Seat hole cut... now what?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 09:43 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Seat hole cut... now what?

thats one hell of a platform teacher
Old 02-03-2008, 11:33 AM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
:YEAH forget all these glamma stunnas, all you need is an X cut in it and some super sick electrical or duct tape!

don't forget the most important aspect of having a hole cut in your seat:

be some of the first to get on the bandwagon! spinal cord not included

That is so crazy that you posted,lol cuz me and my boy had ben talkin about your platform for a couple of days before I cut mine up.
I wanted to do that to mine, and he says that it's a crazy idea cuz I'll impale myself whenever I flip a stoppie.... I see what he's saying cuz he's going to school to be a chiro., but at the same time I don't have to deal with the undertail exhaust like you do either so I don't think I need it.

I think I'll put my diving board towards the inside if I make one at all. and I did come to my senses with the X and the tape....
I just heard cut an "H", then an X with a line in the middle, just an x, then that upside down T with elastic idea.. I was lookin around at some other peoples in mags and on vids and saw some cheezey lookin stuff and didn't want that look. Thanks for the help.

another finished pic:
Name:  hpim28292.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  151.7 KB
Old 02-03-2008, 01:00 PM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Teach.....can I have ur bike when you flip a stoppie hard and get paralyzed??? I want another RR but dont wanna pay for it

Looks decent for a fixxer J. Now ditch that flat bar before ur subby folds
Old 02-03-2008, 01:50 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

yep... there's the chiro.... even teach made a comment about the spinal cord not being included...

And .............MR NEGATIVITY! ..............lol

If anything folding up on this bike I'll tell you what it's gonna be..... It's gonna be my damn wallet! I'm done spending on set up on the K6 for a while.... now it's time for the moturd to get some love!

now go eat ur panini ........***!
Old 02-03-2008, 03:41 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

honestly, ive never had a problem with the pedal. i've flipped 2 times and both times it broke the subframe in half because the pedal was mounted to it, so that is really the only negative to it, and i'm sure you could build one that is a little more crumple prone in a crash.

in order for that thing to hit your spine, you have to go straight over and stay straight and not move...the chances of that happening are not that great. how many Gnice crashes have you seen?

anyways, take it for what its worth, has helped my game tremendously. notice that CP has one and if you watch how AC uses the bar it is very different than us americans. the reason AC can use an actual 12 bar is because he is so tall, for someone like me (5'9'') that puts me too far under the bike, hence the hole in the seat. but a hole doesnt give you the leverage that standing on something does.

i guarantee that once you try it, you will want one. i shouldnt even be suggesting this to anyone because imho it is such an aid that it will make people step up their game instantly...i have first hand opinions to prove it...

anyway...back to the garage for me
Old 02-03-2008, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
honestly, ive never had a problem with the pedal. i've flipped 2 times and both times it broke the subframe in half because the pedal was mounted to it, so that is really the only negative to it, and i'm sure you could build one that is a little more crumple prone in a crash.

in order for that thing to hit your spine, you have to go straight over and stay straight and not move...the chances of that happening are not that great. how many Gnice crashes have you seen?

anyways, take it for what its worth, has helped my game tremendously. notice that CP has one and if you watch how AC uses the bar it is very different than us americans. the reason AC can use an actual 12 bar is because he is so tall, for someone like me (5'9'') that puts me too far under the bike, hence the hole in the seat. but a hole doesnt give you the leverage that standing on something does.

i guarantee that once you try it, you will want one. i shouldnt even be suggesting this to anyone because imho it is such an aid that it will make people step up their game instantly...i have first hand opinions to prove it...

anyway...back to the garage for me
my flipped stoppie that fucked me up was straight over.....I hear what ur saying, but thats why it would scare the poop outta me!

I've seen ur sickass circles whipping around no handed.....I was talking to a lil asian buddy of mine (Mr. Clem) about doing the same thing on his bike, but with a hinge or somin that would collapse in an endo, then rebound after.

