33.33%
I think theres not enough competitions
58.73%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

2009 Stunt competition !!New!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 04:58 AM
RedruM

dmcfreestylematt is a jewel in the roughdmcfreestylematt is a jewel in the roughdmcfreestylematt is a jewel in the rough
Re: 2009 Stunt competition !!New!!

Originally Posted by DSOG Thomas
Yeah but if some wack asssssss promoter/person happens to meet the ceo of ihaveamilliondollarsandcangetyouonxgames incorporated and convinces him that he is the man with stuntriding and that he can do the best comp ever.... then the ceo hooks it all up and the **** turns out wack... mr ceo will be pissed and will hate stuntriding

Where as a proven person/event would impress mr ceo and benefit everyone with growth and exposure of the sport
very well put

good intentions dont pay the pills
and with a sport like ours its so easy for for said "wack *** promoter " to convince mr ceo that he is mr.stuntriding and can make everything happen because we are so small and no one outside of the community knows anything about anything and they basically have to take "mr stuntriding / wack promoter" at his word and "mr stuntriding" can have the best of intentions but if he doesnt have experience holding an event of this caliber odds are everything is gonna go to ****.............that being said there is just so much you can learn from working or being a part of big/successful events (XDL) an event of that caliper can take months if not a year to plan set-up work out every little kink and even then there are gonna be bugs that you didnt work out look at stuntwars plenty of money plenty of planning and they have been doing it for how many years now but every comp/event is going to have those bugs it just happens............but if you have people that are experienced in holding big events like this those little bugs will be your only problems

the way i see it if you want to make this event a success and promote the sport in a positive light you have a couple of choices

1. get with thomas and see if he would be interested in making ATL a stop for the 2009 XDL Series ( this being the best idea for the sport in my eyes for everyone including yourself since it would be part of a pointed series ran and promoted by people that know how to run a professional event..and it would be great for the the sport cause said mr ceo sees what a success the event is and that it is part of a cross nation event that is working to have a stop in every major city in they US talk about exposure he is def going to continue to put money into the sport so stuntriding as a sport wins and this is what you said your ultimate goal is right ?
and its aslo a win for you cause you get to be the goto guy in ATL to get everything together as the XDL series sees fit but you play hero while be a part of what could quite possibly be the ultimate future of stuntriding why would you want to be any were else )

2. once again plan to have your event in 2009 and get a hold of thomas and see if you could go and work at some of the XDL events this year you would learn more working at events like this then anything else and if that doesnt work for you then get a hold of someone else that holds a "respected" event and see if you can help with it learn as much as possible talk to people see how much planning goes into it and then take everything you learn and apply it to your comp

one other thing it is more of a joke but it could ultimately help you but try going to some shitty planned shitty promoted bad for the riders bad for the spectators event and see what a bad event looks like kind of a what not to do kinda deal hahaha but seriously you wont have trouble finding one i'm sure everyone on this forum could point you in the right way there are more then enough of them and you dont want to be bunched up in the group of one time only waste of time events

either way good luck and listen to the advice you get on this forum and the hate cause there is truth in most of it
Old 03-11-2008, 05:00 AM
RedruM

dmcfreestylematt is a jewel in the roughdmcfreestylematt is a jewel in the roughdmcfreestylematt is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by gixer1
i know i would be there, but im nobody
you really are a nobody
Old 03-12-2008, 10:54 PM
Mr. Sexy! AdrenalineBoyz

AdrenalineBoyz is a decent person

bump.....
Old 03-12-2008, 11:24 PM

Don't Ride Dirt is a decent person

what is it
Old 04-01-2008, 06:03 PM

LiL G is a decent person

Go small...don't compare to other events...scedule at convient times...learn from your mistakes...then ask for further assistance if needed. Just make it happen, you want people to come...bring in the big names first and the rest will follow...
Old 04-01-2008, 06:18 PM

1brownj is an unknown quantity at this point

I love atlanta this is my home town i went to duluth middle school & duluth high school i am old school in the 770 folks and i hate traveling to comps. I dont care **** about egos i dont even compete hoping to win prize money,(because i suck) but any competition or xdl whatever that takes place in the state of georgia anyone who attends will have to at least be a better rider than me to win anything....may not be that hard to do but thats how i feel about my homestead.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:34 PM
Call the Coast Guard!

LRMzx636 is an unknown quantity at this point

Why dont we just all............

* I think this thread may have killed important brain cells required to finish this sentence, please stand by *
Old 04-01-2008, 09:37 PM

chadnine is a decent person

Originally Posted by LRMzx636
Why dont we just all............

* I think this thread may have killed important brain cells required to finish this sentence, please stand by *
Old 04-01-2008, 09:43 PM

PLAYA-P will become famous soon enoughPLAYA-P will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by CHADf
there needs to be more comps organized like XDL for sure ! but not everyone can travel from coast to coast ! NOT YET, with the sport in the stages that it's in. there are plenty of peeps who would show up for comps in the ATL,especially if the payouts are gonna be paid..... it's a idea that will HELP the sport, NOT hurt it like people are implying! i think it's a kick *** idea and i KNOW peps will show up! there are a bunch of pep's that still need to be contacted and talked to before anything is set in stone, but its a good location and good riders in the (AREA) !!! now change the thread back to positive talk and positive comments on making the stunt world better!!!!!
+10000000000 well said brother
Old 04-01-2008, 11:23 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

The more comps you can have the better for the industry overall it needs an infusion of money and interest. it makes sense to follow the same judging safety and ethics protocols as the other comps - since the guys are playing for points as much as money these days, if I understand correctly. (which I don't always, admittedly)

I think it's cool that you're checking to see what people's schedules look like and who'd be interested. you can look in the stunt events forums for more info on which dates are scheduled for what.

If you're working with an established stunt event promoter great, if not, maybe get in touch with someone who throws events like you envision yours and have them consult on your project. you'll probably get more riders involved that way as well, because a lot of them have been burned and showed up in the middle of nowhere for a comp that wasn't what the promoter said, so they are naturally skeptical.

Good luck with your event. I've never done it but it seems a lot more involved than it looks like from the outside. look at how grumpy Thomas is all the time

BTW the universal points system is a must have, or it will be impossible to sort out who takes nationals, it's not a good move to decide one promoter is the sanctioning body. it has to be an association of promoters who agree to abide by the same standard. I do prefer the XDL judging for protocols, not that my opinion matters on that I don't compete.

any other way besides shared points seems like it's not really a sport it's kind of a shill for a monopoly. too easily directed from within and unsustainable to a trained investors eyes, those guys are really smart.

Last edited by excessa; 04-01-2008 at 11:29 PM.