Clint Ewings Guiness thing

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 12:11 AM

Val_0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Clint Ewings Guiness thing

Too many people have these idealistic views on life and when they come to the realization that life isn't going to be like they thought they get mad and lash out, hating and belitteling other people's work. If NBC came to you and asked you to do the show would you? How many people do you think will say no to NBC and $$$? How many people would walk away because they can't do a wheelie while going through the tunnel?

People might not know him right away, but he is in the books and we aren't. He did his job and got paid for it and just because he didn't uphold some unwritten values and laws of the stunt community he is being bashed for it.

According to your people's logic all the sys admin, programmers and others who know anything about computers should be in the uproar about the way hollywood represents the computer field. But we aren't because we know that it's for show only. So was that show. Many of my friends are real stuntmen for the movie industry. I talked to them today after the airing and they laughed at it and said "good for him. We wish all our stunts we that easy and we got the exposure".

The bottom line is him appearing on the show has nothing to do with him being a stunt rider. NOTHING. He got to where he is because he was killing the phones and not the street. So you might have the street cred and tickets, he has his name in the Guiness Book of World Records and a fat paycheck.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:25 AM

Bubash is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Val_0
Too many people have these idealistic views on life and when they come to the realization that life isn't going to be like they thought they get mad and lash out, hating and belitteling other people's work. If NBC came to you and asked you to do the show would you? How many people do you think will say no to NBC and $$$? How many people would walk away because they can't do a wheelie while going through the tunnel?

People might not know him right away, but he is in the books and we aren't. He did his job and got paid for it and just because he didn't uphold some unwritten values and laws of the stunt community he is being bashed for it.

According to your people's logic all the sys admin, programmers and others who know anything about computers should be in the uproar about the way hollywood represents the computer field. But we aren't because we know that it's for show only. So was that show. Many of my friends are real stuntmen for the movie industry. I talked to them today after the airing and they laughed at it and said "good for him. We wish all our stunts we that easy and we got the exposure".

The bottom line is him appearing on the show has nothing to do with him being a stunt rider. NOTHING. He got to where he is because he was killing the phones and not the street. So you might have the street cred and tickets, he has his name in the Guiness Book of World Records and a fat paycheck.
so what are you trying to say?
Old 01-29-2008, 12:27 AM

your peoples?????
Old 01-29-2008, 12:45 AM
$$$$$$$

TheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the rough

I <3 Kane

you made a valid point about waiting 2 hours to see.. cause i read 2 hours prior about east coast ppl that watched so i had to find out for myself.. and the show itself was not that bad compared to the grand finale except for that annoying brit chick..
and had teach, darius, wink, kyle woods, you, jason britton, wink, any other stunt guy done it the same way i still would of said thats not hard or dangerous but congrats.
i personally would of rather seen Thomas do it
Old 01-29-2008, 12:45 AM

no ones cares bout my opinion but keeping it real-- congrats for getting on tv and for the record im still hoping to be in the backround of a pic in ssb, but that was horrible not even any straw on fire to plow through or nothin. i wasnt there in person so maybe the camera takes away from how serious it was but it looked liked the flames were 5 feet away then he lays on the ground like hes really on fire and the safety crew is tripping over him trying to spray the bike which is doin crop circles. True story
Old 01-29-2008, 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by Bridin412
your peoples?????
' aka apostrophe is used to indicate possession. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostro...ive_apostrophe
Old 01-29-2008, 01:28 AM

letsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to allletsride is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Kaneone
Hate hate hate

I'm proud of clint and his accomplishments so far his year. Starting off with a bang!!!

The drama and hate is to be expected. Doesn't matter what a person does. Its like highschool and come down to who a person is.

Had darius or teach done this people would have come running to swing nuts and lick bawls. But they didnt clint did. And how many of yall sat and watched the whole show just waiting to see it and be the first to hate.

The bike was stock-ish with a whopping 8 miles on it at the time of the stunt. He was given so many restrictions as to what he was and wasnt allowed to do. Its live tv. Things happen.

I'm glad I was able to be there to show my support and I promise it was and experience that I will brag about being a part of on my own little way for years to come.

Next time he needs to get off the bike do a cartwheel scream 'dale earnhart is the best let's kick midgets!' then run over to his girlfriend and start molestng her on national tv. Possibly kick the gladiator in the bawls first would have been cool too!!!

Haha
Kane

Come on bro watch the clip of what they showed on tv and tell me you still think that the stunt looked amazing or even remotely cool. If you do, you're lying
Old 01-29-2008, 01:50 AM

MATT L is a decent person

Props to Clint for getting the opportunity and exposure

And who freakin cares if the stunt wasn't impressive to stuntlife members.

If anyone on here had the opportunity to be the finale to a live tv show, you would be an idiot not to do it... Hell, if they asked anyone here to pull a side skitch for 1.8 miles on national TV, would you decline?
Old 01-29-2008, 01:51 AM

SIC J is an unknown quantity at this point

Hate hate hate

I'm proud of clint and his accomplishments so far his year. Starting off with a bang!!!

The drama and hate is to be expected. Doesn't matter what a person does. Its like highschool and come down to who a person is.

Had darius or teach done this people would have come running to swing nuts and lick bawls. But they didnt clint did. And how many of yall sat and watched the whole show just waiting to see it and be the first to hate.

The bike was stock-ish with a whopping 8 miles on it at the time of the stunt. He was given so many restrictions as to what he was and wasnt allowed to do. Its live tv. Things happen.

I'm glad I was able to be there to show my support and I promise it was and experience that I will brag about being a part of on my own little way for years to come.

