Stunt Sprocket Setups????

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 07:00 PM

Juar3z is a decent person
Re: Stunt Sprocket Setups????

go haibikeshop.com or there is a dude here that makes steel sprockets for cheap I can't remember his name but I think trickshow bought 1 from him....
Old 01-27-2008, 07:14 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Yamaha412
I believe and know it can done, but i ask myself is it necessary stay stock...... anyone else new at stunting start out with stock gearing doing slow stunts???.........
I'l agree with stuff like circles, and SLOOOOw stunts, gearing definitely helps, doing what roger does is pimpin

I don't doubt you can ride, I just don't knwo if yo ucan ride a slow wheelie.. If you can't go at LEAST under 20mph and stay there without ever increasing speed, tehn you don't need to re-gear..

Everyone I see that gets sprocket before I they can ried as low wheelie, they end up chopping the throtlte way more, and riding shitty wheelies utnill they get used to it..

Riding a 15mph wheelie is gonna be the same with and without sprockets, its just once you get blow 10mph, thats where the bike starts to stall out and you need to gear or slip the clutch.

edit: trust me tho, dont regear tell your rocking idle with NO throttle input...

When I first started doing 20mph wheelies I thoguht to myself (there is no way I can go slower on stock gearing)
Then I hit 15mph steady, and was like "this is as slow as my bike will go before it stalls, theres no way it'll go slower"

more and more practice, and I was rocking 7-8mph idle with stock gearing all day....

Just today I got out, and cut my first circle with stock gearing... It was only 1, it was sloppy as hell, but it was a circle on stock gearing
Old 01-27-2008, 07:57 PM
Precison Performance Co.

Yamaha412 is a decent person

Ill try it, honestly thats the first time ive heard that starting with stock gearing in the way to go, other peoples thoughts please.....
Old 01-27-2008, 08:38 PM

lee majors is an unknown quantity at this point

if you don't know how and have not done any slow **** yet then do not go up any more than 1down 3up; start with that, then go from there. what you have to realize is that gearing actually makes the bike more twitchy on the throttle, therefore requiring more throttle control and since your throttle control is probly not where it needs to be, just get the -1/+3 setup, when you get slow **** on lock and wanna start movin on to circles or something, then go bigger(like 55 or 60 in the rear). hope that helps. good luck man!
Old 01-27-2008, 09:55 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

E RacK can only hope to improve

ur a racer, go as big as you want, when u gotta take off just put it in neutral n hit 100shot nos
Old 01-27-2008, 11:27 PM
Precison Performance Co.

dude, yes!!!
Old 01-27-2008, 11:41 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

I grew up a roadracer and tearing up the streets, this will be my first year doing freestyle stunting and i got a 99 R6 full decked out ready to go, but i'm waiting to finalize my sprocket setup. Any advice for setups, i want a full on freestyle setup, im not going to ride this on the streets at all. I was thinking -1/+20??? let me know
my homeboy rocks a 15 up front and a 60 in the rear and loves it.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:34 AM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

10-15 up, and why even change the front sproket ? i think people change the front so they can run a smaller sprocket in the back and fool people
Old 01-28-2008, 03:57 AM

gixxerkohl is a decent person

fyi i have on my 05 gixxer 750 16f 57 r and i love it but i sarted out in the begining at 16 46 up from the stock 17 43 even that made a huge difference
Old 01-28-2008, 07:40 AM

lee majors is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scott-
10-15 up, and why even change the front sproket ? i think people change the front so they can run a smaller sprocket in the back and fool people
goin' down in the front gives u torque, up in the rear engine brake, that's why.
Old 01-28-2008, 01:17 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Scott-
I think people run a front sprocket because you can make bigger changes, without changing your chain..

How can you go up 6 in the rear without buying a new chain, or doing ghetto **** with 2 master links? By going down 2 in the front...

Or my friend for example, bought his f4i with a stock rear, and a -2 in the front.. So he added the cheapest gearing setup available, a 54t vortex.. So now he has +8 -2, instead of wasting $30 more for a 62 sprocket..
Old 01-28-2008, 01:21 PM

F4EaSyE is an unknown quantity at this point

i would go down 2 in front and probably try to find a 78 tooth for your rear.. best way to learn..

just go up 10-12 like everyone else said, its perfect...
Old 01-28-2008, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by NASTYNATE3E
im riding stock for now.. but already got a 56tooth... an im pulling from 0 to 1 mph everytime no problem with stock an low idle... goin bout 8 to 13 mph trying to coast it but still a lil scary.... but yeah dont go to much up stay around 53 to start of...... an stock front u wont need dat much u can get usto anyhting basicly
nobody else caught this crock of **** , why are you ******* lying? i love how squids always put the approximate mph they were traveling in their whoolie. 0 to 1 mph, so what your saying is you stall your bike then try and do coasters, are you ******* kidding me.

