Stunt riding and AMA??

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 11:51 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person
Stunt riding and AMA??

i have a question and was wondering if somebody with the correct KNOWLEDGE could answer this correctly for me.....what does it take for the AMA to recognize a sport of motorcycling???? AMA supports hill climbing events, road racing, motorcross events, ice racing......what will it take for them to recognize a series such as xdl???
Old 01-26-2008, 11:57 PM

S.I.T can only hope to improve
Re: Stunt riding and AMA??

Subscribed......

Good question Ryan....

Although i'm still a squid in the stunt game, I would like to see something promising in the future when I decide to compete......
Old 01-27-2008, 12:03 AM
www.cycletreads.co.nz

Kevmo7 is a decent person

They might not think were as well branded and the sport isnt as professional as it seems
Old 01-27-2008, 12:05 AM

Nick Apex is a decent person

There was recently a decent conversation about it. Few good ideas came of it. But I'm still of the common thought at this point it could be more of a bad thing. What little benefits it may offer could be overwhelmed by the negatives.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:05 AM

thehate. will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Ryan S
i have a question and was wondering if somebody with the correct KNOWLEDGE could answer this correctly for me.....what does it take for the AMA to recognize a sport of motorcycling???? AMA supports hill climbing events, road racing, motorcross events, ice racing......what will it take for them to recognize a series such as xdl???
your talking about something that is going to be hard to push onto the AMA I road race Expert class and hold the #1 plate in AMRRA we tried to get AMRRA sanctioned a few years ago by the AMA it's like pushing a fat girl through a hula-hoop, you get a list of **** a mile long and once it's all done they may look at you! I will try to find the Road racing list and scan it it's too ******* long to type in!!
Old 01-27-2008, 12:10 AM
www.cycletreads.co.nz

Kevmo7 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Nick Apex
There was recently a decent conversation about it. Few good ideas came of it. But I'm still of the common thought at this point it could be more of a bad thing. What little benefits it may offer could be overwhelmed by the negatives.
what kind of negatives?? they cant be that bad.. can they?
Old 01-27-2008, 12:11 AM

steven-o is a jewel in the roughsteven-o is a jewel in the roughsteven-o is a jewel in the rough

thats a really good question!
Old 01-27-2008, 12:13 AM
hate practitioner

-Nasty- is a jewel in the rough-Nasty- is a jewel in the rough-Nasty- is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Nick Apex
just a drunk incoherent thought here

set up our own deal, play by our rules, made by our people, and have all this going, and then when its rolling smoothly IE xdl with all the bugs worked out, played by the structured rules of a sactioned body but tweaked to our standards, present it to the people it needs to be taken to, and if they dont like it **** them, we got our own thing going anyways

why adhear to others idea of how our **** should be ran

to many varibles involved
Old 01-27-2008, 12:28 AM

twentythreemx is a decent person

you dont want the AMA involved! too much politics along with everything
Old 01-27-2008, 12:39 AM
soon to be retired

ExtremeAcres is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree ^^^ I think they would take over ....make their own rules.... and bring people in that dont know hardly anything about stuntin'...

I think that's why AMRRA exist... and when i roadraced in Fla...their was another sanctioning club called FGPRA (Fla grand Prix riders assoc. ) and they held races at tracks that the AMA wouldn't allow us to race at ... and they were
Old 01-27-2008, 12:42 AM

MT B RRUTHLESS is a decent person

I honestly dont think its set up right enough for them to reconize it,I mean there isnt really a national comps alround the us,im thinking that xdl will bring that kind of pro level to the table.When XDL does go around the us it will bring some kind of attention to bigger money in the sport and media attention,,and open more doors in the future,,maybe not the AMA but our own assoc......We will see soon enough what will happen, i feel something big is going to happen in 08 to the sport.......of STUNTRIDING....................................... ....

Last edited by MT B RRUTHLESS; 01-27-2008 at 12:47 AM.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:58 AM
$$$$$$$

TheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by -Nasty-

set up our own deal, play by our rules, made by our people, and have all this going, and then when its rolling smoothly IE xdl with all the bugs worked out, played by the structured rules of a sactioned body but tweaked to our standards, present it to the people it needs to be taken to, and if they dont like it **** them, we got our own thing going anyways

+1!

and these stunting goin mainsteam threads are starting to suck just have to be patient.
since i joined the site in dec of 04.. this stuntin thing has gone a long way. so with time it will only get better
Old 01-27-2008, 02:27 AM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by -Nasty-

+2 i agree completely, FMX isnt sanctioned and they are doing fine.
Old 01-27-2008, 03:28 AM
Hate Hate Hate!

T-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really nice

Originally Posted by thehate.
I road race Expert class and hold the #1 plate in AMRRA
TOOT TOOT!!
Old 01-27-2008, 03:29 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by T-NECK
TOOT TOOT!!
Go to bed we are riding today :YEAH
Old 01-27-2008, 03:30 AM
Hate Hate Hate!

T-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really niceT-NECK is just really nice

Originally Posted by suicidl
Go to bed we are riding today :YEAH
werrrrrrd, porta? the other spot had hella trucks last time
Old 01-27-2008, 03:32 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by thehate.
it's like pushing a fat girl through a hula-hoop
Old 01-27-2008, 03:33 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

werrrrrrd, porta? the other spot had hella trucks last time
kanes spot first then porta if it has lots of trucks. i need a dumpster to put my wheelies in when i leave
Old 01-27-2008, 03:35 AM
Hate Hate Hate!

Originally Posted by suicidl
kanes spot first then porta if it has lots of trucks. i need a dumpster to put my wheelies in when i leave
sounds good, ill be there at 12 :YEAH
Old 01-27-2008, 03:36 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

sounds good, ill be there at 12 :YEAH
OR WE COULD GO NOW AND BRING TERROR TO THE EARLY MORNING CHURCH PEOPLE:YEAH :YEAH :YEAH

Quick Reply: Stunt riding and AMA??