New Fullthrottle Hand Brake

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 12:19 PM

punishmentcycle is a decent person
Re: New Fullthrottle Hand Brake

Originally Posted by EZEC
I have the fti master...had one on my 1st bike too thought it was great.

Bought a brembo 16x18 and couldn't believe the feel and power.

Then I rode dakotas (punishmentcycle) f4i with the same setup PLUS a ss rear line. Huge difference. Super Solid feel and barely any lag.
So I went home and ordered a ss line (hai $29).

Thinking about the new system and how it works I don't see any problems except the feel of the cable lever...I know its still connected to hydraulic master but I would love to try it first. Plus its
Adjustable.
that what makes me think the setup would be on/off with little feel..all the feel is going to be lost thru the cable...but i have not tryed it nor will i for quite a while....but hey i could be wrong
Old 01-25-2008, 06:30 PM

Tony L can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by kj
c'mon now.... have you even ran a dual setup on your own bike?

I've run both dual and old school FTI.... so I can say no, it's not any more "work" than the FTI.
yes i have and here are my problems with running a dual caliper. A. getting your rear tire on is bitch. its twice the cost on brake pads, twice the weight, it doesn't look at all close to stock when you don't need all that extra working material when you can just use a simple adaptor to utilize the same amount of stopping power without the extra work. I think hohey has a great idea and a great market for people who want to go that rout i prefer the easy trouble free proven way with my full throttle adaptor that has always work flawlessly for me through the YEARS that i've owned it.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:37 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Tony L
yes i have and here are my problems with running a dual caliper. A. getting your rear tire on is bitch. its twice the cost on brake pads, twice the weight, it doesn't look at all close to stock when you don't need all that extra working material when you can just use a simple adaptor to utilize the same amount of stopping power without the extra work. I think hohey has a great idea and a great market for people who want to go that rout i prefer the easy trouble free proven way with my full throttle adaptor that has always work flawlessly for me through the YEARS that i've owned it.
we've already been through all that.

i ran an adaptor for a 2 summers. then ran a dual caliper for 2 sessions in atl... and it made my non radial master get alot stronger....

i do agree on the rear tire thing tho. its somewhat of a bitch but m sure once you get used to it its easer and easier everytime.

ive owned both and id take the dual caliper anyday just because its a breeze to bleed and i find myself bleeding my brakes alot for some reason or another. whether a crush washers starts leaking... a banjo bolt starts loosennig up... or just general maintenance id rather bleed the dual caliper setup.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:42 PM

I know with one brake my rear swing arm on the 636 is hell. for cost effectiveness the Full throttle is always cheaper over time.

I'm running a Brembo master to a full throttle pro setup then to the rear with all braided lines when i get it bled out it may take a few min but i'll never have to worry about anything until i break the seal on my line somehow. tire changes are a snap i dont spend tons of extra cash on rear brakes and there are far less mechanical parts to worry about braking. i have a 1 way direct system.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:48 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

Vetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to beholdVetter is a splendid one to behold

really? i think my 636 was a breeze. this f4i is a bitch to change out rear tires. course i havent done it alot yet. maybe 3 times.

about the pads tho...i would think that the set that you use most will wear faster. plus someone brung up the point that youre dispersing heat into 2 sets of pads so they actually dont wear as quick becasue apparently when the pads get hot they wear faster.

but thats too technical to me.

i need a radial. any radial. anyone have one laying around?
Old 01-25-2008, 06:59 PM

Halfrican is a decent person

um take one or both calipers off then put your wheel on then put the calipers back on. if you take your time its not that hard.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:02 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Halfrican
um take one or both calipers off then put your wheel on then put the calipers back on. if you take your time its not that hard.
+1 **** aint rocket science...
Old 01-25-2008, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Halfrican
compared to 1 nut, the axle out bust tires off changed and back on in 5 min and all you really need is a crescent wrench and a pair of tire spoons. your calipers stay intact the whole time.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:12 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

compared to 1 nut, the axle out bust tires off changed and back on in 5 min and all you really need is a crescent wrench and a pair of tire spoons. your calipers stay intact the whole time.
do u race nascar or something? it would be such a killer to take literaly 30 more seconds to take out two more bolts?

Last edited by sdfkillz; 01-25-2008 at 07:29 PM.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:14 PM
I Love To Post!

Compton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud of

All you have to do is unbolt the 2nd caliper, then it is exactly the same as stock. It takes an extra minute at most
Old 01-25-2008, 07:45 PM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

Tony... did you even READ my reply to this exact same thing you wrote a couple days ago!??! Are you ok? Drugs?

Ok... well since you missed it, here it is again.....
Originally Posted by kj
Those 2 arguments hold NO water... here's why:

You do not have to bolt or un-bolt calipers during a tire change....

There's 2 easy ways to do this:
1. Push on the caliper to move all the fluid back into the resi... giving you plenty of room to seperate the pads and slide the rotor up into/out of the calipers (this is how I do it, it's not hard).

2. Take out 1 bolt on each caliper... there's only 1 bolt holding the caliper on... the other is just a slide bolt... there's no need to loosen it.

So... you take the one 12mm bolt out and the caliper swings up and slides off.... very simple. Goes back on just as easy.

As far as pads go.... think about it. If you only use your hb most of the time your only going to have to replace your hb pads... and vice versa.