QUIT MAKING **** UP BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW YOU ARE LYING!!!
Old 01-28-2008, 08:22 PM

F4EaSyE is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stock05
nobody else caught this crock of **** , why are you ******* lying? i love how squids always put the approximate mph they were traveling in their whoolie. 0 to 1 mph, so what your saying is you stall your bike then try and do coasters, are you ******* kidding me.

can u actually go 0 mph.. wouldnt that be stopped..
Old 01-28-2008, 08:23 PM

I believe and know it can done, but i ask myself is it necessary stay stock...... anyone else new at stunting start out with stock gearing doing slow stunts???.........
I'm not just saying it CAN be done

I'm saying its easier to ride a slow wheelie with stock gearing..

at 10mph and above, it's WAY easier to ride with stock gearing then with gearing..

at below 10mph, gearing becomes a helper..

Put it this way, if you arn't to the point you can crank your idle to 3 - 3.5k idle, and ride with NO throttle input, then you arn't ready for gearing...

Gearing just makes the bike more twitchy, but allows it to run at under 10mph without stalling out or using the clutch...
Old 01-28-2008, 10:28 PM
**** yo couch!!

Nasty nate! is a jewel in the roughNasty nate! is a jewel in the roughNasty nate! is a jewel in the roughNasty nate! is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by stock05

if u werent a dumb ******* mexican an learned how to read you would understand wat i said.... '' im pulling off'' that means im fully stopped if not mabye 1 mph then pulling off as in slipping the clutch ... ur such a fukin idiot go buy a ******* bike already an stop talking ****...... nobody got this crock of shyt mabye becouse everyone understood wat i said.. go sell oranges in the street yoou ****** doucheee

Last edited by Nasty nate!; 01-28-2008 at 10:30 PM.
Old 01-28-2008, 10:35 PM

bledsoe38 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by blinkybill04
just a video of OMR on stock sprockets doing circles and **** backing up some of your replies.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClZ2rji_mUw

good luck man!
pretty sick video
Old 01-28-2008, 10:47 PM
Precison Performance Co.

It basically comes down to engine performance and power in the ranges,

running stock gearing may work for bikes with already exsisting towque

bottom end...such as the F4i and gixers but the classic case of top HP put

out are yamahas... always have always will. What the R6 lack in bottom

end they tear **** up in the high revs so inevitably i lack bottom end

power and with have to run geared kits
Old 01-28-2008, 10:48 PM

gixer7fitty is a decent person

well im no stranger to streetbikes, i race so i was never really introduced

stunting till all my buddys who cant keep up with me in the twisties, just

stunt the streets, so its almost a must to take up stunting, by yaa i

appreciate all the advice ill give the stock gearing a go first, i got a few

months left til spring just got 3 inches of snow... sucks *** i hate the

winter....
bro..im totally with u on this! been on the sport/tourbikes all my life.. but just recently got the all out sports and got into stunting..i admit my gixer is not the best stunt bike but i got it for a few reasons... cant wait to beat the **** out of it at the spot's' i got about i grand in parts coming in the mail and up to my fawking neck (literally) in snow
Old 01-28-2008, 11:26 PM

im riding stock for now.. but already got a 56tooth... an im pulling from 0 to 1 mph everytime no problem with stock an low idle... goin bout 8 to 13 mph trying to coast it but still a lil scary.... but yeah dont go to much up stay around 53 to start of...... an stock front u wont need dat much u can get usto anyhting basicly
if u werent a dumb ******* mexican an learned how to read you would understand wat i said.... '' im pulling off'' that means im fully stopped if not mabye 1 mph then pulling off as in slipping the clutch ... ur such a fukin idiot go buy a ******* bike already an stop talking ****...... nobody got this crock of shyt mabye becouse everyone understood wat i said.. go sell oranges in the street yoou ****** doucheee
1. the word "off" was not used anywhere in your first post you stupid ****.

2. who the **** uses "im pulling off?" its called "clutching it up," "popping the clutch," or even "dumping the clutch."

3. so you still failed to mention anything about your coasters that you are not doing.

4. if you are using 8-13mph to describe your whoolie, again youre full of ******* ****, your going at least 40mph in your avatar and thats giving you the benefit of the doubt.

5. stop being a ******* tool, stop ******* lying, and shut the **** up, youre not fooling anyone.

Quick Reply: Stunt Sprocket Setups????