HoHey brackets for 4 piston caliper

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 07:52 PM

Manny is an unknown quantity at this point
HoHey brackets for 4 piston caliper

Ok. So let me start by saying that it is as good as anything & everything I had been dreaming about. Foot brake remains factory. As good as it comes when you buy a bike & Hand Brake is as good or better than the Factory would do it, considering that you are only using one finger!

I dont think it even matters what Lever & Perk you use..... GXR flipped , Brembo, Magura......Name it.... I guarantee it would make sick stopping power regardless.

The second I installed my 4 caliper piston to the bike, It didnt matter that the pads & rotor were not broken in together & had grooves on the pads & rotor from another bike.... It locked one finger on demand effortless. Not only with the clutch in it would skid but on on gear squeeze it too hard & your motor stalls & tire skids... That was almost a t 2 finger pressue but easy to do with one finger. I need to go get used to it but Ill tell you I rocked it in front of my house & wiped out about 10 Seat Stander Circles one finger like Ive never been able to & laughing hard while rocking them because it was so Easy to control & Stall. Im more confident on my Hand Brake now that I am on my foot Brake. Joe Molina tried it in front of my house as well & all he said was "SOLD, Im getting one ASAP!".

Let me mention that it took me less than 3 minutes to bleed it & clean the mess. Just by Gravity. The Bleed valve on the caliper happens to line up Perfectly straight up for just in case there is a lil air down ther & the rest just comes out by gravity. I know for a fact that it only took me 3 minutes to bleed by myself, and absolutely has no air on the line. Best thing & tool that Ive ever seen in the market besides a good Cage!

Jorge............You are a Champ & my Hero!

Notice on the pic how my rotor was & as Im riding it its syncing in or smothing out! I could only Imagine if I had a new rotor & new brakes pads all flat & new with no grooves!! Ill get a new rotor soon for sure since I know now this is my final setup PERIOD!! None the less Best thing Ive ever felt & Imagined when it comes to Hand Brakes!!

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  147.5 KB

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  149.8 KB
Old 02-26-2008, 08:01 PM

Re: HoHey brackets for 4 piston caliper

Oh Yes & what I am refering to when it comes to: If ther Facory built a HB on a bike it would defeneatly be an effortless single finger like this one. Why Because Ive experienced 2 piston calipers on Bikes & it is too much power for the foot brake. The foot brake was designed by engineers to work effortless with your foot pedal & powwer from your leg. Whatever the calculations may be. I do know that they would not use a single or double caliper for a HandBrake. I am sure they would give you more pistons so that it is easier to stop since it is a hand & not a foot with leg pressure. I mean look at the fron Brakes... They give you 2 rotors & 8 pistons since it is more load according to Phtsics & weight Ratio, besides the fact that it was your fingers pulling the lever. If they used as foot brake for the front brakes perhaps they would only use 2 single caliopers on the front considering that you are using your foot to stop & one has more power & leverage. Putting a foot lever to stop the front brakes on dual 4 piston calipers it would be an overkill. They would reduce the amount of Pistons. I am sure. or make the lever way shorter for less leverage of wich it dont make sence therefore letting me to believe it would be less pistons... That my Theory behind it!! Thats All!!
Old 02-26-2008, 08:05 PM
I Love To Post!

Compton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud of

I have this same setup, and I love it. HHD makes some great products

also, why does it look like something has been rubbing your rotor on the outer edge?
Old 02-26-2008, 08:09 PM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Manny
I rocked it in front of my house & wiped out about 10 Seat Stander Circles one finger like Ive never been able to & laughing hard while rocking them because it was so Easy to control & Stall. Im more confident on my Hand Brake now that I am on my foot Brake.
Same here when I 1st tried the original 4 piston setup for the f4i :YEAH

As much as you try to explain it to people, they just don't understand the power and feel that the 4 piston gives, until they ride it for themselves.

