HoHey brackets for 4 piston caliper

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 05:15 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold
Re: HoHey brackets for 4 piston caliper

Originally Posted by Re-Micks
damn you wasted no time at all, you running it with the 16x18? not too much power?
Me + Ho Hey = Sponsor

yes 16 x 18 Brembo and the 4 piston is greeeeeeat. i let Bubash and Aaron Colton ride it and they both liked it
Old 02-28-2008, 06:58 AM

J-Boogie is a decent person

I wonder If HoHey will just design a Dual caliper setup thats made to hold the 4 piston caliper instead of adding the heavier piece on to the original dual caliper?
Old 02-28-2008, 07:14 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by J-Boogie
I wonder If HoHey will just design a Dual caliper setup thats made to hold the 4 piston caliper instead of adding the heavier piece on to the original dual caliper?
he added that so every one would not have to spend 200 to replace the original bracket with the 4 piston. i think it is great because you can choose if you want to run the kawi caliper or go big and run the 4 piston :YEAH

plus it would be the same because you would have that anyway. it would be 1 piece but it would still come out that far to hold the 4 piston

Last edited by Suicidl; 02-28-2008 at 07:16 AM.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:38 AM
ROWDY'S WHEELIES

atl freestyle is an unknown quantity at this point

this is the MINOR problem i ran into when setting up my hohey top tripple for my 636: with the tripple tree made to put the clipons on top, i ran into a slight clearance issue with my vortex clipons setup. when i put it all together my turning radius wasnt so good. my bars would hit the top of the fairing stay ( i have a johnny p stay). i had this first setup with my clipons turned all the way out, that doesnt mean i couldnt turn them in some to get more clearance. another solution to this problem is johnny p makes 2 kinds of stays. a regular one and one cut down shorter. he asked me this numerous times thru pm's which one i wanted, and i had just spent a lot of money on my sharkskinz and wanted to cut as little of the fairng off possible so i went with the regular one. and if i ever wanted the fairing stay shorter i could go get it cut down and rewelded. then i would no doubt run the hohey top tripple with little clearance issues.

johnny p makes the best fairing stay i have EVER seen. so pretty much the best combo with the hohey top tripple with vortex clipons is the cut down johnny p or a stock stay.........i wonder what your choice would be lol.

so go buy HHD he rocks and I know it because that's what my home boys best buddy in the world lost brother Crash Nash says!!!
Old 02-28-2008, 09:04 AM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by atl freestyle

johnny p makes the best fairing stay i have EVER seen. so pretty much the best combo with the hohey top tripple with vortex clipons is the cut down johnny p
+1

This is what I did on my f4i... just cut down the windscreen support a lil shorter... now I have full lock to lock w/ clip-ons turned out WIDE.

HHD **** is top quality, as is Johnny P stays You cannot get any better than that combo.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:47 PM

Manny is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scott-
well this is going to be my next purchase anyone what to buy my old ho hey bracket j/k
You use the Same Old Bracket! You just add the adapter for 50 bucks...
Old 03-01-2008, 06:55 PM

Anyone else Owns one & has any Input??
Old 03-01-2008, 07:07 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

DURTY has a spectacular aura aboutDURTY has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Manny
i did some research about it and its pretty high maintenance,.....dont get me wrong i really want one but i dont want the hassle that comes with it like finding and buying a 4 piston the riding for a week then taking of the caliper and grinding the pads with the braking surface..............i dont mind paying but i do mind working.........like i would pay more but i would like the kit to come with the caliper and the pads to already be shaved.............too much of a hassle for me at the moment, i wanna pay instal and play
Old 03-03-2008, 12:33 AM

Crash Nash is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by atl freestyle

so go buy HHD he rocks and I know it because that's what my home boys best buddy in the world lost brother Crash Nash says!!!

Thats a good reason to buy anything
Old 03-03-2008, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by DURTY
i did some research about it and its pretty high maintenance,.....dont get me wrong i really want one but i dont want the hassle that comes with it like finding and buying a 4 piston the riding for a week then taking of the caliper and grinding the pads with the braking surface..............i dont mind paying but i do mind working.........like i would pay more but i would like the kit to come with the caliper and the pads to already be shaved.............too much of a hassle for me at the moment, i wanna pay instal and play
True that! Personal Preference there! I dont mind getting a bit dirty every once in a while, On that Subject tho what I did is I just put them on Anyways with no grinding. I figured by the time that thosse pads were to touch together they would be almost out anyways... At least past Halph ways gone. It should take Months & Mothns to wear out anyways besides there is way more pads therefore lasting longer than stock setup pads. And since it is only the HB & I Use the Foot Brake a lot It wont be getting used that much since the foot brakes are on a different set all together! By the time they were to touch together Ill replace the suckers!!
Old 03-03-2008, 08:22 PM

True that! Personal Preference there! I dont mind getting a bit dirty every once in a while, On that Subject tho what I did is I just put them on Anyways with no grinding. I figured by the time that thosse pads were to touch together they would be almost out anyways... At least past Halph ways gone. It should take Months & Mothns to wear out anyways besides there is way more pads therefore lasting longer than stock setup pads. And since it is only the HB & I Use the Foot Brake a lot It wont be getting used that much since the foot brakes are on a different set all together! By the time they were to touch together Ill replace the suckers!!
how bout i get the single dual set up is that good enough or its MUCH better with 4 piston???
Old 03-03-2008, 09:32 PM

how bout i get the single dual set up is that good enough or its MUCH better with 4 piston???
Ok...If you run a dual setup...It will be the same as stock...

