New Fullthrottle Hand Brake

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 08:25 PM

Tony L can only hope to improve
Re: New Fullthrottle Hand Brake

Originally Posted by kj
Hey man... nothing personal..... we all share a common interest, and no disrespect intended.

I just call things how I see them.... and enjoy some playfull bickering on the internet after a shitty day of 20 degree weather.

Which brings me to my ONE final question for you.

And it's only to prove a point....

Have you ever actually ran the "HHD" dual caliper setup on your own bike??

Just a yay or nay... that's all I wanna know then I'm droppin the whole subject till i get my hands on this new FTI item.
yay sir yay... had a dual caliper of my 636 and rode a identical 636 to mine in daytona with a HHD dual, and a f4i with a hhd. worked good but i'll take my Full throttle any day... and i enjoy the playfull bickering too it makes the 90* days pass with ease lol
Old 01-25-2008, 08:52 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

i have had all 3 not the new fti here is what i have had problems with or seen

Old fti master
have seen this unit fail by i guess the internal seals go out.

fti adapter
Not thread in properly and it leak

GPT fitting
i have seen these also leak. mine never did and the orginal is still on my f4i that i sold

HHD
Never had a problem. never changed a set of pads in over a year of riding on my f4i. because they do not wear out as fast. as far as changing the tire. it is as easy as taking off 2 more bolts and putting the caliper to the side. 1 min tops.

waiting for someone to try the new fti master
Old 01-25-2008, 08:57 PM

Tony L can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by suicidl
i have had all 3 not the new fti here is what i have had problems with or seen

Old fti master
have seen this unit fail by i guess the internal seals go out.

fti adapter
Not thread in properly and it leak

GPT fitting
i have seen these also leak. mine never did and the orginal is still on my f4i that i sold

HHD
Never had a problem. never changed a set of pads in over a year of riding on my f4i. because they do not wear out as fast. as far as changing the tire. it is as easy as taking off 2 more bolts and putting the caliper to the side. 1 min tops.

waiting for someone to try the new fti master
I'll prob strap 1 on my 636 you can try it see what you think
Old 01-25-2008, 08:59 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Tony L
I'll prob strap 1 on my 636 you can try it see what you think
i am interested to see if the cable stretches or breaks over time
Old 01-25-2008, 09:07 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

thats exactly the same thing i thought when i seen it.

was there any R&D on this piece as far as a rider using it before release for an extended period of time?

does anyone know?
Old 01-25-2008, 09:09 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Originally Posted by Vetter
thats exactly the same thing i thought when i seen it.

was there any R&D on this piece as far as a rider using it before release for an extended period of time?

does anyone know?
ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT ALITTLE MONKEY SITTING IN THE SHOP JUST TO PULL THE LEVER

BECAUSE I DOUBT IT
Old 01-25-2008, 09:14 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

I would imagine it's going to be very similiar to a brake cable on a bicycle, it might stretch ever so slightly over time, but not enough to notice untill you notice more play in the lever, and even then, you can adjust it right back.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:18 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Originally Posted by Righteous 1
I would imagine it's going to be very similiar to a brake cable on a bicycle, it might stretch ever so slightly over time, but not enough to notice untill you notice more play in the lever, and even then, you can adjust it right back.
i hope it is bigger than a bike cable. what about the cable snapping issue
Old 01-25-2008, 09:33 PM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

i speculate that he would use something with tensile strength similar to that of a clutch cable.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:36 PM

DoodleF4i can only hope to improve

My hydraulic handbrake set up works perfect..not knocking the new FTI set up i just don't have any problems with my current set up to switch to something completely differnt. BTW i run the FTI super duty adapter and love it. i can switch from footbrake to handbrake to handbrake to footbrake with no problems at all.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:25 PM
Embrace the Hate

EZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kj

It's the regular broke *** run of the mill stunt riders'

Now... anybody wanna start a fundraiser for me?? I'll give ya my paypal?

ok there mr i have 2 full show/stunt bikes

should i post some pics of your hood rides???
Old 01-25-2008, 10:42 PM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EZEC
ok there mr i have 2 full show/stunt bikes

should i post some pics of your hood rides???
Hey, hey now.....

just cause I spend my tax money on bike stuff dosen't make me any less broke than anybody else.

