Clint Ewings Guiness thing

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 12:54 PM

F4EaSyE is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Clint Ewings Guiness thing

Originally Posted by EZEC
HES NOT GETTING PAID TO DO.
He was on tv and broke a record, gay or not... he got paid to do it.. question is how much..
Old 01-29-2008, 02:51 PM

Nascency Chris is a decent person

Sorry val o I don't work at mcdonalds but that "stunt" was gay period.

so are you saying he got a bike out of the deal????and what is tons of money??? We must have a difference of opinion on what tons of money is then.

I have a really hard time believing there is a contract with NBC with a rules and conduct clause on something HES NOT GETTING PAID TO DO.
well...actually...yeah i could see a major network pushing through a code of conduct for anything they air...remember, it is the network's *** if say, clint had a wardrobe malfunction right as he took off and he did the tunnel of fire naked...

the network would pay the fines for broadcasting something like that, not any person who was on a show...

and networks have lawyers for days...
Old 01-29-2008, 02:54 PM

VerticalLimits is a decent person

Originally Posted by Kaneone
Hate hate hate

I'm proud of clint and his accomplishments so far his year. Starting off with a bang!!!

The drama and hate is to be expected. Doesn't matter what a person does. Its like highschool and come down to who a person is.

Had darius or teach done this people would have come running to swing nuts and lick bawls. But they didnt clint did. And how many of yall sat and watched the whole show just waiting to see it and be the first to hate.

The bike was stock-ish with a whopping 8 miles on it at the time of the stunt. He was given so many restrictions as to what he was and wasnt allowed to do. Its live tv. Things happen.

I'm glad I was able to be there to show my support and I promise it was and experience that I will brag about being a part of on my own little way for years to come.

Next time he needs to get off the bike do a cartwheel scream 'dale earnhart is the best let's kick midgets!' then run over to his girlfriend and start molestng her on national tv. Possibly kick the gladiator in the bawls first would have been cool too!!!

Haha
Kane
Had one of them attempted this stunt, i would like to believe that they would of actually made it more of a stunt, like whooling through that biaaatch, or rolling a stoppie through it, and if they were'nt allowed to, i'd hope they'd turn it down so it would be so lame!, or say o.k, and whooly anyways! And I guarantee, anyone over the age of 10 watching, was saying to themselve's, " i waited 2 freaking hours for this, i could do that" Just because it was shown on t.v., doesn't mean it was good exposure for the sport, just for clint.
just my ...
Old 01-29-2008, 03:13 PM
$$$$$$$

TheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by 1SMF
THIS IS A PRETTY COOL ONE

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DUuMBlD35aw
i was tryin to find that video.. that fire was massive and uncontroable.. if he had crashed inside that tunnel it would of have been all bad.. luckily for him he flew out of it
now that is ****** dangerous! and it was done in someones backyard not universal studios

not to mention that tunnel was narrow and he didnt have no safety gear on or a nice smooth cement road with fire gel all over your suit etc etc..
unlike clints were he probably could of rode a bicycle through that **** and have been perfectly fine.
that euro dude is a savage. i bet if he watched cilnt get the world record he was pissed.

and were the only spectators kane, clints girlfriend, parents , an american gladiator, camera crew and the stunt directors?

oh i just re read kanes post that **** is hilarious about what he said as 2 what clint should of done after the stunt LOL
now that would of been a show

Last edited by TheRomanSF415x; 01-29-2008 at 03:17 PM.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:33 PM

Val_0 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry val o I don't work at mcdonalds but that "stunt" was gay period.

so are you saying he got a bike out of the deal????and what is tons of money??? We must have a difference of opinion on what tons of money is then.

I have a really hard time believing there is a contract with NBC with a rules and conduct clause on something HES NOT GETTING PAID TO DO.
I never argued that the stunt was great. I myself said that I wasn't impressed with it but what I was impressed with was his ability to get onto national, live tv to do it.