I did actually switch to a hole in my seat and like it alot better at 5'10" than I did with a flat bar, but with my thick F4i seat I dont see needing that platform just yet.

I noticed Dannielle Jackson ( ) had one of those skurry lookin deathbars on his 636 like AC's...he seems to be fine with it as well, but I just cant get it out of my head that I need to prepare for the next flipped stoppie like the one I had before.

edit: and J.....the panini was fookin delish bro! mmmmmmmmmmm
Old 02-03-2008, 11:30 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by eazenutz33
my flipped stoppie that fucked me up was straight over.....I hear what ur saying, but thats why it would scare the poop outta me!

I've seen ur sickass circles whipping around no handed.....I was talking to a lil asian buddy of mine (Mr. Clem) about doing the same thing on his bike, but with a hinge or somin that would collapse in an endo, then rebound after.

I did actually switch to a hole in my seat and like it alot better at 5'10" than I did with a flat bar, but with my thick F4i seat I dont see needing that platform just yet.

I noticed Dannielle Jackson ( ) had one of those skurry lookin deathbars on his 636 like AC's...he seems to be fine with it as well, but I just cant get it out of my head that I need to prepare for the next flipped stoppie like the one I had before.

edit: and J.....the panini was fookin delish bro! mmmmmmmmmmm
Tony Prez has a plate about half the size of Teach's but on a hinge. Only flips it out when he needs it
Old 02-03-2008, 11:31 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

You can see the hinge here

Old 02-04-2008, 12:36 AM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by nags
You can see the hinge here

tony's **** was lookin fresh for SW :YEAH
Old 02-04-2008, 12:37 AM

He sold that bike already. Wait till you see his new ****
Old 02-04-2008, 12:40 AM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

He sold that bike already. Wait till you see his new ****
was that the one he was building the night we went out riding?
Old 02-04-2008, 08:46 AM

Tony Prez has a plate about half the size of Teach's but on a hinge. Only flips it out when he needs it
thats what we were talking about making......not sure how it woulda worked, he hates his bike
Old 02-04-2008, 10:46 AM
hunts and stunts

NO, no, you must have me confused with another stunter from KC who has a new bike that hates it.... Not to mention any names to protect the innocent, but you know who I'm talkin about.lol

I love my bike... I just let all that "fixxer" **** roll off my back... it is what it is, and it'll be fine for as long as it's fine. Otherwise think of it like this: it's not my "gixxer bike"....I'll call it my "whatever bike I'm gonna get with my insurance check whenever it's totalled bike" LOL

The subframe is the only part that I bitched about really, that and the massive amount of rev's make 17 up feel kinda weak still. as far as looks and feel and power delivery, it's awesome. it's crashed pretty hard so far too and so far so good!!(I just knocked on wood)

And if you think about it......ya don't see to many people complaining about the 06-07 models having problems stunting.. it's just people on the highway mousetrapping and busting frames.... I don't think theyv'e been tested enough with the newer models in the stunting arena by enough people to have any type of opinion (for me anyways) ........... yet.

I can't compare it to the bikes of the past realy either... It could be the same as everyone wants an older kawi like an 04-05 rather than a newer one.... Maybe it's a newer gix rather than an older one that is the way to go with them?? Ask me if I hate it at the end of this summer and my thoughts may have changed... or maybe they won't.. but either way I don't think you were talkin about me.....

I haven't had this thing in the lots enought yet to hate it. If it's not doing what I want it to, then it's not the bike's fault.... 99.9999999% chance it's me instead. so actually I kinda do hate me a little......
Old 02-04-2008, 11:46 AM

I was referring to that shitbox R6 Josh got.....things a nightmare, he wants to trade down to an S model or somin that isnt so damn twitchy and brittle.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:50 PM
hunts and stunts

I figured that's who you meant... but I didn't want to mention it since it was a sponsor's gift....
Old 02-04-2008, 01:57 PM

ya......Josh's fault tho, he picked it out! Now he's gonna have to deal with it or get a new bike again. He shoulda fallen to the temptation of leaving a honda!!!