I still owe MAD $$ for 06' 07' and now 08'.

Bein a small biz owner makes it REAL tough to put $$ aside each month for quarterlies....

If you were my accountant right now you'd be doin shots w/ the boys thinkin about how much bank you were gonna make from me this year
Old 01-25-2008, 11:19 PM
Embrace the Hate

EZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kj

If you were my accountant right now you'd be doin shots w/ the boys thinkin about how much bank you were gonna make from me this year
hey i can count pretty good......and i bet im cheaper. :YEAH
Old 01-26-2008, 07:50 AM

kaiks is an unknown quantity at this point

i pick up my supermoto tomorrow ill be getting u guys a review by monday
Old 01-26-2008, 09:44 AM
squid hunter

Trick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to behold

when ***** said bike... i remebered the first redesign of my hope downhill set up and it was a box just like this and it was to prevent brake fade due to exssesive heat..... we all ran it for like 2 races and went right back to the old master setup...... the reson being we were spending hours trying to adjust the cable...... and after running mt snow with the rock pit it was your cable would un-adjust at the box...... and i know that my line streched crazy the first 2 times i ued it.....

i guess my point is that why connect a ******* garbadge bike line to a 250$ master and sell your brembo (1 of the most respected names in motorsports) and expect it to be beter......

now i am going to try to say this the nicest way possable...
fti in the the big picture is nothing..... brembo, nissin, magura..... you are going to tell me that bill made a beter product then multi million dollor companies..... i dont think so.......

point is the brembo 16x18 or the magura 16 is designed for a 4 piston caliper....... this is unrguable
Old 01-26-2008, 10:02 AM

punishmentcycle is a decent person

Originally Posted by Trick
when ***** said bike... i remebered the first redesign of my hope downhill set up and it was a box just like this and it was to prevent brake fade due to exssesive heat..... we all ran it for like 2 races and went right back to the old master setup...... the reson being we were spending hours trying to adjust the cable...... and after running mt snow with the rock pit it was your cable would un-adjust at the box...... and i know that my line streched crazy the first 2 times i ued it.....

i guess my point is that why connect a ******* garbadge bike line to a 250$ master and sell your brembo (1 of the most respected names in motorsports) and expect it to be beter......

now i am going to try to say this the nicest way possable...
fti in the the big picture is nothing..... brembo, nissin, magura..... you are going to tell me that bill made a beter product then multi million dollor companies..... i dont think so.......

point is the brembo 16x18 or the magura 16 is designed for a 4 piston caliper....... this is unrguable
that new setup is based on leverage...if he got it right/with the right cable adjustment it should in theory work very well,(just like the msr and how it changes the leverage in the perch)my though is that you'll either lose the feel,get stupid sloppy lever,or just be so touchy that you spend so much time just getting used to it.. damn i forgot whop i'm quoting since when do you use A HB? i'm heading out by 12:30 so get that bike together and erics dead *** and let ride
Old 01-26-2008, 11:08 AM
kj

Originally Posted by punishmentcycle
i'm heading out by 12:30 so get that bike together and erics dead *** and let ride
You guys are riding today?!?!?!

*******!!! I'm on my death bed w/ the flu.... all i wanna do is be on my motorcycle
Old 01-26-2008, 11:10 AM
kj

Originally Posted by kj

I still owe MAD $$ for 06' 07' and now 08'....
oh yea... and a little of 05' still left to pay off

i'm on the ******* irs mthly payment plan.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:28 AM

punishmentcycle is a decent person

Originally Posted by kj
You guys are riding today?!?!?!

*******!!! I'm on my death bed w/ the flu.... all i wanna do is be on my motorcycle
that sucks!!!! atleast you have 20 bikes you can look at bastid...
next weekend i'm still down to take the trip out that way,just let me know
if your going out..
Old 01-26-2008, 12:35 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

It's supposed to be bigger and more heavy duty than a standard clutch cable

Quick Reply: New Fullthrottle Hand Brake