tandem help?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 09:12 PM

Ricksta is an unknown quantity at this point
tandem help?

well i dont like sit downs but my gf wanted to do some wheelies. i go up so high and i cant see **** afterwards. and when i get to a certain point i feel her pulling back on me and i dont like because then im pulling on my handlebars to stay up. any suggestions on how to make this work out better? lol
Old 01-31-2008, 09:12 PM

Re: tandem help?

about right here is when she starts pullin on me!
Old 01-31-2008, 09:20 PM

Juar3z is a decent person

if u don't like ur pulling then pass her to me I have something she can pull!
Old 01-31-2008, 09:21 PM

SCOTT_Chychul has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Looks like she is doing like some kinda under hook like she is trying to put you in a full nelson.. Just get her to wrap her arms around normal, hold on tight and take up the space so there is no gap between you.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:25 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Ricksta
well i dont like sit downs but my gf wanted to do some wheelies. i go up so high and i cant see **** afterwards. and when i get to a certain point i feel her pulling back on me and i dont like because then im pulling on my handlebars to stay up. any suggestions on how to make this work out better? lol
uhm, how about learn how to wheelie by yourself first.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:30 PM

Guru is a decent person

about right here is when she starts pullin on me!
dude its looks like your going to **** that girl up!!! learn how to stunt by yourself first!!!! dont hurt her..... unless she is a stupid bitch then tandem away
Old 01-31-2008, 09:38 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Guru SF
dude its looks like your going to **** that girl up!!! learn how to stunt by yourself first!!!! dont hurt her..... unless she is a stupid bitch then tandem away
is that even considered tandem , that looks similar to tek teker "mandem," pow pow powa whoolies, pow powa wheelies.
Old 02-01-2008, 08:09 AM

VerticalLimits is a decent person

i would give you some advice, but seeing how i believe you need to work on whoolies alone, i'm not....

Having a passenger on the BACK of the bike actually LOWERs your BP, therefore, not having to be any higher than it normally is, actually a little lower. so seeing should not be a problem....

and if she's pulling on you, it's probably cuz she's falling off , but seriously, if you're not coming up smooth, that's probably why she's pulling on you..... work on your own stuff till you can get smooth like butter and ride bp for awhile alone...

Please take that advice and don't get her hurt
Old 02-01-2008, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by VerticalLimits
i would give you some advice, but seeing how i believe you need to work on whoolies alone, i'm not....

Having a passenger on the BACK of the bike actually LOWERs your BP, therefore, not having to be any higher than it normally is, actually a little lower. so seeing should not be a problem....

and if she's pulling on you, it's probably cuz she's falling off , but seriously, if you're not coming up smooth, that's probably why she's pulling on you..... work on your own stuff till you can get smooth like butter and ride bp for awhile alone...

Please take that advice and don't get her hurt
i wheelie for miles dood. i know how to wheelie. im on an r1 though so balance point is as close to 12 as it gets. heres another pic i took that day.

heres a vid of me on my friends gixxer 600. he let me try his bike out. i like doing wheelies on that a lot more then my r1. a whole lot more comfortable.

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...deoid=26991794

im not tryin to do any of that slow stuff on this bike. this bike was too damn expensive for me to **** it up! i just like to cruise a steady 60-65.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:10 PM

oh and before you start bashin the first wheelie on that vid i had just hopped on it. and for some stupid reason the damn thing just kept going to the left and i tried to steer it but it didnt do a damn thing!
Old 02-01-2008, 04:19 PM

F4EaSyE is an unknown quantity at this point

we have to see a pic of her naked, well maybe not naked but off the bike to give advice.. cant really see her back ther.. as people said practice by yourself before someone gets hurt..
Old 02-01-2008, 04:36 PM

VerticalLimits is a decent person

i wheelie for miles dood. i know how to wheelie. im on an r1 though so balance point is as close to 12 as it gets. heres another pic i took that day.

heres a vid of me on my friends gixxer 600. he let me try his bike out. i like doing wheelies on that a lot more then my r1. a whole lot more comfortable.