Cool to see HoHey's fab'd up the brackets for the 636 riders to enjoy as well. :YEAH
Old 02-26-2008, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Compton82
I have this same setup, and I love it. HHD makes some great products

also, why does it look like something has been rubbing your rotor on the outer edge?
My old brake pads whent down a bit too much!! LOL
Old 02-26-2008, 08:24 PM

skidmark is a decent person

Nice pipe
Old 02-26-2008, 11:10 PM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

love my HoHey dual caliper setup....makes things almost too easy, running an R1 radial now after selling my brembo after having fit getting it to mount where I wanted.....R1 radial feels almost as good and mounts exactly where I want it...perfect combo on my bike!
Old 02-26-2008, 11:20 PM
EXTREME THERAPY

100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough100%_sukkafree is a jewel in the rough

hohey,,,,,,hohey:YEAH :YEAH :YEAH
Old 02-26-2008, 11:45 PM

Larry(STL) is a decent person

hoheys set up is by far the best setup out right now i have the 4 piston on my f4i and the braking power is sick i love it:YEAH
Old 02-27-2008, 12:16 AM

siknotch89 is a decent person

Thats why, if I have to choose between Obama and Hohey...Im going with HOHEY....
Old 02-27-2008, 12:19 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

DURTY has a spectacular aura aboutDURTY has a spectacular aura about

i want one but i already baught my fti adapter with a magura which im sure would be sick with HHD dual caliper............anyone wanna buy a fti adapter still in the box and unused????? half price??? seriously!!!!!!
Old 02-27-2008, 12:23 AM
YUT UGH

Re-Micks is a decent person

looks like this is my next installment
Old 02-27-2008, 01:39 AM

Crash Nash is an unknown quantity at this point

Ho Hey's four piston is the ****...also check out the top triples he makes now. We just put mine on last week and I love it. The fact that I didn't need to lower my front end to install my Vortex clip ons is awesome. Not to mention it looks badass too....Best wishs to Ho Hey and his broken collar bone....too bad he doesn't make a duel brake bracket for his 50...LOL
Old 02-27-2008, 02:20 AM
$$$$$$$

TheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the rough

manny how loud is that exhuast lke that?
Old 02-27-2008, 02:35 AM

Alex Flores is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TheRomanSF415x
manny how loud is that exhuast lke that?
Very loud , I rock miracle ear now thanks to manny, hohey where you at call me back
Old 02-27-2008, 08:46 AM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Crash Nash
...also check out the top triples he makes now.
I want one of those pretty bad....not sure how I'm gonna sneak that one past my old lady while she's pregnant...its like she can smell when I wanna buy somin and comes screaming about how babies are expensive, and maybe lifting the truck or painting my stunt bike should wait, and ......"wa wa wa wa waaa wa wa wa wa wa waw waaa wa, blah blah blah blah blaaaaaah, bla, blah, blah, you ****** BLAH!"
Old 02-27-2008, 08:53 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

yah i want one those hohey tripples for my 05 636 but i havent heard about anyone using em on a ff bike yet so im holding out till i know they dont have any clearance issues.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:18 AM
ROWDY'S WHEELIES

atl freestyle is an unknown quantity at this point

i thought my 4 piston setup was gonna be too much when i put it on, just doing circles and coasters were hard to get used to cause it was so powerful. now that i am used to it, stalling circles are effortless, coasters are a breeze, and i have so much confidence in my braking power even when my brakes are cold. i think i have air in my line somewhere and i am leaving it there on purpose because its so strong
Old 02-27-2008, 09:55 AM

jbstunts is a decent person

yes i just got to ride this weekend with it for the first time and yes it is strong, so strong it took a minute to get used to coasters. and yes stalling it is so easy
Old 02-27-2008, 10:42 AM

OneManArmy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey where should I buy the HoHey dual caliper setup from? Directly from him or do you have to go through somewhere?

Quick Reply: HoHey brackets for 4 piston caliper