HoHey brackets for 4 piston caliper

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 11:37 PM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: HoHey brackets for 4 piston caliper

Originally Posted by DURTY
but ive NEVER even changed the oil on my bike let alone know my bike inside out..........i dont even know wat most bike parts are called or how they work.........thats the truth!!!

dont have time.....so i bring it to the stealer (dealer) or on occassion my mechanic friend will work on my ****...
OMG nooooooooo!!!!!

I can NEVER have anyone besides ME work on my own ****. EVER!!! Besides... half the time I'm tearin into **** out at the spot w/ the tool kit.

I hate doing the work, but man it gives me so much satisfaction and piece of mind knowing I did it for free myself and I know my bike inside and out... and exactly what was touched and what wasn't.

I just had my motor out and apart and very good thing too... I found more than a couple of frayed/almost broken wires and found out my clutch cable was hangin on by threads

If I go over the front at speed cause I missed something it's one thing.... but if it happened and I didn't know why I would be PISSED OFF at someone.

but.... to each his own.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:40 PM
kj

Originally Posted by ALEX
Hohey (jorge) is the man!!, after laggin on him for a while I cant say enough good things. I just tested the regular stock rear double caliper set up and was awsome, cant wait to ride this weekend with the 4 piston I imagine my finger will love it. Unlike manny i like the double h pads for the foot, it was my first time running those this weekend it was real touchy at first but got used to it fast, I will update my adventure's after the 4 piston install.:YEAH :YEAH :YEAH
Bro... you are not going to believe what your finger is telling your brain.... it's THAT good....

Have fun... most exciting thing I've done in a while was try the 4 piston!
Old 03-03-2008, 11:52 PM

Alex Flores is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kj
Bro... you are not going to believe what your finger is telling your brain.... it's THAT good....

Have fun... most exciting thing I've done in a while was try the 4 piston!

I've always liked the dual set up, just never had a chance to have a proper bracket, now that hohey came along and saved me from drowning in lake havenostoppingpower I will be able to have some hand brake fun
Old 03-04-2008, 01:21 AM

o0kawi_boi0o is an unknown quantity at this point

with the hhd bracket do you just change one caliper to the 4 piston caliper ?
Old 03-04-2008, 04:12 AM

SON DOOBY is a decent person

all this Hohey **** made me order one to try for myself....the thing came very quickly...which was good.. except i was expecting a prestine machined bracket, like the pictures on the site show... but mine seemed a little dirty like it had grime smudges in places and in the bolt holes.. is this normal ???cause i feel like i got a used bracket.
Old 03-04-2008, 04:45 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ALEX
I've always liked the dual set up, just never had a chance to have a proper bracket, now that hohey came along and saved me from drowning in lake havenostoppingpower I will be able to have some hand brake fun
now you will never go back to a single caliper ever

the 4 piston is the **** :YEAH
Originally Posted by o0kawi_boi0o
with the hhd bracket do you just change one caliper to the 4 piston caliper ?
you can get the bracket for just a regular dual caliper or the 4 piston setup that uses the right front honda caliper off of a 929/954/f4i/600rr. it is your choice but i am telling you go with the 4 piston set up if you have a Kawi
Old 03-04-2008, 08:36 AM

highjacker is an unknown quantity at this point

i will be getting one for sure, but like you said it was grimey and not new and clean looking. I am an anodizer and I tried to email hhd about doing anodizing for him, be no response. I am pretty sure the brackets are bare aluminum, which will look like **** if you do not polish it all the time. I will def be anodizing mine black or something....depends on my bike color when i get it...lol
Old 03-04-2008, 09:15 AM
kj

Originally Posted by SON DOOBY
all this Hohey **** made me order one to try for myself....the thing came very quickly...which was good.. except i was expecting a prestine machined bracket, like the pictures on the site show... but mine seemed a little dirty like it had grime smudges in places and in the bolt holes.. is this normal ???cause i feel like i got a used bracket.
this dosen't sound like Ho Hey...

He does grease the slide bolt holes on the f4i brackets... don't know if this is what your talking about?
Old 03-04-2008, 09:18 AM

Division1 Ryan is an unknown quantity at this point

I want to run his 4 piston caliper bracket bad, but keep my Full Throttle set up since Bill hooks me up. Just take off the single piston caliper and use the 4 piston for foot and handbrake. Also If Sir hohey would hook some rearsets for my 636, that would be great! Havent had a right rearset since XDL. It sux puttin your foot on the cage all the time.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:44 PM

o0kawi_boi0o is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by suicidl
you can get the bracket for just a regular dual caliper or the 4 piston setup that uses the right front honda caliper off of a 929/954/f4i/600rr. it is your choice but i am telling you go with the 4 piston set up if you have a Kawi
im putting it on the r6 im gonna go head and retire the kawi 750 and get a 636 03-04 later. shoulda got one now because finding a cage for the r6 is killing me. tyger shark said they dont mak it for the 03-05 because the swingarm is hollow and theres no stong bolt on place and it will just mess more things up, but how will another cage work ? ? ?

