SI cage problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 04:01 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light
Re: SI cage problem

ok im gonna just go ahead and say it, ive had 3 SI cages on 3 diff bikes not to mention put a couple on friends bikes and if ur having alot of trouble putting a SI cage on then youre a ******* idiot and should quit riding....
Old 02-14-2008, 04:41 PM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
ok im gonna just go ahead and say it, ive had 3 SI cages on 3 diff bikes not to mention put a couple on friends bikes and if ur having alot of trouble putting a SI cage on then youre a ******* idiot and should quit riding....

I was thinkin the same although i didn't wanna say it... (i'd been being a major douche on here as of late).

But yea... +1 they're really not THAT hard to do... even bent up used ones.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:55 PM

NOTORIOUS1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kid squid
I was gonna actually gonna order a powers 2marrow, as well with there sub cage. so ur saying its a bad idea?
Powers suck, in my opinion. I broke a weld on one it that says anything.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:04 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS1
Powers suck, in my opinion. I broke a weld on one it that says anything.
i hope u dont think that 905 is gonna be any better....
Old 02-14-2008, 06:33 PM

Afflicted is an unknown quantity at this point

i mean i got the cage on now i just jammed a flathead in there, but im a ******* idiot cuz i couldnt get it on? the cage was bent when they heated the welds ian said it himself so its not like it was simply just tighten the other side bolt because it would just spin the left side, and i couldnt get a socket in there so i dont know how that makes me an idiot??

it wasnt like i had a problem understanding how to put a cage on, or mis-understanding the directions, ive had FI, and two tygershark cages

im not trying to come across mean or hateful, but im curious on how im an idiot?
Old 02-14-2008, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Afflicted
i mean i got the cage on now i just jammed a flathead in there, but im a ******* idiot cuz i couldnt get it on? the cage was bent when they heated the welds ian said it himself so its not like it was simply just tighten the other side bolt because it would just spin the left side, and i couldnt get a socket in there so i dont know how that makes me an idiot??

it wasnt like i had a problem understanding how to put a cage on, or mis-understanding the directions, ive had FI, and two tygershark cages

im not trying to come across mean or hateful, but im curious on how im an idiot?
it wasnt really directed to you..
Old 02-14-2008, 06:55 PM

i hope u dont think that 905 is gonna be any better....
no i haven't had 905's for like three years. that was the first cage i ever bought. can't say anything bad about it, but not impressed either. my opinion is SI is the **** (best).
Old 02-14-2008, 07:01 PM

on_thegas is an unknown quantity at this point

didnt like the strap idea? im glad you got it on either way dude :YEAH
Old 02-14-2008, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS1
no i haven't had 905's for like three years. that was the first cage i ever bought. can't say anything bad about it, but not impressed either. my opinion is SI is the **** (best).
yah i was just lookin at ur avatar, 905 was my 1st cage as well and it handled pretty well although i didnt drop it real hard and had it reinforced cuz i had seen other guys welds break real easily on em.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:22 PM

it wasnt really directed to you..
oh alright, i didnt think so but was just curious if it did because i couldnt get it on

but its on now, that flathead i used is fucked now though
Old 02-14-2008, 10:14 PM

PeterNoggin is a decent person

Thems fightin' words

Old 02-14-2008, 10:44 PM

gofastcrazy is a decent person

i had the same issue with the si cage on my f4i ,the right side fit perfect,but the left side was resting half way on the frame insted of in the rear motor mount hole.me and ian are working it out as we speak.that dude picks up the phone alot around the shop to be the boss.thanks for all the help bro.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:58 PM
NY636

ny636 is a decent person

I had same issue and I wedged it on.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:17 PM

yah i was just lookin at ur avatar, 905 was my 1st cage as well and it handled pretty well although i didnt drop it real hard and had it reinforced cuz i had seen other guys welds break real easily on em.
I didn't have a problem with any breaks, but they bent pretty bad...same with powers then they finally broke. I didn't have the powers by choice though they came with the bike. Like I said im sold on sick cages i have their subframe cage and its kick ***. I have also put sick cages on a couple of my buddies bikes they are super strong.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by on_thegas
didnt like the strap idea? im glad you got it on either way dude :YEAH
well i had already got the cage on after i read yours, so i didnt try it out but everything should be done being painted soon so when i put them back on and change my oil ill give it a try and see if it works out better/easier
Old 02-15-2008, 02:49 AM

on_thegas is an unknown quantity at this point

well i had already got the cage on after i read yours, so i didnt try it out but everything should be done being painted soon so when i put them back on and change my oil ill give it a try and see if it works out better/easier

dats cool man...i tried getn it up there quick enough for ya