Finally happened: Flipped an endo!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2003, 12:38 AM

Boughetto is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Finally happened: Flipped an endo!

Yep, always read about it, now I can tell you 1st hand. Out w/my friend, practcing everything. Trying to roll stoppies, was going 40-45mph, threw it in N, down to 40mph, up she came, not rolling. As I'm up, I think to myself "Nice one", then I felt myself going over. Bike only landed on my left foot, nothing broken, just real sore.

I think what I did wrong was I held onto the front brake intead of letting go while I was up? Any input would be great. Oh ya, thanks to CBROrange's frame sliders, all my rearsets and plastics are mint. My mirror, and front are a different story
Old 06-13-2003, 06:04 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Darkmind is a decent person
I feel yuor pain bro, did the same thing about 3 weeks agao, and then ate it really bad yestarday, check this out! no pics yat though, there comeing soon.

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/sho...threadid=21417
Old 06-13-2003, 08:44 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Papa Kev is an unknown quantity at this point
Finally? You say that like you expected it. I never think about crashing, I just do it....lol! Glad you're ok. Don't waste your time putting it in "N" thats just one more thing to make you loose focus. Glad you're OK!
Old 06-13-2003, 09:01 AM

hayez is an unknown quantity at this point
im imagining you at 40mph hitting the front brake and just flipping right over.... ..good to hear your ok...your bikes getting pretty crunchy now huh? ease off next time j/k
Old 06-13-2003, 09:54 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
Did you get it on video?
Old 06-13-2003, 10:10 AM

Ya, I'll just leave it in gear next time. What I did was ease on the brake, and it just started coming higher and higher. No video

Best part my friend was on his phone and he goes "Oh ****, I gotta go"
Old 06-13-2003, 02:39 PM
Regular StuntLifer

2fast4you is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking better then some of my "friends"

Well at least he got off the phone for ya
Old 06-13-2003, 03:14 PM
Lb3

Lb3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by hayez
im imagining you at 40mph hitting the front brake and just flipping right over.... ..good to hear your ok...your bikes getting pretty crunchy now huh? ease off next time j/k
Man.. I saw that **** about a month back!! My friend just learned how to do stoppies on an 02 katana. In just a couple hours, he was rolling the cleanest stoppies I have ever seen anyone do with so little practice. He was stabbin the brake at around 40ish and pulling it real close if not right to the balance point (the bp looks soooo high on the tuna too) and rolling them about 80 feet. No bullshit. A couple times when he was real high up there, he hit the brake a little too hard and it looked like he was going to flip and everyone was like, man, that dude is gonna crash.. Well, the next one he did, he just grabbed a hand full of brake at 40ish and didnt roll it or anything, just flipped straight the hell over and that heavy *** katuna landed right on his upper back/head. Cracked his helmet wide open. He and the bike fared well, he just had a slight concussion and the bike got a small dent in the tank. I wish I had that on video.
Old 06-13-2003, 05:54 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person
GLAD TO SEE THE SLIDERS WORKED OUT FOR YA!!!!!

SUCKS THAT YOUR CRASHED....HOPE YOUR FOOT FEELS BETTER SOON....LET OFF THE BRAKE NEXT TIME!!!
Old 06-13-2003, 06:11 PM

TEDDY.B is an unknown quantity at this point
i went over twice crossed up. once regular because of a tankslapper. glad your ok, better get right back at it before your spooked!...TED
Old 06-13-2003, 07:24 PM

hayez is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Lb3
Man.. I saw that **** about a month back!! My friend just learned how to do stoppies on an 02 katana. In just a couple hours, he was rolling the cleanest stoppies I have ever seen anyone do with so little practice. He was stabbin the brake at around 40ish and pulling it real close if not right to the balance point (the bp looks soooo high on the tuna too) and rolling them about 80 feet. No bullshit. A couple times when he was real high up there, he hit the brake a little too hard and it looked like he was going to flip and everyone was like, man, that dude is gonna crash.. Well, the next one he did, he just grabbed a hand full of brake at 40ish and didnt roll it or anything, just flipped straight the hell over and that heavy *** katuna landed right on his upper back/head. Cracked his helmet wide open. He and the bike fared well, he just had a slight concussion and the bike got a small dent in the tank. I wish I had that on video.
Old 06-13-2003, 07:32 PM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point
you'll be alright, hop back on. glad to hear your ok though.

this is exactly why i don't do stoppies to a complete stop. i like to land and roll them out but most new guys think it's easier to drag hte brake and at the last minute pull the rear up and come to a complete stop. Then they end up falling over or whatever. try rolling it out, the rear should come up at 40mph then if it starts getting high when you let off hte brake the rear goes down and you ride off ok.
Old 06-13-2003, 07:38 PM

smb123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Leaving it in gear is okay if you are cool with fixing your tranny....
Old 06-13-2003, 08:06 PM

F4iErock is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Lb3
Old 06-14-2003, 12:51 AM

Originally posted by binder929rr
you'll be alright, hop back on. glad to hear your ok though.

this is exactly why i don't do stoppies to a complete stop. i like to land and roll them out but most new guys think it's easier to drag hte brake and at the last minute pull the rear up and come to a complete stop. Then they end up falling over or whatever. try rolling it out, the rear should come up at 40mph then if it starts getting high when you let off hte brake the rear goes down and you ride off ok.
I still havent actually rolled 1 yet, thats what I was trying to do. So go about 40, and grab the brake and it should roll? Or like I did when I flipped, at 40mph, slowly, gradually bring up the rear, then let go off the brake completely?
Old 06-14-2003, 02:43 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Damn, cant believe I missed this thread.. I was out tonight and Robyn told me about... Glad you're all right.. Flipping a stoppie a HUGE fear of mine. I've seen so many good friends flip right in front of me. Or right on me in Ice's case.

Now that your bike is crunchy, can I 12 it?
Old 06-14-2003, 02:58 AM

Princess600 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by nags
Damn, cant believe I missed this thread.. I was out tonight and Robyn told me about... Glad you're all right.. Flipping a stoppie a HUGE fear of mine. I've seen so many good friends flip right in front of me. Or right on me in Ice's case.

I hope your foot is feeling better hun!!

And Nags.....stop trying to 12 everyone's bike!!!!
Old 06-14-2003, 10:34 AM

Originally posted by nags

If I didnt want my tail scraped ya! Ya, I'm a little skertchy on doing stoppies now, but oh well, I will probably try them again tomorrow AM B4 work. And my sitdowns
Old 06-14-2003, 03:51 PM

2 block shakur is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah i plipped my bicycle last night in a stoppie also went right over and landed on my back no stoppin just strait up and over i laughed so hard and just thanked god it wasnt my RR.
Old 06-14-2003, 05:25 PM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point
ok, get up your speed about 40, then lean forward and start grabbing brake and you gotta pull kinda hard at first and you'll feel the rear come up. once it comes up you can let some of the brake pressure off. the first time you start doing this you'll probably lift hte rear then drop it cause you'll let off hte brake totally. it's normal, you just gotta get used to how much brake pressure your bike needs. just work into it slow.

flipping my stoppie at 80 hurt like a **** nad i'm soooo glad that the 12 bar didn't come down and brake my back. that's what i worry about. that's the bad part about stoppies, you mess up and the bike is coming at you, wheelies at least you fall backwards and the bike is in front of you instead of behidn you coming fast.

Quick Reply: Finally happened: Flipped an endo!