The New Full Throttle Handbrake Report!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 09:36 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough
The New Full Throttle Handbrake Report!

Since the last thread on the new Full Throttle Inc handbrake system was a bunch of bs, I thought I'd post my own experience installing the new system as well as a little feedback.

I included some pics as well....

I read the instructions twice and then followed them precisely as they stated. I didn't have any problem getting fluid to run through the whole system within 30 minutes of opening my package from Bill. I found it pretty easy to route my lines from the rear master, up to the FT master on the forks, and then back to the rear caliper.

The one suggestion that I will make is to run your lines and mount the remote master BEFORE you start bleeding the system. I started bleeding and when I was done I had to take the lines off the system in order to mount it in a position that would be unrestricted. Other than that, I had no problems.

After I remounted the system and routed the lines where I wanted, I re-bled the FT master and the rear caliper. I had pressure for sure, but there was definately air in the lines, so I bled the system three or four times per available bleed point from the rear master up to the remote master and back to the rear caliper. It felt better but was still spongy so I took a few laps around the neighborhood using the brakes and trying to pump them up; and then I re-bled the FT master at the bleeder valve 2 times and the brake was right there....pretty much just like the instructions said.

The strength of the hb system is great! I have it on the 2nd easiest setting and I could stall the bike out with the clutch out no problem with a squeeze of one finger.

I haven't done any wheelies with the hb because I haven't even ridden the bike and I was in my neighborhood, but I clutched up a few sitdowns and the foot brake was great and the hb worked instantly afterwards (in a straight line) without any pump or lag. I'm super stoked to be able to try this thing tommorrow and will report my feedback.

I don't have everything setup completely right now. In the pics, things are a little tight. I'm either going to slide the remote master down the left fork tube more or relocate it to the right forktube (keep in mind it was late on the west coast when I was doing this!) The clutch lever is stock bc I need new clutch cables to mount an ez pull. The hb lever that Bill sent me is great and will work perfectly with an ez pull. From the looks of it, you will be able to get the clutch/hb really close together...much easier than a brembo/ezpull.

So, in the end, I'm really stoked about this product! It was easy to install and clearly already is superior in performance to the brembo/FT/ezpull system I've used before. You can adjust the strength of the handbrake very easily with only an allen wrench, and you can also install more than one hb on your bike...although that's not my style.

Here are the pics, not great; but i'll get some more posted when I ride the bike and relocate the remote master.

The introductory price right now is $300 and I'm pretty sure that they are going to jump to around $400 within a short period of time. I've used dual caliper as well as Brembo/Full Throttle adapter/ezpull (with the FT master being what I've used for 4 years now) and I'm not sure you can even get any of those setups for $300...maybe, but I guarantee they won't work as well as this setup, or have the versatility.

This is certainly a new age in the HB world and I can't wait to see what some of you crazy fools are going to do with the possibilities this thing enables!!

Thanks Bill!!!!!!! www.FullThrottleInc.net

That's my first hand experience with the new setup, here are the pics:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	cockpit.jpg
Views:	508
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	206042   Click image for larger version

Name:	clutch hb setup.jpg
Views:	613
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	206043   Click image for larger version

Name:	hb master close.jpg
Views:	491
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	206044   Click image for larger version

Name:	reverse cockpit.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	206045   Click image for larger version

Name:	swingarm and sprocket.jpg
Views:	571
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	206046  

Old 02-08-2008, 09:48 PM

krazykyle85 is a decent person
Re: The New Full Throttle Handbrake Report!

sickness.. i seen the setup on brittons bike when i was at his new shop an i was there when he was testn his new bikes setup... he says its good stuff.. next time i need a HB setup.. im tryn this sheot hahaha
Old 02-08-2008, 10:23 PM

Bubash is an unknown quantity at this point

Is there a rim behind that sprocket?
Old 02-08-2008, 10:24 PM
www.TheXtremeShow.com

FrankieG is an unknown quantity at this point

Chris, What happened to the belt drive system on the bmw???

LOL

AWESOME!! I'm glad they have a chain system because the belts snap often!
Old 02-08-2008, 10:30 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Looks good. Can't wait to try one out.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:34 PM

Bubash is an unknown quantity at this point

I got the www.Fullthrottleinc.net adapter and it works great but i might have to try it.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:51 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

the site is kinda eh to nav through....
Old 02-08-2008, 10:52 PM

fat_sac has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I helped someone put one on an R6 today and have to agree that it would be wise to route the lines and mount the remote master before you lock all the line down. We ended up having to get fairly creative with the lines afterwards. The thing works awesome tho...better than the foot brake from what I saw.
Old 02-08-2008, 10:57 PM

skidmark is a decent person

Nice bike. I wanna hear more when you get to really ride with it. Looks like a good design
Old 02-08-2008, 11:34 PM

ParkeRR is a decent person

Staying on topic is appreciated... thanks.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:38 PM

Josh Faught is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ParkeRR
Staying on topic is appreciated... thanks.
Its stuntlife.....nothing every stays on topic.......

That setup looks pretty tight though i would like to try it out
Old 02-09-2008, 12:05 AM
Jim CrashoBazzi

imafrogg420 is a decent person

first cool lets keep this thread on track cus the last two went to ****.

and Thank you teach for the detailed review alot of us were waiting for a creditable review before buying.

I can't wait to hear how it is once you get out and give it a good using.

