Sliders vs. Crash cages

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 11:43 PM
Never Good Enuff

chipottley is a decent person
Sliders vs. Crash cages

I have 2.5in. sliders, is that just as good as a crash cage? or will a crash cage really protact more while stunting?
Old 02-26-2008, 11:48 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Sliders vs. Crash cages

no cmparison sliders in a good crash will eather fold crack your frame or rip the engine mount bolt right the **** out of the motor do your self a favor and take them off if your going to do any stuntin
Old 02-27-2008, 12:14 AM

scrapes r us is a decent person

let me practice my circle wheelie's on you sliders and we'll see if they hold up.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:21 AM

Timmy P is a decent person

Originally Posted by chipottley
I have 2.5in. sliders, is that just as good as a crash cage? or will a crash cage really protact more while stunting?
Is this my retarded brother bilo?
Old 02-27-2008, 12:53 AM

Mr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud of

1 word... NO
Sliders are just for looks. They don't work unless your bike falls over when parked. Even then they don't do their job...Buy a cage!!

Now that being said....Go punch yourself in the face for asking such a dumb question
Old 02-27-2008, 01:11 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

sometimes.......im very concerned about the future of the world.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:15 AM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
+1 thats a common sense question.
Old 02-27-2008, 01:29 AM

Mr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud of

it scares me at times how dumb kids are now days
Old 02-27-2008, 02:13 AM

REVLIMIT is an unknown quantity at this point

Well...there is a small chance a slider could protect more then a cage. Mostly with the less risk of flipping the bike if it goes down (higher speed wheelies). Though majority of the time how your bike crashes the cage is gonna protect it a lot better. So it's kinda like...there's a CHANCE a slider could protect better...but...that chance is very very slim.
Old 02-27-2008, 02:24 AM

Bruce_hxc is a decent person

I think I peed a little.
Old 02-27-2008, 02:25 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by REVLIMIT
Well...there is a small chance a slider could protect more then a cage. Mostly with the less risk of flipping the bike if it goes down (higher speed wheelies). Though majority of the time how your bike crashes the cage is gonna protect it a lot better. So it's kinda like...there's a CHANCE a slider could protect better...but...that chance is very very slim.
if a bike is going to flip its going to flip regardless if theres a cage or a slider on it. majority of the time its because its sliding the tires catch, its just momentum not if a cage exists or not. go spend an hour on youtube looking at race crashes and see how many you can find where the bike starts flipping.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:21 PM

REVLIMIT is an unknown quantity at this point

if a bike is going to flip its going to flip regardless if theres a cage or a slider on it. majority of the time its because its sliding the tires catch, its just momentum not if a cage exists or not. go spend an hour on youtube looking at race crashes and see how many you can find where the bike starts flipping.
Yeah I know the flipping is usually always caused by the tires grabbing. But I've seen a lot of crashes where the tires didn't grab and the cage sent it flipping. Though those were the old 905 cages.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:24 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

DURTY has a spectacular aura aboutDURTY has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
+1 thats a common sense question.
it wasnt a question it was a statement
Old 02-27-2008, 06:35 PM

JustaGixxerNoob is a decent person

BOTH WRONG.. you need a cage and sliders bro.. get swingarm, hand grip sliders and a cage. After that you dont need to worry as much.
Old 02-27-2008, 07:50 PM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough

NO!!!! get a cage
Old 02-27-2008, 07:59 PM

Monstrosity is a decent person

Race Rails are'nt bad either if you dont want a bulky cage. However a cage is the best for protection.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:10 PM
Never Good Enuff

chipottley is a decent person
Thumbs up Re: Sliders vs. Crash cages

Thanks! To all of you who helped me out here. and what is with all the ****** douche bags on here that think people are supposed to have been born with this information? You guys are ******* lame! not everybody has someone teaching them this **** at a young age, nor the money to pay someone to teach them. I thought this site was for people who love the same thing and want to help each other out, not for bitches who think they're better than everyone else. If you wanna talk **** to people and act high n mighty, then go to a bar, or bike week next month and try that ****. I WILL ALWAYS TRY MY BEST TO HELP ANYONE IF I CAN. Thank you to all of the riders who understand this, and CHOOSE to help!
Old 02-27-2008, 10:24 PM

scrapes r us is a decent person

Thanks! To all of you who helped me out here. and what is with all the ****** douche bags on here that think people are supposed to have been born with this information? You guys are ******* lame! not everybody has someone teaching them this **** at a young age, nor the money to pay someone to teach them. I thought this site was for people who love the same thing and want to help each other out, not for bitches who think they're better than everyone else. If you wanna talk **** to people and act high n mighty, then go to a bar, or bike week next month and try that ****. I WILL ALWAYS TRY MY BEST TO HELP ANYONE IF I CAN. Thank you to all of the riders who understand this, and CHOOSE to help!
Why Thank you, you keep us entertained thats what where hear for
Old 02-27-2008, 11:36 PM

Just keep rocking them sliders then

let us know how it works out for ya....
Old 02-27-2008, 11:43 PM

Standupnfall is a decent person

Originally Posted by JustaGixxerNoob
BOTH WRONG.. you need a cage and sliders bro.. get swingarm, hand grip sliders and a cage. After that you dont need to worry as much.

Bar end sliders are gay, and swingarm sliders can make your bike roll onto the bars more

Quick Reply: Sliders vs. Crash cages