted by hazemabdulrab
u sound like a liar.....but if this really did happen then im pretty sure u brought it on urself.....i luv cops...i even donate every month to them.....to **** ppl like you....because i get real jealous when i see ppl with moto's doin stunts ,getin all the girls attention, pisses me off....but thank god teres no stunters in my area..the ho's are mine....hahaah(evil laugh)....and im driving a soccer mom van with a rear sprocket, stabilzer, and a crash cage...and guess wat no seatbelt......ohhhhhhhhhhhh im badddddddd

P.s= no im not on drugs
I'd love to **** you up you little ******* bitch......Man, i don't get mad like that often, but a comment like that deserves something said.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:22 PM
Mof Diver

mofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant future

Kill the cop...bet he won't be in court then
Old 03-21-2008, 12:50 AM

sp1tty is a decent person

sux man. good luck with your case.. and denver is probably one of the strictest cities out there for dui's, out here one beer can land you a dui.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:12 AM
circles are boring....

MacDaddyBlake is a decent person

Originally Posted by BLooD
he cant exactly not do anything about it, after all it is his job to uphold the law. .

well he COULD have :P

ive ridden a wheelie past a couple cops and ive seen some people do other stupid crap infront of them, sometimes they get nailed and sometimes the cop just laughrs or shakes his head :P

And yes, i think he probably would have been alright, or atleast gotten maybe a citation for the wheelie.......but the DUI and riding without a license........you pretty much screwed yourself, no reason to hate on the cop.