Crash in VT

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2003, 11:03 AM

Hazen is a decent person
Unhappy Crash in VT

I was listening to the radio yesterday and they were talking about a motorcycle crash in VT this weekend or early this week. They said he was doing about a hundred and set down a wheelie and went into a tankslapper. I think they called it a "fierce wobbel". It sounded like he died from the crash. Just wondering if anyone knew who it was.

-Hazen
Old 06-12-2003, 11:17 AM

-Drew- is an unknown quantity at this point
At least we know it wasn't you.... get a friggin stabilizer!
Old 06-12-2003, 01:04 PM

slinky750 is a decent person
Re: Crash in VT

Originally posted by Hazencvb
I was listening to the radio yesterday and they were talking about a motorcycle crash in VT this weekend or early this week. They said he was doing about a hundred and set down a wheelie and went into a tankslapper. I think they called it a "fierce wobbel". It sounded like he died from the crash. Just wondering if anyone knew who it was.

-Hazen
are you sure it was in VT? Monday night a guy was killed up here from a tank slapper, i didnt know him but a bunch of guys that i know did.
Old 06-12-2003, 01:08 PM

slinky750 is a decent person
Heres the article...

Cycle ‘wheelie’ fatal to Altonan
By SUE BOTSFORD, Staff Writer
KEESEVILLE — An Altona man was killed in a motorcycle accident Monday night.

Keith Nolan, 27, was driving north on Route 2, two-tenths of a mile north of Jewel Rock Road, at 8:14 p.m.

According to Keeseville-based State Police, Nolan lifted the front wheel of the motorcycle off the road, doing "a wheelie," and when the tire reconnected with the road, he lost control.

The bike left the east side of the road, went across two lawns and struck a culvert in a gravel driveway.

Nolan was thrown and landed 102 feet from the culvert. The motorcycle came to rest 180 feet away.

Two people tried unsuccessfully to resuscitate Nolan, troopers said. He was pronounced dead by Clinton County Coroner David Donah at 9 p.m.

Donah said Tuesday that death was caused by massive internal injuries.

Police said the cause of the accident was reckless driving and speed.

A graduate of Peru Central School, Nolan was employed at Mold-Rite Plastics in Plattsburgh. He was a member of the Altona Volunteer Fire Department.

He married Tousha L. (Smith) Nolan in August 1998

and his obituary:
Keith "Peanut" Nolan
Altona — Keith "Peanut" Nolan, 27, of Rand Hill Road, died on Monday, June 9, 2003, as the result of a motorcycle accident.

He was born in Plattsburgh on Feb. 6, 1976, son of Keith Nolan and Mary E. (Trim) Nolan.

Peanut attended Peru Central School. He was currently employed at Mold Rite Plastics in Plattsburgh. Peanut was a member of the Altona Volunteer Fire Department; he enjoyed snowmobiling, motorcycling and hunting. He loved to spend time with his nieces and nephews.

Peanut is survived by his wife Tousha L. (Smith) Nolan from Altona; they were married in August of 1998; his father, Keith D. Nolan of Plattsburgh; his mother and her companion, Mary E. McKee and Lloyd Provost of Ellenburg; his stepfather, Roger McKee of Schuyler Falls; two brothers, Jason Tuller of Beekmantown and Dale and his wife Jessica McKee of Plattsburgh; one sister, Carol McKee and her companion Mark LaGrave of Black Brook; his maternal grandparents, Frederick and Carol Trim of Morrisonville; four nieces and nephews, Kourtnee and Kody Smith, Keagen LaGrave and Kelsey McKee. He is also survived by his father and mother-in-law, Randy and Janice Smith of Altona; a brother-in-law and his wife, Travis and April Smith of Altona; paternal grandparents, Lawrence and Ula Smith of Ellenburg Center; maternal grandmother Florence Peryea of Altona; and many aunts, uncles, cousins; and many special friends.

Calling hours will be Wednesday, June 11, 2003, from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at Brown Funeral Home in Altona. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated Thursday, June 12, 2003, at 11 a.m. from Holy Angel's Church in Altona. Burial will follow in the parish cemetery.

Donations in his memory may be made to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.

RIP!!
Old 06-12-2003, 01:15 PM
CVBOYZ.COM

PhearCVBz is an unknown quantity at this point
R.I.P.

Hazen, hope you can save up some cash to get the right equip. Lemme know if I can help.

-Josh
Old 06-12-2003, 01:22 PM

Boughetto is an unknown quantity at this point
Terrible news R.I.P.

Thoughts and Prayers to this family
Old 06-12-2003, 08:58 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Angel Of Death is a decent person
RIP, just remember, your **** starts wobbleing, tank slapper style, loosen your grip on the clip-ons. Should calm it down.
Old 06-13-2003, 10:54 AM
BACK UP IN THAT ASS

GMO750 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down RIP

Thats terrible.

Steering dampener = life saver.... DONT wheelile without one.
Old 06-16-2003, 12:58 PM

ZEDEX9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Very sorry to here that, its terrible, our thoughts are with the family.
Peace, and stay safe!
Audy