Its a different caliper but yet it is still a single piston that you are trying to stop the bike with still; just a different position... Now what makes a difference is running a dual setup with stock pads on foot Brake & Double H's on The HB caliper. I Personally Hate Double H's & they did kinda Ruined my rotor at one point & time while I was testing them on the dual setup. You just cant go wrong with the Power of 4 pistons. It is still not as powwerfull as the front brakes since in the front they have 8 pistons but you defeneatly feel the control kinda like on the front brakes. Just cause you have 8 pistons dont mean your going to go over on an endo because its too powerfull... In the other hand it is very easy to control your brakes & Lock them if you wanted to on endos. You could get it to the point & roll right? It dont mean your going over...Same with the 4 piston setup...It is defeneatly better But not touchy Dangerous Strong....
Old 03-03-2008, 09:39 PM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough

the dual caliper setup is the ****, im running it with a 06 R1 master and i love it. as far as grinding the pads goes, i do the same as Manny and many others do. i dont even bother with it by the time their touching its time to replace anyway!!!!!!! i think hohey included grinding the pads info to cover his *** for the wunna be stunners or people who buy stuff 2 put on their bike just cuz everyone else has it. if you stunt you know your bike well and work on it and maintain it! well most of us anyway........ the 4 piston caliper is easier to change pads in than any other caliper ive seen, remove 2 allen head bolts, pull old pads out ,drop new pads in, put 2 bolts in and done.

Last edited by 50slut; 03-03-2008 at 09:44 PM.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:08 PM

dmcfreestyledevin is an unknown quantity at this point

I have had both brackets...the two single piston calipers and the new and improved 4 piston, and the 4 piston is unbelievable!!!! It gives a whole new meaning to having power at your finger tips. This is the must have handbrake setup for your bike. If there is one area on a stunt bike that you shouldn't slack on its the handbrake. And this is ultimately the best setup out there period. Just like Manny says.....there is no way to describe how good it works until you try it for yourself. So if you dont have one GO BUY ONE!!!!lol
Old 03-03-2008, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by 50slut
the dual caliper setup is the ****, im running it with a 06 R1 master and i love it. as far as grinding the pads goes, i do the same as Manny and many others do. i dont even bother with it by the time their touching its time to replace anyway!!!!!!! i think hohey included grinding the pads info to cover his *** for the wunna be stunners or people who buy stuff 2 put on their bike just cuz everyone else has it. if you stunt you know your bike well and work on it and maintain it! well most of us anyway........ the 4 piston caliper is easier to change pads in than any other caliper ive seen, remove 2 allen head bolts, pull old pads out ,drop new pads in, put 2 bolts in and done.

Old 03-03-2008, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by 895.0notch
I have had both brackets...the two single piston calipers and the new and improved 4 piston, and the 4 piston is unbelievable!!!! It gives a whole new meaning to having power at your finger tips. This is the must have handbrake setup for your bike. If there is one area on a stunt bike that you shouldn't slack on its the handbrake. And this is ultimately the best setup out there period. Just like Manny says.....there is no way to describe how good it works until you try it for yourself. So if you dont have one GO BUY ONE!!!!lol
hahahaha
Old 03-03-2008, 10:30 PM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough

if you bought the new full throttle set up it might take you 16.5 hours to bleed it not to mention where your gonna hide all the lines and cables on it and all the zip ties your gonna use
OR
you can buy the hohey setup get on ebay and buy a honda caliper "buy now" for $15 and it should take ya about 1 hour to compleatly install,setup and bleed and your riding
which is more high maintenance????????????
Old 03-03-2008, 10:32 PM

Crash Nash is an unknown quantity at this point

if you bought the new full throttle set up it might take you 16.5 hours to bleed it not to mention where your gonna hide all the lines and cables on it and all the zip ties your gonna use
OR
you can buy the hohey setup get on ebay and buy a honda caliper "buy now" for $15 and it should take ya about 1 hour to compleatly install,setup and bleed and your riding
+10000000000000000000000000000000000000
Old 03-03-2008, 11:11 PM

OR
werd!!!
if you stunt you know your bike well and work on it and maintain it! well most of us anyway........ .
truth is im NOT a poser stunna but ive NEVER even changed the oil on my bike let alone know my bike inside out..........i dont even know wat most bike parts are called or how they work.........thats the truth!!!

dont have time.....so i bring it to the stealer (dealer) or on occassion my mechanic friend will work on my **** but i never do, i just make wheelies thats it!!!
Old 03-03-2008, 11:28 PM

Alex Flores is an unknown quantity at this point

Hohey (jorge) is the man!!, after laggin on him for a while I cant say enough good things. I just tested the regular stock rear double caliper set up and was awsome, cant wait to ride this weekend with the 4 piston I imagine my finger will love it. Unlike manny i like the double h pads for the foot, it was my first time running those this weekend it was real touchy at first but got used to it fast, I will update my adventure's after the 4 piston install.:YEAH :YEAH :YEAH

Quick Reply: HoHey brackets for 4 piston caliper