where do i get a huge sprocket

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 05:05 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice
Re: where do i get a huge sprocket

you'll be fine, a vortex from haibikeshop will do good. I would say geared steel but they arent around anymore. I learned on a 60 tooth btw
Old 03-19-2008, 08:21 PM
lets ****in ride!!!

clutchitup21 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Beto
you'll be fine, a vortex from haibikeshop will do good. I would say geared steel but they arent around anymore. I learned on a 60 tooth btw
did you learn slow stuff easy with a 60?
Old 03-19-2008, 08:22 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by clutchitup21
You can learn slow wheelies just as easy with stock gearing. Quit looking for a crutch and just pull up your skirt and go practice.

Last edited by inolen; 03-19-2008 at 08:47 PM.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:24 PM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough

yep io did on a 58 tooth actually :YEAH
Old 03-19-2008, 08:31 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

yes, but Inolen does make a good point, I'm pretty sure stock would have been kind of the same learning, just takes a ton of practice

Originally Posted by inolen
You can learn slow wheelies just as easy with easy gearing. Quit looking for a crutch and just pull up your skirt and go practice.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:58 PM

FreeTonyC is an unknown quantity at this point

I run a 50t on my F4I and thats plenty.......

haibikeshop.com
Old 03-19-2008, 10:52 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

I learned to scrape tail, do 100+ foot coasters, rock 8mph idle, all on stock gearing before I even RODE a bike with gearing..

I'd say at LEAST get idle before gearing.. If you ca'nt ride a wheelie for at least 100 foot without hitting the throttle once, you have no reason to re-gear yet..
Old 03-20-2008, 08:26 AM
lets ****in ride!!!

Originally Posted by Towlieee
I learned to scrape tail, do 100+ foot coasters, rock 8mph idle, all on stock gearing before I even RODE a bike with gearing..

I'd say at LEAST get idle before gearing.. If you ca'nt ride a wheelie for at least 100 foot without hitting the throttle once, you have no reason to re-gear yet..
you da man, i'll take that advise. i need to ride with one of you guys who know what the hell they are talkin about....like towlieee....thanks man
Old 03-20-2008, 08:26 AM
lets ****in ride!!!

Originally Posted by Towlieee

you da man, i'll take that advise. i need to ride with one of you guys who know what the hell they are talkin about....like towlieee....thanks man
Old 03-20-2008, 08:29 AM
lets ****in ride!!!

sorry, i dont know why it posted twice
Old 03-20-2008, 08:50 AM

Standupnfall is a decent person

Prob to up your post count
Old 03-20-2008, 08:50 AM

Standupnfall is a decent person

See...
Old 03-20-2008, 10:05 AM
lets ****in ride!!!

thats not a bad idea...lol

Last edited by clutchitup21; 03-20-2008 at 10:07 AM.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:36 AM

ADJMART1 is a decent person

I have a huge sprocket in my garage I can sell you cheap.Its off a 900rr,It should fit your f2.Its like a 70 something tooth if you want it p.m. me.It is for a 520 chain btw.I was gonna make a pimp wall clock out of it but havent had the time.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:20 PM

Big R 508 is infamous around these parts

i have 90 rear tooth , u wanna buy it ?
Old 03-20-2008, 01:33 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

E RacK can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by Beto
*** an aluminum dinner plate. aluminum sprockets are coo for racing cus its less weight and rotational effort... BY A COUUPLE POUNDS ONLY! y u think racers change sprockets every few races??? cus aluminum eats away too fast for a weight savings you dont even see! you replace 2-3 sprockets before you change the chain. get one from dragnazz. or GSP.com
Old 03-20-2008, 01:38 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by E RacK
*** an aluminum dinner plate. aluminum sprockets are coo for racing cus its less weight and rotational effort... BY A COUUPLE POUNDS ONLY! y u think racers change sprockets every few races??? cus aluminum eats away too fast for a weight savings you dont even see! you replace 2-3 sprockets before you change the chain. get one from dragnazz. or GSP.com
I had the same chain and aluminum sprocket on my bike for around a year and a half with no problems. I still have the sprocket, it looks new.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:51 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

E RacK can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by inolen
I had the same chain and aluminum sprocket on my bike for around a year and a half with no problems. I still have the sprocket, it looks new.
yeah, maybe it was a tad misqualified. aluminum for hard street or track sucks. how r the teeth on urs though? i went to the local shop friday n saw the 'wall of hame' n he had an aluminum vortex thats been hangin there a few years (u can tell cus its got the old model 'pie slice' mag design) he just chewed a guy out about how almuminum sprockets, especially if u dont maintain the tension adjustments and lube them break down the teeth under regular 'tense' usage. the "U" between the sprocket teeh had roved out to a "u" base the towards the top of the teeth bowed out more like a sharp "V" it was terrible!. my bad on the aluminum flash cus stunt and reg. higher rpm road us are still different from lot/light street
Old 03-20-2008, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by E RacK
yeah, maybe it was a tad misqualified. aluminum for hard street or track sucks. how r the teeth on urs though? i went to the local shop friday n saw the 'wall of hame' n he had an aluminum vortex thats been hangin there a few years (u can tell cus its got the old model 'pie slice' mag design) he just chewed a guy out about how almuminum sprockets, especially if u dont maintain the tension adjustments and lube them break down the teeth under regular 'tense' usage. the "U" between the sprocket teeh had roved out to a "u" base the towards the top of the teeth bowed out more like a sharp "V" it was terrible!. my bad on the aluminum flash cus stunt and reg. higher rpm road us are still different from lot/light street
As I said, it looks brand new.

I think I might have lubed it once.
Old 03-20-2008, 03:34 PM

aluminum holds up ok, just be sure to keep your chain adjusted right. But yes steel sprockets are $$$$ I love my geared steel sprocket