brake fulid??

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 02:19 PM

killswitch12283 can only hope to improve
brake fulid??

Valvaline synthetic, power of dot 3 and dot 4 in one, anyone have any feedback on this ****? Good, Bad??? THx
Old 02-26-2008, 02:37 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: brake fulid??

The best brake fluid from what I've heard is the Motul RBF600. Has a higher boiling point so you wont get brake fade. I dont know about the fluid you're talking about but I know a lot of people use Motul.
Old 02-26-2008, 02:37 PM

Nine54f4i is a decent person

Ok im to lazy to run out in the garage but if it's the stuff in the gold bottle. It is what i have running for about a year now and i love it even it long lot sessions with 3.5k - 4k idle havent had the brake fade out at all.
Old 02-26-2008, 02:47 PM

Aaron Colton is an unknown quantity at this point

I would personally recommend EBC RBF307 or Motorex Dot 4. They both have extremely high boiling points.

-Aaron
Old 02-26-2008, 02:54 PM
www.sicriders.com

SIC Nate is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been using the Valvoline Synthetic that you speak of since day 1...works great. I have never had brake fade or any other failure due to that fluid. The Motul 600 stuff is better, but the Valvoline works fine and has a high boiling point as well as easy to find in large quantity for lower price. (walmart has it)
Old 02-26-2008, 03:11 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

DURTY has a spectacular aura aboutDURTY has a spectacular aura about

Motul 600 = 24 hour stunt sessions no brake fade wats so ever **** cheaper put motul600 getting brake fade at the wrong moment can really **** u up trust me!!!!!!!

Motul 600 :YEAH
Old 02-26-2008, 03:23 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by DURTY
Motul 600 = 24 hour stunt sessions no brake fade wats so ever **** cheaper put motul600 getting brake fade at the wrong moment can really **** u up trust me!!!!!!!

Motul 600 :YEAH
Like your 04 highway crash. Looked fucked up. Do you got video of the whole crash? As soon as you went back the camera man was like oh **** and thats all.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:25 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

ive run valvoline synth in every bike ive had and never any issues.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:28 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

DURTY has a spectacular aura aboutDURTY has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
Like your 04 highway crash. Looked fucked up. Do you got video of the whole crash? As soon as you went back the camera man was like oh **** and thats all.
thats exactly wat i was refering to

nah the camera man was a ***** and got more scared then the bitch in the car!!!
Old 02-26-2008, 03:32 PM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by DURTY
thats exactly wat i was refering to

nah the camera man was a ***** and got more scared then the bitch in the car!!!
That sucks. That would have been nice to catch on tape since it was happening anyway. ****** ***** camera man
Old 02-26-2008, 04:13 PM

live361 is an unknown quantity at this point

i know all about brake fade at the wrong time

Name:  182087.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  40.8 KB

Name:  182101.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  51.8 KB

under 20mph im real good at bleading brakes now
Old 02-26-2008, 04:34 PM

Afflicted is an unknown quantity at this point

holy **** what the **** happend?
Old 02-26-2008, 04:54 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

holy chewed up hand.............
Old 02-26-2008, 05:12 PM
use code "handy" 4 magura

stuntsteel is a decent person

holy ****... did that go thru the sprocket or something?

Old 02-26-2008, 05:42 PM
NealFoReal

Did you have gloves on? Dammmm that sucks.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:43 PM
NealFoReal

Dam your pinky looks severed. Did you get it sewed back on or are you without a pinky now?
Old 02-26-2008, 07:42 PM

well my research has shown that all brake systems are going to gain a bit of water within 3 months, which means boiling point drops to about 280 anyways, then the boiling water turns to steam which evaporates, in turn you end up with an air pocket= brake fade at the wrong time. Ive never exprienced this, ever. But if you hit the streets once in a while and you are on your brake like you do in the lot, your **** going to heat up regardless, hard to go from idle brake control to engine + brake control
Old 02-26-2008, 07:44 PM

im calling bullshit on live361, look at the pic, that guy is wearing blue slacks, with a pretty decent belt, i dont stunt in **** like that, my guess, rotten.com looks like a machinist fucked up his hand at work, my guess
Old 02-26-2008, 07:55 PM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by killswitch12283
im calling bullshit on live361, look at the pic, that guy is wearing blue slacks, with a pretty decent belt, i dont stunt in **** like that, my guess, rotten.com looks like a machinist fucked up his hand at work, my guess
Unless the sprocket or the cage were involved... thats not from the road alone.

And one more vote for the MOTUL RBF 600 :YEAH Best **** out there right now.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:07 PM

Afflicted is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by killswitch12283
not sayin it is or isnt him, but in the pick with the belt and slacks his hand is stitched up and put back together so it could just be a shot after they fixed it up so its not like those were the clothes he would have been riding in

but im not saying it is or isnt either way cuz hell if i know

Quick Reply: brake fulid??