What I am saying is that he got a bike to ride that he didn't need to provide himself. As for where that bike is and how much $ he got out of this deal is only up to Clint to tell.

And with statements like "I have a really hard time believing there is a contract with NBC with a rules and conduct clause on something HES NOT GETTING PAID TO DO." I don't really know what to say to you. I guess you still have much to learn about how business works.

NBC is a business like any other. They have lawyers and contracts to make sure things don't go wrong, ie. so that people don't swear on live tv, that people don't decide to start doing circle wheelies and endanger people around them. I don't know why the concept is so hard to understand. They tell you what to do and how to do it because they give you what you can't get anywhere else. There is no arguing with it.

As for tons of money, I guess the concept of investing now for something later is strange to you as well. Answer this, who do you think is going to have a better luck getting a show, you or Clint and who do you think that charge more for it?
Old 01-29-2008, 04:54 PM
squid hunter

Trick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to behold

that was as gay as AIDS....... that makes me embarrassed to be a stunt ridder........

yet another sad day in the stunt world !!!!!!!!
Old 01-29-2008, 04:57 PM
squid hunter

Trick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to behold

Clint Ewing = Heath Ledger
tunnel of fire = Brokeback Mountain
Old 01-29-2008, 04:58 PM
squid hunter

bwahahahahahahhahahahha Brokeback tunnel
Old 01-29-2008, 06:46 PM

Z-UNIT is an unknown quantity at this point

^^ hahahahaah i just spit beer all over my keyboard
Old 01-29-2008, 07:12 PM

F4EaSyE is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Z-UNIT
^^ hahahahaah i just spit beer all over my keyboard
z unit already drinking.. its only 5 oclock where im at..
Old 01-29-2008, 08:13 PM
Embrace the Hate

EZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Val_0
It's about the hype

I think that Clint is not in a position where he has to prove himself to anyone by doing the risky stunts. All he does now is make money and gives himself national exposure. He doesn't care that he broke some stupid record -he is now a house hold name. Something not very many people can say. I am sure that any of us with ***** can pull this off, but none of us got the chance. He did, so he must be doing something right. And the credit that he deserves is not because of the stunt but because of the work that he did to get to do the stunt.
btw my girl on her 50 could have rode though that.

If NBC came to you and asked you to do the show would you? How many people do you think will say no to NBC and $$$? How many people would walk away because they can't do a wheelie while going through the tunnel?

and got paid for it and just because he didn't uphold some unwritten values and laws of the stunt community he is being bashed for it.

The bottom line is him appearing on the show has nothing to do with him being a stunt rider. NOTHING. He got to where he is because he was killing the phones and not the street. So you might have the street cred and tickets, he has his name in the Guiness Book of World Records and a fat paycheck.
sweet maybe after his stunt career he can be a telemarketer.

Have you ever heard of something called a contract and what can happen to you when you violate it? As for getting paid do you think that the bike he used he had paid for? Or that Go Fast that got to slap their name on it didn't compensate him either? Just because NBC didn't give him a check doesn't mean that he didn't get or that he won't get tons of money as a result from being of national tv.

I never argued that the stunt was great. I myself said that I wasn't impressed with it but what I was impressed with was his ability to get onto national, live tv to do it.

What I am saying is that he got a bike to ride that he didn't need to provide himself. As for where that bike is and how much $ he got out of this deal is only up to Clint to tell.

And with statements like "I have a really hard time believing there is a contract with NBC with a rules and conduct clause on something HES NOT GETTING PAID TO DO." I don't really know what to say to you. I guess you still have much to learn about how business works.

NBC is a business like any other. They have lawyers and contracts to make sure things don't go wrong, ie. so that people don't swear on live tv, that people don't decide to start doing circle wheelies and endanger people around them. I don't know why the concept is so hard to understand. They tell you what to do and how to do it because they give you what you can't get anywhere else. There is no arguing with it.