And I hope he doesn't increase the price. I think he would sell alot more with it at 295.

cus 400 is just to much to spend on a HB for me. I can buy a used brembo setup off of someone all day for 200ish
Old 02-09-2008, 12:32 AM

Nick Apex is a decent person

Originally Posted by imafrogg420
first cool lets keep this thread on track cus the last two went to ****.

and Thank you teach for the detailed review alot of us were waiting for a creditable review before buying.

And I hope he doesn't increase the price. I think he would sell alot more with it at 295.

cus 400 is just to much to spend on a HB for me. I can buy a used brembo setup off of someone all day for 200ish
Used VS New
Good VS Better

And one you can damage in a crash and the other you cant. Bills new product is the super good. I just like knowing if I wad *** and smash the left side everything I'm just replacing 2 clutch levers not a 150-300 master.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:40 AM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by imafrogg420

Key words here to keep in mind....

NO disrespect to Teach.... but remember, he IS sponsored by FTI.

We've all had this discussion in the past... you ARE NOT going to get a 100% honest, no punches pulled review on a product from a rider that is sponsored by the company that puts it out. And yes I AM the sponsor POLICE!!

Plain and simple... no arguments... that's the truth.

When Teach does a full test and write up on it, yes I will pay some attention to it, but I would not take it as "the definitive info thread" or "word of god" lol.

If the thing happens to suck (which I'm sure it won't), do you expect a sponsored rider to come out and say that it sucks in a public forum???

To get real world info we need a bunch of nobody, average Joes (who already have and know how to use a HB properly), to give input on the pro's and con's compared to setups that are currently available....

And I can't understand why we don't have any good input from any credible "un-sponsored" riders yet? Bill told me he's sent out at least 50 of these units so far.

I've gotten so tired of waiting that I went ahead and called Bill today to order one of these.... cause it's obvious that's the only way I'm gonna find out how good this thing works. (which I guess ain't so bad cause I'm supporting the sport in the process):YEAH

So keep a look out for an un-biased, experienced opinion/comparison in about 10 days time (that's the eta Bill gave me). If I like it you'll know it(and why)... and if I don't, there will be one slightly used one for sale at a slightly discounted price.

Again... sorry Teach, not tryin to dis ya in the least... but if you were'nt sponsored by Bill, things would be a bit different.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:47 AM
www.cycletreads.co.nz

Kevmo7 is a decent person

I see what your getting at dude...

but i dont think people are worried at the moment about whos giving the review, they just want A review

Last edited by Kevmo7; 02-09-2008 at 01:03 AM.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:49 AM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by kj
Key words here to keep in mind....

NO disrespect to Teach.... but remember, he IS sponsored by FTI.

We've all had this discussion in the past... you ARE NOT going to get a 100% honest, no punches pulled review on a product from a rider that is sponsored by the company that puts it out. And yes I AM the sponsor POLICE!!

Plain and simple... no arguments... that's the truth.

When Teach does a full test and write up on it, yes I will pay some attention to it, but I would not take it as "the definitive info thread" or "word of god" lol.

If the thing happens to suck (which I'm sure it won't), do you expect a sponsored rider to come out and say that it sucks in a public forum???

To get real world info we need a bunch of nobody, average Joes (who already have and know how to use a HB properly), to give input on the pro's and con's compared to setups that are currently available....

And I can't understand why we don't have any good input from any credible "un-sponsored" riders yet? Bill told me he's sent out at least 50 of these units so far.

I've gotten so tired of waiting that I went ahead and called Bill today to order one of these.... cause it's obvious that's the only way I'm gonna find out how good this thing works. (which I guess ain't so bad cause I'm supporting the sport in the process):YEAH

So keep a look out for an un-biased, experienced opinion/comparison in about 10 days time (that's the eta Bill gave me). If I like it you'll know it(and why)... and if I don't, there will be one slightly used one for sale at a slightly discounted price.

Again... sorry Teach, not tryin to dis ya in the least... but if you were'nt sponsored by Bill, things would be a bit different.
im guessing because the 98% of the 50 that purchased them cant use them.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:54 AM
kj

Originally Posted by Kevmo7
....dosent matter if there sponsored by FTI or not
That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

It's their JOB to promote the product if they're sponsored!

You know how many times I've been told by sponsored riders that FI cages or even 905 cages are the best around and not to waste any time w/ any of the "new companies" that are out there now!!!

I will not be a sheep!!!

Last edited by kj; 02-09-2008 at 01:22 AM.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:55 AM
kj

Originally Posted by stock05
im guessing because the 98% of the 50 that purchased them cant use them.
this is unfortunately the most likely answer.
Old 02-09-2008, 01:05 AM
www.cycletreads.co.nz

Kevmo7 is a decent person

Originally Posted by kj
That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

It's they're JOB to promote the product if they're sponsored!

You know how many times I've been told by sponsored riders that FI cages or even 905 cages are the best around and not to waste any time w/ any of the "new companies" that are out there now!!!

I will not be a sheep!!!
It was dumb, im tired, i made a mistake

i changed it so its not as dumb, but i mean that i just want more reviews, cause there is bugger all reviews out there..

yeah..
Old 02-09-2008, 01:11 AM
rock stock

xXxNO LOVExXx will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by kj
I will not be a sheep!!!

a duck on the other hand...

Quick Reply: The New Full Throttle Handbrake Report!