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...deoid=26991794

im not tryin to do any of that slow stuff on this bike. this bike was too damn expensive for me to **** it up! i just like to cruise a steady 60-65.
Def would have to see naked , but in all seriousness, there is a dif between doing a staggared whoolie and a sitdown, and never said anything about slowing it down, that's how i got into it, i use to cruise the I whooling with her around 70-75, so trust me, i might have a clue...

and the R1 does not have that high of a bp, especially with a passenger, and yes, that is from experience, whoolied 01's all the way to 07's...

so take the advice, and work on whooling yourself, "sitdowns", then put her on there...
Old 02-01-2008, 04:47 PM

alicia417 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Juar3z
if u don't like ur pulling then pass her to me I have something she can pull!
Old 02-01-2008, 04:52 PM

you can't do it without a 12 bar (or something else for the passenger to the left foot on) but as a past-passenger i think that stand up staggered tandem wheelies are a lil easier than tandem sit downs. my bf thought so too.

and she's probably pulling on u cause when ur on the back during a sitdown it feels like your *** is only inches away from the asphalt at 40+ mph
Old 02-01-2008, 05:02 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Ok you can do highspeed wheelies alone, doesn't mean you can't or wont wreck..

Just think about her before you hurt her.. Its one thing for you to go down, but what if you put her in the hospital?

And you say you dont wanna do slow stuff cause you don't wanna **** your bike up? Do you realize what will happen if you wreck at 60+? lol

Originally Posted by alicia417
you can't do it without a 12 bar (or something else for the passenger to the left foot on) but as a past-passenger i think that stand up staggered tandem wheelies are a lil easier than tandem sit downs. my bf thought so too.

and she's probably pulling on u cause when ur on the back during a sitdown it feels like your *** is only inches away from the asphalt at 40+ mph
can't do it without a 12 bar? what?
Old 02-01-2008, 05:29 PM

Afflicted is an unknown quantity at this point

sometimes if the ***** are uneven it ***** up tandem wheelies... take a couple nice picture for us to examine, a couple from the front, down low, up top, and side angle should be enough, and we will get back to you within a couple hours on what you should do

oh and they should be topless because you cant notice if they are uneven or anything with the shirt/bra on... and yes you could look, but we are pros on this site so its best if we determine for you
Old 02-01-2008, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Afflicted
sometimes if the ***** are uneven it ***** up tandem wheelies... take a couple nice picture for us to examine, a couple from the front, down low, up top, and side angle should be enough, and we will get back to you within a couple hours on what you should do

oh and they should be topless because you cant notice if they are uneven or anything with the shirt/bra on... and yes you could look, but we are pros on this site so its best if we determine for you
well i wont post no nudies of her because she'd get pretty pissed. but this is the best i can do lol

Old 02-01-2008, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Towlieee
can't do it without a 12 bar? what?
for a staggered stand up w/ two ppl cause the drivers left foot is on the left passenger peg, so if there's a 12 bar the passenger can stand on that instead

Old 02-01-2008, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Towlieee
Ok you can do highspeed wheelies alone, doesn't mean you can't or wont wreck..

Just think about her before you hurt her.. Its one thing for you to go down, but what if you put her in the hospital?

And you say you dont wanna do slow stuff cause you don't wanna **** your bike up? Do you realize what will happen if you wreck at 60+? lol

its not something i really want to get into all the time. just one here or there. i just do them to make her happy. ive had to ride pretty easy with her to build up her trust because she was in a bike wreck a few years ago and shes still jittery about it. so if she wants to step it up then i will just a tad so that i can help build her confidence. i just figured you guys would have some special ways of telling her to sit so that she doesnt slide back any. a friend of mine told me to have her wrap her arms upward around me, she said it was easier for her to hold on and when the landing came it was easier for her to cushion herself that way too.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by alicia417
for a staggered stand up w/ two ppl cause the drivers left foot is on the left passenger peg, so if there's a 12 bar the passenger can stand on that instead

that is pretty ******* cool lol. i bought another passenger seat so i could cut a hole in it. maybe she can put her foot there. well maybe not she would be standing pretty high the r1's pegs are way the fawk up there...

Quick Reply: tandem help?