Last edited by o0kawi_boi0o; 03-04-2008 at 02:47 PM.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:44 PM
F*(K Yut Uggh

287ridah is an unknown quantity at this point

Ordered bracket last thurs/friday recieved Monday. GA to CA...fast.
Won a 954 lever/ss lines/calipers and pads from ebay for $60 shipped. Will report the braking power this weekend. So far it bleed great and feels great.

Old 03-04-2008, 06:09 PM

Manny is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Division1 Ryan
I want to run his 4 piston caliper bracket bad, but keep my Full Throttle set up since Bill hooks me up. Just take off the single piston caliper and use the 4 piston for foot and handbrake. Also If Sir hohey would hook some rearsets for my 636, that would be great! Havent had a right rearset since XDL. It sux puttin your foot on the cage all the time.
Ryan you do not want a 4 piston for your foot brake,,,You dont even want a double piston on your foot brake. Keep the foot single! Just your HB do it double or quadruple piston.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by o0kawi_boi0o
im putting it on the r6 im gonna go head and retire the kawi 750 and get a 636 03-04 later. shoulda got one now because finding a cage for the r6 is killing me. tyger shark said they dont mak it for the 03-05 because the swingarm is hollow and theres no stong bolt on place and it will just mess more things up, but how will another cage work ? ? ?
www.FICages.com They have cages for R6 from 1999 model to 2007.

Here is a link to R6's http://www.freestyleingenuity.com/xc...ome.php?cat=16
Old 03-04-2008, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by 287ridah
Ordered bracket last thurs/friday recieved Monday. GA to CA...fast.
Won a 954 lever/ss lines/calipers and pads from ebay for $60 shipped. Will report the braking power this weekend. So far it bleed great and feels great.

Nice! 60 bucks for the Ebay stuff is a Heck of a Steal!! Good Buy!
Old 03-04-2008, 06:20 PM

Division1 Ryan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Manny
Ryan you do not want a 4 piston for your foot brake,,,You dont even want a double piston on your foot brake. Keep the foot single! Just your HB do it double or quadruple piston.

Well....then I couldnt run my full throttle set up. I would have to take it off and run the stock rear master. Bill would be mad at me.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:13 PM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by kj
OMG nooooooooo!!!!!

I can NEVER have anyone besides ME work on my own ****. EVER!!! Besides... half the time I'm tearin into **** out at the spot w/ the tool kit.

I hate doing the work, but man it gives me so much satisfaction and piece of mind knowing I did it for free myself and I know my bike inside and out... and exactly what was touched and what wasn't.

I just had my motor out and apart and very good thing too... I found more than a couple of frayed/almost broken wires and found out my clutch cable was hangin on by threads

If I go over the front at speed cause I missed something it's one thing.... but if it happened and I didn't know why I would be PISSED OFF at someone.

but.... to each his own.

+1000000000 workin on my own **** builds my confidence 100% even though it sux sometimes and can be very stressfull, i do ALL my own wrenchin and wouldnt want it any other way

Originally Posted by SON DOOBY

who cares, its not chrome its raw aluminum and its gonna get dirty anyway! stop trippin and wipe it off or hoheys gonna start charging more cuz hes gotta clean stuff!!

Last edited by 50slut; 03-04-2008 at 10:02 PM.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:16 PM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough

PLUS the hohey 4 piston bracket could look like a rusted boat anchor and i'd still buy it
Old 03-04-2008, 09:58 PM

Crash Nash is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 50slut
PLUS the hohey 4 piston bracket could look like a rusted boat anchor and i'd still buy it

+1000000000 why the hell would you need a shiny brake bracket anyways
Old 03-04-2008, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Division1 Ryan
Well....then I couldnt run my full throttle set up. I would have to take it off and run the stock rear master. Bill would be mad at me.
I Hear you! You dont need to put the stock master tho. You could use Bills Still!! Just put a Reservoir on the side that goes to the Rear Caliper! Cut a Stock Rubber line & stick the reservoir on one end & Bolt the other end with the Banjo to the master. or just add an extra line & run it to the front for HC No Hand Circs!!

I could show you a pic if you need it!
Old 03-04-2008, 11:09 PM
kj

I can't see Crash Nash's posts because "This user is on your Ignore List."

But I'm assuming it's another Jorge-kiss *** post.... as usual. Name:  nutswing1cg9.gif
Views: 21
Size:  56.9 KB

What I'm wondering is exactly how many "licks" does it take Crash?

Now don't get me wrong, I love HHD parts.... but Jesus ****** christ man LAY OFF THE GUYS NUTS ALREADY.

Quick Reply: HoHey brackets for 4 piston caliper