Next time he needs to get off the bike do a cartwheel scream 'dale earnhart is the best let's kick midgets!' then run over to his girlfriend and start molestng her on national tv. Possibly kick the gladiator in the bawls first would have been cool too!!!

Haha
Kane
if it was Teach or Darius i would still say "congrats but that was GAY".

But when Clint comes on here and makes a statement like this....

"For everyone that thinks it was lame, you go through 1560 degree tunnel of fire and then come talk to me. Plus it was Network TV bitches!"

...... and acts like it was some GREAT stunt, then it makes you look 10 times more gay and youre gonna get even less respect and more hate.

now if he came on here and was like, Yea it was pretty easy but it was good exposure and now i have a "title", then it would be different. but dont front like it was some really dramatic death defying stunt when it really wasnt.

Call me a hater but I DO give props where props is deserved. Many of these same people talked **** about your record but I'll be the first to same that **** was pretty damn tight and something to be proud of. But this fake *** "tunnel" Clint went through, not impressive. but again, CONGRATS!
Old 01-29-2008, 01:59 AM
SERVIN IT UP

Darius is a decent person

I wouldn't ever go after something like that. If it got handed to me I would post up here and laugh about it like everyone else and it would be funny, no hating. But when it's all you see of the guy, and he does post here but only after the stunt we'll then it's gonna cause some people to bust on him. I hear Kane is gonna ride thru a tube of cotton candy for his next stunt
Old 01-29-2008, 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by Darius
I wouldn't ever go after something like that. If it got handed to me I would post up here and laugh about it like everyone else and it would be funny, no hating. But when it's all you see of the guy, and he does post here but only after the stunt we'll then it's gonna cause some people to bust on him. I hear Kane is gonna ride thru a tube of cotton candy for his next stunt
ive never really have been laughin when i wrote lol until now
Old 01-29-2008, 03:01 AM

aaronloi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Clint Ewing
Stunt life…

I almost regret going to the site today and checking on the posts from the Guinness event. I say almost because I did receive some good feedback along with the bad. I actually do like some negative posts because it leads me to believe I am doing something right. I take every opportunity that comes my way or that I make for myself and put everything I have into it. There are some great riders out there and I truly believe the most successful riders that will come out of the stunt community will be the riders that keep their head down and focus.

For everyone that thinks it was lame, you go through 1560 degree tunnel of fire and then come talk to me. Plus it was Network TV bitches!

Guinness Record Holder – Clint Ewing

Dunlop
Speed & Strength
Vortex
Kicker Audio
Carrozzeria Rims
Yuasa
Go Fast
Galfer
Jardine
Tyger Shark
Scotts Performance
Cheetah Racing Bodies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiFyHKr_HxE

Your video is in that link Clint. Hey check that video at minute 1.37. What a brush off What a bitch brushoff What a bitch brushoff What a bitch brushoff . Why didnt you smack her up there? ******* lady

Props for your record. :YEAH
Old 01-29-2008, 09:41 AM

crazy636stunter is a decent person

ha ha ha ha!
Old 01-29-2008, 11:00 AM

F4EaSyE is an unknown quantity at this point

Pink or Blue cotton candy... its makes all the difference to kane doing the trick or not.. be specific D
Old 01-29-2008, 11:30 AM
Embrace the Hate

EZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to behold

He was given so many restrictions as to what he was and wasnt allowed to do. Its live tv.

Kane
Ok first if I was given the chance to ride threw a "200 foot tunnel of fire" I might be intrested until I saw that. At that point I would laugh and walk away...unlike half of the stunt riders out there I'm not an ego manic and could care less about being on tv.

I didn't watch the show so I wasn't waiting to hate but if teach did this "stunt" I would dissapointed if I wasn't the first person to disown him from the east coast.

And as far as restrictions go its LIVE TV!! The beauty of it is you can do whatever you want....do you think if he did a wheelie they would go to a commerial??

I think like some others said if he posted up "hey it was gay but I was on tv" it would be different.

And val o you don't get paid to do a gbwr stunt so get your head out of your ***.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by EZEC
And as far as restrictions go its LIVE TV!! The beauty of it is you can do whatever you want....do you think if he did a wheelie they would go to a commerial??

I think like some others said if he posted up "hey it was gay but I was on tv" it would be different.

And val o you don't get paid to do a gbwr stunt so get your head out of your ***.
Have you ever heard of something called a contract and what can happen to you when you violate it? Probably not since McDonald's doesn't make you sign one when you work for them. As for getting paid do you think that the bike he used he had paid for? Or that Go Fast that got to slap their name on it didn't compensate him either? Just because NBC didn't give him a check doesn't mean that he didn't get or that he won't get tons of money as a result from being of national tv.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:19 PM

1SMF is an unknown quantity at this point

THIS IS A PRETTY COOL ONE

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DUuMBlD35aw

Last edited by 1SMF; 01-29-2008 at 12:43 PM.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:19 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

nice work on the exposure...but yeah....there's a difference between hollywood stunt riders and the real stunt riders..........imo.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:33 PM

thehate. will become famous soon enough

OK just saw the video clip!
DID YOU ****** PEOPLE NOT SEE HOW HARD IT WAS FOR HIM TO STAND UP!!!!! GOWD... HAVE SOME COMPASSION!!

Old 01-29-2008, 12:49 PM
Embrace the Hate

EZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to behold

Sorry val o I don't work at mcdonalds but that "stunt" was gay period.

so are you saying he got a bike out of the deal????and what is tons of money??? We must have a difference of opinion on what tons of money is then.

I have a really hard time believing there is a contract with NBC with a rules and conduct clause on something HES NOT GETTING PAID TO DO.

Quick Reply: Clint Ewings Guiness thing