The New Full Throttle Handbrake Report!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 04:29 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts
Re: The New Full Throttle Handbrake Report!

Originally Posted by Ryan R
**** I AM NOT SPONSERED, NOR HAVE I RODE WITH A HANDBRAKE BEFORE ***
so say whatever you want or disregard this post because i'm not a pro, but i'm not a retard, i can definately tell the difference in feel between a clutch and a brake, and this system feels like a BRAKE... because it is one.

i actually don't know why anyone would think that it could feel like one because all it is, is an extension of a master by a short 12-14" clutch cable. the system definately provides responsive feedback and no lag at all. obviously only either the hand or foot brake can be applied at any one time, but i don't see that as being a problem.

yeah i probably don't NEED a handbrake, but i am continuing to progress, and am going to start to learn off the peg tricks. The fact that i bought one without knowing how to use it is ludacris, everyone bought their first handbrake one day when they felt ready, mine just happened to be right around the time this system came out, and it is comparably cheaper than a traditional brembo/adptr plus it has the ability to be tucked away on the forks or frame, where it is protected in the event of a crash.

i'm not going to fight or whatever that i need one, just wanted to put that out there, and eliminate the myth of 'feeling like a clutch' because that is the only area i feel like i have enough experience to comment on.
the only people that catch slack are those who cant wheelie using the rear brake and think that a handbrake is going to be easier to operate and magically give them skills overnight. when i got my first handbrake i didnt know how to use it either, but i did know how to use a rear brake and ride idle staggered. owning one comes with progression.
Old 02-09-2008, 04:46 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

this is great. there will be alot of cheap scratched up brembo's and other masters to buy up real cheap. so hurry up and buy these so i can buy up all these cheap masters :YEAH
Old 02-09-2008, 04:57 PM

SIC J is an unknown quantity at this point

do you guys honestly think one day Bill woke up and designed the new handbrake and put them out for sale without testing them or having other people test it first? SERIOUSLY

i breifly talked to Teach about it and my main concern was, "does it feel like a handbrake or clutch". he told me "it just uses the cable to pull the arm that pumps the fluid" and feels just like a normal handbrake.

Teach has no reason to lie. and he isnt a person who is goin to get sponsered by a company "just to get free ****".

im sold on it after talkin to Teach so ill be ordering now probably next week.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:12 PM

punishmentcycle is a decent person

i just set one of these up on a friend's 636 today..i couldn't try it out for two reasons...one he never got the cable with the kit,and two that white anti-riding **** was coming down. my boy called bill and he said he would rush the cable out.next decent day and i'll put a session on it.....bled fine,i just want to see how the cable feels with the ASV lever he bought...looks and feels normal on the foot side. i have pics but the site wont let me upload for some reason
Old 02-09-2008, 10:25 PM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SIC J
do you guys honestly think one day Bill woke up and designed the new handbrake and put them out for sale without testing them or having other people test it first? SERIOUSLY

i breifly talked to Teach about it and my main concern was, "does it feel like a handbrake or clutch". he told me "it just uses the cable to pull the arm that pumps the fluid" and feels just like a normal handbrake.

Teach has no reason to lie. and he isnt a person who is goin to get sponsered by a company "just to get free ****".

im sold on it after talkin to Teach so ill be ordering now probably next week.
You people are missing the point completely....

If Teach said "hey let's go jump off the SF bridge... it's the best thing ever" ....would you do it?

I mean... he's got no reason to lie, right? ****... if he's doin it then it's got to be good no? **** it, I'M SOLD! LET'S GO!!

The point is I don't base my setup on what other people tell me to buy (especially sponsored riders who GET PAID to promote their companies product). Whether or not I think they're honest people or not.

This whole thread is getting waaaaaaaaay off topic....

Let's just hear some god damn reviews from a bunch of different people who don't have any interest in the product or don't have their lips attatched to anybody elses ***'s.
Old 02-10-2008, 02:32 AM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by kj
You people are missing the point completely....

If Teach said "hey let's go jump off the SF bridge... it's the best thing ever" ....would you do it?

I mean... he's got no reason to lie, right? ****... if he's doin it then it's got to be good no? **** it, I'M SOLD! LET'S GO!!

The point is I don't base my setup on what other people tell me to buy (especially sponsored riders who GET PAID to promote their companies product). Whether or not I think they're honest people or not.

