wheelies with race boots?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 09:59 PM

Ricksta is an unknown quantity at this point
wheelies with race boots?

i just recently picked up a pair of alpinestar racing boots because i thought it would be innapropriate to wear my work boots to jennings again. well i tried them out this weekend and well my wheelies were all over the place.

i usually clutch it up and it comes up and stays very smooth. well these boots have smooth bottoms untill it gets to the heel of the boot. so i cant get my foot on the peg unless its wedged next to the heel and im used to having the peg in the middle of my foot. so it felt like i was standin on my damn heel the whole time. i kept steering over to the left and i kept choppin the throttle tryin to get in a good position where i was comfortable. is it just me or is the boots havin somethin to do with this? i know i can get used to it just will take some time i just didnt think my boots would mess me up like that!

Old 02-03-2008, 10:12 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light
Re: wheelies with race boots?

For your basic power wheelies (which is exactly what it sounds like your doing..)

It shoudn't make any difference..

Now when your going for slow speed combo wheelies, I'm sure boots will **** with ya...
Old 02-03-2008, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Towlieee
For your basic power wheelies (which is exactly what it sounds like your doing..)

It shoudn't make any difference..

Now when your going for slow speed combo wheelies, I'm sure boots will **** with ya...
what do you mean power wheelies? i gain too much speed powering it up. i clutch up at like 45 and cruise about 60-65.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:28 PM

Afflicted is an unknown quantity at this point

ALWAYS clutch it up, not usually

and i thought you said you dont wheelie much, only for your girlfriend, so why does it matter??
Old 02-03-2008, 11:36 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

sharpen your pegs.......
Old 02-04-2008, 12:09 AM

nomad is an unknown quantity at this point

60-65? thats movin! u gotta wear something comfortable to better control the bike.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:36 AM

lilspoony is a decent person

i like them *****, how much they hit for?
Old 02-04-2008, 02:50 AM

Hajinomoto1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just get some seat time and practice with them on. I rock race boots when I hit the twisties and will throw up some nice basic standups when I'm in the mountians.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:56 AM

hecko is an unknown quantity at this point

John Hopkins doesnt seem to have any problems with race boots :YEAH

Old 02-04-2008, 05:47 AM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

thats 1 badass poppawheelie right there
Old 02-04-2008, 06:00 AM

gixxerkohl is a decent person

i do wheelien doc martins
Old 02-04-2008, 08:16 AM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Ricksta
i just recently picked up a pair of alpinestar racing boots because i thought it would be innapropriate to wear my work boots to jennings again. well i tried them out this weekend and well my wheelies were all over the place.

i usually clutch it up and it comes up and stays very smooth. well these boots have smooth bottoms untill it gets to the heel of the boot. so i cant get my foot on the peg unless its wedged next to the heel and im used to having the peg in the middle of my foot. so it felt like i was standin on my damn heel the whole time. i kept steering over to the left and i kept choppin the throttle tryin to get in a good position where i was comfortable. is it just me or is the boots havin somethin to do with this? i know i can get used to it just will take some time i just didnt think my boots would mess me up like that!

no, its not the boots. your whoolies are gaaaaaaaabage because youre a powa whoolie squid.

Originally Posted by old man roger
sharpen your pegs.......
wow rog, did you stay logged in?
Old 02-04-2008, 09:04 AM
Professional Work Avoider

GSXR Carlos will become famous soon enoughGSXR Carlos will become famous soon enough

yeah i thought Rog was being a bit harsh too, not his usual style, he must be knackered from post whorin
Old 02-04-2008, 12:18 PM
soon to be retired

ExtremeAcres is an unknown quantity at this point

what do you mean power wheelies? i gain too much speed powering it up. i clutch up at like 45 and cruise about 60-65.
you are riding power wheelies if you arent using any rear brake...it's not called that because of "powering it up vs clutching it up"

You could clutch it up all the time and still only be riding power wheelies.... and you cant really claim to know BP if you arent usin any rear brake ....just my

also probably the reason so many people are worried about your girls safety.... If you dont have rear brake on lock ... then you dont have safety fully covered
Old 02-04-2008, 12:30 PM

F4EaSyE is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hecko
John Hopkins doesnt seem to have any problems with race boots :YEAH

neither does rossi or hayden..
Old 02-04-2008, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Afflicted
ALWAYS clutch it up, not usually

and i thought you said you dont wheelie much, only for your girlfriend, so why does it matter??
i wheelie all the time...i said i dont usually wheelie with my gf.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by ExtremeAcres
you are riding power wheelies if you arent using any rear brake...it's not called that because of "powering it up vs clutching it up"

You could clutch it up all the time and still only be riding power wheelies.... and you cant really claim to know BP if you arent usin any rear brake ....just my

also probably the reason so many people are worried about your girls safety.... If you dont have rear brake on lock ... then you dont have safety fully covered

alright. makes sense. i do cover the brake, i just have a hard time gettin used to usin it. i'll usually clutch up and bring it up untill im not gaining any speed anymore and i usually dont need the brake because i'll use engine braking if i do need it.

i tried usin the brake before, and it came right down. i was tryin to use it to slow down but i dunno im not sure how to use it how your supposed to...
Old 02-04-2008, 07:42 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

alright. makes sense. i do cover the brake, i just have a hard time gettin used to usin it. i'll usually clutch up and bring it up untill im not gaining any speed anymore and i usually dont need the brake because i'll use engine braking if i do need it.

i tried usin the brake before, and it came right down. i was tryin to use it to slow down but i dunno im not sure how to use it how your supposed to...
and youre attempting tandem, just punch yourself in the face right now.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:46 PM

Joe Briggs is a decent person

you know when you get on teh back of the bike with your feet on the ground then hop back up that looks pretty cool and when your wheeling and you use your round or 12 bar and let the bike slide on the bar and hop on top of the bike ... also looks cool anyone got any pics doing those??

Last edited by Joe Briggs; 02-04-2008 at 07:46 PM. Reason: woops