As for tons of money, I guess the concept of investing now for something later is strange to you as well. Answer this, who do you think is going to have a better luck getting a show, you or Clint and who do you think that charge more for it?
maybe after he gets off the phone you can blow him.

and ive seen people get on tv for a lot less then this.

have you ever watched tv people curse all the time and do stupid ****.....there are entire shows with nothing but tv bloopers and mishaps..

as far as the contract goes....like i said

you said tons of money....not tons of money maybe down the line he will get paid because he can say "hey im a gbwr holder"
Old 01-29-2008, 08:25 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

I have talked to like 3 different people that don't ride, and about 5 that do about it. they ALL siad it was a waste of their time and at the end they were all basically like "that was it?" That was an unbiased opinion (like mine) and even from two old ladies in one case, that all found it to be an utter dissapointment at the end.

I saw my mom and aunt today, and all I asked was what did you think about a motorcycle stunter winning another guiness record last night on TV. Did you see it? MY mom saw Kane's deal and thought it was cool....

Anyways my mom said this after telling me that she, "was like is that it?" at the end.....

"The mideastern guy who trying to board the plane with those fingernails in a bag looked more dangerous......" that was a direct quote from my mom. My aunt said that she kept turning it back waiting to see it and thought she saw the warm up run!!! hahahahahahahaha It was the finally! hahahaha

you can't make that **** up man.... classic

I'm not going to go into what my other friends I talked to that saw it said, cuz one guy(who rides a hardley) said, "that was bitchin!" so what do I know....
Old 01-29-2008, 11:36 PM

BISHOP PHILLIPS can only hope to improve

all bullshit aside... i am glad you got on tv...cause i think they showed you stunting to for about 20 seconds... so they way i see it... probably 20 million people got a glimpse at stunting that probably never knew about the sport.... so in the end everyone wins.... good **** clint
Old 01-30-2008, 02:51 AM
I Love To Post!

Schwartz will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by BISHOP PHILLIPS
all bullshit aside... i am glad you got on tv...cause i think they showed you stunting to for about 20 seconds... so they way i see it... probably 20 million people got a glimpse at stunting that probably never knew about the sport.... so in the end everyone wins.... good **** clint
Riding a motorcycle threw a tent that has some flames "NEAR" it is not "THE SPORT".

20 million people saw a person ride a motorcycle near fire under a big *** tent.

Teen aged Mutant Ninja Turtles is to Martial Arts as this record is to stunting.

Good job getting on TV but I don't reconize this trick as being part of any sport I was ever part of.
Old 01-30-2008, 03:00 AM
I Love To Post!

Schwartz will become famous soon enough

- he is now a house hold name. Something not very many people can say.
House Hold name!?

Now that is a bold statment.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:20 AM

da Liks is a decent person

Originally Posted by Schwartz
House Hold name!?

Now that is a bold statment.
it is, isnt it?
Old 01-30-2008, 06:04 AM

PLAYA-P will become famous soon enoughPLAYA-P will become famous soon enough

That is capt'n insano **** right there[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=DUuMBlD35aw[/YOUTUBE]
Old 01-30-2008, 06:57 AM

BISHOP PHILLIPS can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by Schwartz
Riding a motorcycle threw a tent that has some flames "NEAR" it is not "THE SPORT".

20 million people saw a person ride a motorcycle near fire under a big *** tent.

Teen aged Mutant Ninja Turtles is to Martial Arts as this record is to stunting.

Good job getting on TV but I don't reconize this trick as being part of any sport I was ever part of.
i wasnt talking about the tunnel part.... i was referring to them doing a spot on him if i am not mistaken i saw him stunting on his regular bike somewhere in the show for about 20 seconds
Old 01-30-2008, 08:25 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by PLAYA-P
That is capt'n insano **** right
That was baller ****.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:30 AM

VerticalLimits is a decent person

now that looks like how it should be done! mad props to that guy...

Quick Reply: Clint Ewings Guiness thing