This whole thread is getting waaaaaaaaay off topic....

Let's just hear some god damn reviews from a bunch of different people who don't have any interest in the product or don't have their lips attatched to anybody elses ***'s.

we get your point. you're missing mine and everyone elses. my reputation is pretty darn credible in this sport and it got that way because i dont lie and i have some integrity. so ya, people do trust my opinion and more importantly, they trust that I will give them an honest opinion. for reference, i've been sponsored by FI and 905 for some time now and have no problem telling you the pros and cons to both of those products, just like i have no problem telling people the positives and negatives with this one.

that being said, i tried it out today. first order of business was to relocate the master lower on the forks and reroute my lines. i had to bleed the brake real quick again and couldnt get the mush out of it, but after pumping it up, poppping a couple of wheelies...all it took was two cracks of the bleeder valve on the system and it was fine the rest of the day.

second thing i noticed was that i would like an ezpull/msr lever to use for the hb...the one bill sent is fine, but i think an ez pull on the hb line and one on the clutch will be super sweet.

i did a couple ss coasters and some ss circles, tight and wide. i liked the feel and response...had way better strength than my last brembo/ft setup on the RR but i didnt take care of that setup very well. it was sensitive yet didn't overbite. i can't really say anything mroe than that right now because the stock clutch lever is killing me and the gas/clutch/hb combo is not quite second nature on the bmw yet.

so overall, exactly what i expected and hoped for...and i can still go with more 'power' on the hb with the next adjustment, as well as use an ez pull. the footbrake was great all day with no problems whatsoever. i did not move directly from the foot brake to the hb while ina wheelie but it was fine on the ground.

you can check out some pics thanks to greg at www.beadyeyeproductions.com on www.flickr.com ...just look for beadyeyeproductions
Old 02-10-2008, 02:36 AM
Gas'er!!

here's a direct link to the flickr pics...i'll try to post some here
Old 02-10-2008, 02:52 AM

fuzz600 is an unknown quantity at this point

did you already break that bmw ???
Old 02-10-2008, 02:53 AM
SERVIN IT UP

Darius is a decent person

Teach you forget how to use the computer?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/beadyeye
Old 02-10-2008, 02:55 AM

RHill is an unknown quantity at this point

this may be a completely drunk off my *** question but did anyone notice teach's banjo bolts are in different locations than what are in the sites pictures??? I hope his is a redesign because it looks better....but like I said in the other thread....without that top bleader port, this would be a bitch to bleed.

If you dont know wtf i'm talking about look at the lines that run to the master....on teach's there are 2 from the side and a bleeder above both....the pic on the website has one from the side and one on the top with no bleeder visible.

I really hope the production version is like teach's.....if not, i'm not buying

ps......i dont know how i got here, but luckly i'm drunk enough to have made it...
Old 02-10-2008, 02:59 AM
Gas'er!!

they all have the bleeder valve...two cracks after the initial bleed and a quick wheelie session to push the remaining air to the system, which is at the highest point.

and yes, D...I just finished an african safari...you missed it and the ride will reopen tommorrow! club moto i think
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	no footed 180 endo.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	206108   Click image for larger version

Name:	sitdown nice angle.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	206109   Click image for larger version

Name:	180 endo nice angle.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	206110   Click image for larger version

Name:	hc endo.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	206111   Click image for larger version

Name:	ralph louie.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	206112  

Click image for larger version

Name:	fib good angle under side far.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	206113   Click image for larger version

Name:	nth nice angle.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	206114   Click image for larger version

Name:	side saddle endo.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	206115  

Last edited by TEACH C6; 02-10-2008 at 03:04 AM.
Old 02-10-2008, 03:10 AM

Guru is a decent person

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
here's a direct link to the flickr pics...i'll try to post some here
Originally Posted by Darius
Teach you forget how to use the computer?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/beadyeye

you cracked the swing arm already????
Old 02-10-2008, 03:13 AM
Gas'er!!

ya, took too much out to accomodate a bigger sprocket...new one will be done tuesday. less taken out, will be fine. ride it like you stole it son!
Old 02-10-2008, 03:17 AM

Guru is a decent person

ya, took too much out to accomodate a bigger sprocket...new one will be done tuesday. less taken out, will be fine. ride it like you stole it son!
remember man... its not a honda
Old 02-10-2008, 03:56 AM
www.cycletreads.co.nz

Kevmo7 is a decent person

This handbrake is so confusing, so you dont need a resevior off the top? then what is the 2nd line needed for?

