Risers or 0 Degree clipons

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 01:51 PM

ryan34 is a decent person
Risers or 0 Degree clipons

Alright people, I am new to the stunt world and getting my bike "stunt" ready. I have came to a fork in the road so asking some O.G.'s advice. Since i never riden a bike with the F.I. 0 Degree clipons or the risers and db bars i ask you guys. Which ones do you guys think would be better for me to start learning on. I know its just getting out there and doing it but i feel strongly about this helping me 100 percent. Alright, so let me know what you all think. Please no BASHING!
Old 02-19-2008, 01:57 PM

kosi28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Risers or 0 Degree clipons

Well it always depends on what your comfortable with (and you'll hear this alot) Peolpe that grew up riding dirt bikes usally like BD bars because thats what they're used to. And those who havent grown up on them like the 0 degree bars or stock clip-on flipped and switched. Again its all on what is comfortable to you but if your new it's more than likey gonna come down to whatever you get fisrt thats what you'll get used to and thats what you'll like IMO!!!!!!! I run stock clip-ons flipped works great for me!!!

Last edited by kosi28; 02-19-2008 at 02:34 PM.
Old 02-19-2008, 02:05 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

aftermarket clip ons like vortex or woodcraft flipped and switched will give you the same benefits of dirtbike bars without making your bike look like ****(imo) and no need to drill your tripple or spend money on an aftermarket or having to buy longer brake lines and reroute cables. i ran dirtbars on my gsxr and it was fun for a bit but really it was uncomfortable for certain tricks because the bars were up in my chest. all in all dirt bars arent really necessary but if you think theyre comfortable then go for it, id recomend just some flipped clip ons. i use my stock 636 clip ons flipped. and when i say flipped i mean u take the right clip on and flip it over and put it on the left fork and vice versa so it creates a slight up swing. some ppl dont like the upswing so they go with FI zero degree clip ons.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:52 PM
FTP

classic customs is a decent person

if your just starting don't do anything. just go out and ride try a few things and it want take you long to start knowing what you want. just my opinion i would flip the stock ones. or just get the vortex 0 degree
Old 02-22-2008, 07:58 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by classic customs
if your just starting don't do anything. just go out and ride try a few things and it want take you long to start knowing what you want. just my opinion i would flip the stock ones. or just get the vortex 0 degree
vortex are 7 degree. FI are 0 degree.
Old 02-22-2008, 08:03 PM

Nine54f4i is a decent person

Like everyone else says its all a matter of opinion. I have rode both and still dont know what i like more. My only suggestion is if you do get DB bars get the lowest bars you can find ... Like the pro taper contour bars. i think the Carmicheals and 1 other bar are the lowest bars they make.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:25 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

i've ran fi zero degree bars for years now.....dirtbike bars are for some people, NOT me.....i ran them on my old 900rr back in the day so i could fit in with all the other stunt riders......i hated them from day one...
Old 02-22-2008, 11:06 PM

gsxr"d is a decent person

FI 0's 4 sure
Old 02-23-2008, 03:47 AM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

clipons are cool because you can adjust em however you want. db cost way too much time/money to setup. on a f4i you run them ontop of the tripple anyway so clipons feel alot better than on other bikes.
Old 02-23-2008, 04:11 AM

spoondogg is a decent person

its all about how they feel to you. i like dirt bars cuz i've rode dirt bikes my whole life, and i still do almost as much if not more than i stunt, but i like them mostly cuz the come up much more than clip ons
Old 02-23-2008, 05:39 PM

DrasticDan is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok this is something im feel very strong about.

0 Degree clip on's is what i use.

Unless you plan on taking that thing off some pretty sweet jumps!
Old 02-23-2008, 06:30 PM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough

its rider preferance. i've ran both and have come to like db bars a bit better but it will cost more to set up db bars