Dont hate, im not very good with this sort of stuff, im just trying to learn how it all works before i buy one...
Old 02-10-2008, 04:16 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Kevmo7
This handbrake is so confusing, so you dont need a resevior off the top? then what is the 2nd line needed for?

Dont hate, im not very good with this sort of stuff, im just trying to learn how it all works before i buy one...
the fluid starts at the resivior and goes to the stock foot brake master then it goes trough the line to the new full throttle master and from there it goes through the other line to the rear caliper..

Last edited by old man roger; 02-10-2008 at 04:19 AM.
Old 02-10-2008, 04:39 AM
Jim CrashoBazzi

imafrogg420 is a decent person

some one dres a pritty picture explaining it out of paint shop that was hilarious haha
Old 02-10-2008, 04:47 AM

tonyraita is an unknown quantity at this point

they all have the bleeder valve...two cracks after the initial bleed and a quick wheelie session to push the remaining air to the system, which is at the highest point.

and yes, D...I just finished an african safari...you missed it and the ride will reopen tommorrow! club moto i think
Hey Teach,nice pics!Welcome to the club.
Old 02-10-2008, 06:05 AM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

we get your point. you're missing mine and everyone elses. my reputation is pretty darn credible in this sport and it got that way because i dont lie and i have some integrity. so ya, people do trust my opinion and more importantly, they trust that I will give them an honest opinion. for reference, i've been sponsored by FI and 905 for some time now...

Well... now that ya mention that... get ready for long story.

You obviously DO NOT get my point, and at the same time you bring up another very good point that I haven't even mentioned yet.

I've met you a couple times in person... i know you remember me, I'm the guy that had the same exact knee injury's/surgeries as you... i met you at argo's and again at xdl VA for a bit of convo each time.

1st off... let's clear the air... I never accussed you of "lying", so your opinion (to me IMHO) is indeed credible, and I have never attacked your integrity.... EVER.

Having said that... I have much respect for you, and your riding abilities, BUT at the same time... not so much for your personal opinion on gear/setups for a couple of really good reasons......

NUMBER ONE: When I first got into stunt riding, you were one of the most well known, talented local guys in my area (northeast).

So... I had the utmost respect for pretty much anything that came out of your mouth regarding "the sport". (mistake )

When I 1st got into actual "stunting", you reccomended FI cages to the end (which I believe you still do ).... which I went with 100% and learned for myself that they sucked *** BIG TIME for a NON-pro rider such as myself.... as I went through 3 of them on my 954's in one year (keep in mind this is 2004), then went through 2 on my f4i's within 1 year... not to mention countless motor mount bolts and new controls for both bikes.... (and yes, i tightened mm bolts on the regular, I'm no newb to maintenance).

I just figured, yes I suck, and this is norm.... and new guy's crash ALOT, so I should expect to spend lots of $$ all the time on cages ect.

SO... after going out on my own and taking a chance on a new "unknown" company, sickinnovations... (which were JUST comming out at the time)... i realized that what works for the "pros" is VERY, VERY different than what works for ME, THE average stunt rider. As my ONE SI cage lasted me almost 2 full seasons of hard core abuse.

Not even to mention another disasterous experience w/ a 905 (reccomemnded by another well known Pro) around the same time as well.

I've wasted SOOOOO much of my hard earned (blood/sweat/tears) cash on JUNK stunt parts that were "highly reccommended" to me by yourself and other "pros" at the time..... I hate to even think about it.

THIS HAS LEFT A VERY DISTINCT, VERY BAD TASTE IN MY MOUTH, AND MY ***... that I cannot help but keep kicking around to this day.

So for me... this all boils down to another pumped up, pimped out stunt part that "the top names" will defend till the end.... even when they haven't even actually physically tried it out yet!!

Please read my post a couple times and try to think back to when you were a newb/nobody.....

I'm really not tryin to be a huge dick for no reason......... think about it.
Old 02-10-2008, 06:08 AM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

what is this, battle of who can make the longest posts?

Quick Reply: The New Full Throttle Handbrake Report!