It's not like your going to go through pads any faster just cause you have 2 sets now. You're actually going to go through pads 2x slower because your distributing wear into 2 sets.

And you dissipate the rotor heat into 2 separate caliper/pad/fluid systems... resulting in an overall cooler running rear brake.... and LESS pad wear.

If anything DUAL CALIPER will save you $$. Especially if you use one more than the other.

For example: I use my footbrake alot more then my hb... so I only replace my hb pads every other foot brake pad change.

Let's only hear feedback from people who ACTUALLY have experience w/ both setups... otherwise your "opinion" is USLESS.

I'm running a Brembo master to a full throttle pro setup then to the rear with all braided lines when i get it bled out it may take a few min but i'll never have to worry about anything until i break the seal on my line somehow. tire changes are a snap i dont spend tons of extra cash on rear brakes and there are far less mechanical parts to worry about braking. i have a 1 way direct system.
The mechanical parts issue has been gone through already as well.... if you happen to crack your hb master/line/resi, OR foot brake master/line YOUR FUCKED FOR THE DAY... that's w/ the old school FTI. I've been there, done that and it sucks.

W/ a dual you can keep ridin... YAAAAY!!!

Only time will tell if the new FTI system is all it claims to be. Untill then people who have only experienced ONE system or ARE SPONSORED by a certain company should NOT COMMENT.

Jeezus why are people so damn thick headed.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:48 PM
kj

i dont spend tons of extra cash on rear brakes.
Nope... me either... I actually buy less pads and SAVE $$
Old 01-25-2008, 07:51 PM
Squid Extradoinaire

i still REALLY want to hear feedback on that NEW FTI system.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:54 PM
kj

Originally Posted by kj
...or ARE SPONSORED by a certain company should NOT COMMENT.
And this should go w/ out saying with ANY product....

Sponsored riders are going to give biased opinions NO MATTER WHAT.

It's the regular broke *** run of the mill stunt riders' (WHO HAVE TRIED the products in question) opinions that count... cause they're not trying to *** kiss or keep up w/ their contracts.

I'm going to buy one of these new FTI systems just to give USEFULL feedback to everybody that's wondering what it's like...

Now... anybody wanna start a fundraiser for me?? I'll give ya my paypal?
Old 01-25-2008, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by kj
Tony... did you even READ my reply to this exact same thing you wrote a couple days ago!??! Are you ok? Drugs?

Ok... well since you missed it, here it is again.....

The mechanical parts issue has been gone through already as well.... if you happen to crack your hb master/line/resi, OR foot brake master/line YOUR FUCKED FOR THE DAY... that's w/ the old school FTI. I've been there, done that and it sucks.

W/ a dual you can keep ridin... YAAAAY!!!

Only time will tell if the new FTI system is all it claims to be. Untill then people who have only experienced ONE system or ARE SPONSORED by a certain company should NOT COMMENT.

Jeezus why are people so damn thick headed.
you are right i am sponsored by Full Throttle. and you know what i have received in the last 2 years about 20 stickers and 1 master point being after the 3 bikes my full throttle master has been on i've never had issues or a result that would ever make me want to change back to dual caliper. I also don't normally ever have an issue mid day of me cracking a brake line an causing air to get in and full throttle or not i would pull over and fix the problem if i lost either my handbrake or rearbrake. there are more working parts on a 2 dual caliper setup... = more time = more money. Time is money. If i need to bleed my line i hook up my speed bleeder on the rear and i'm done i have 1 line in and out to trouble shoot. i guess agree to disagree.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by kj
And this should go w/ out saying with ANY product....

Sponsored riders are going to give biased opinions NO MATTER WHAT.

It's the regular broke *** run of the mill stunt riders' (WHO HAVE TRIED the products in question) opinions that count... cause they're not trying to *** kiss or keep up w/ their contracts.

I'm going to buy one of these new FTI systems just to give USEFULL feedback to everybody that's wondering what it's like...

Now... anybody wanna start a fundraiser for me?? I'll give ya my paypal?
agreed sponsored riders will back the people who back them but think of it this way if there was a better product that i would back wouldn't i run the better product. wouldn't nick apex, darius, kane, teach, dan jackson, etc run a different setup?? the point is we all have a product that works awesome if there was a better product we would be using it. Full Throttle does it well.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:09 PM

agreed sponsored riders will back the people who back them but think of it this way if there was a better product that i would back wouldn't i run the better product. wouldn't nick apex, darius, kane, teach, dan jackson, etc run a different setup?? the point is we all have a product that works awesome if there was a better product we would be using it. Full Throttle does it well.
so are you saying that hohey offered you a sponsorship and you turned him down?
Old 01-25-2008, 08:09 PM
kj

you are right i am sponsored by Full Throttle. and you know what i have received in the last 2 years about 20 stickers and 1 master point being after the 3 bikes my full throttle master has been on i've never had issues or a result that would ever make me want to change back to dual caliper. I also don't normally ever have an issue mid day of me cracking a brake line an causing air to get in and full throttle or not i would pull over and fix the problem if i lost either my handbrake or rearbrake. there are more working parts on a 2 dual caliper setup... = more time = more money. Time is money. If i need to bleed my line i hook up my speed bleeder on the rear and i'm done i have 1 line in and out to trouble shoot. i guess agree to disagree.

Hey man... nothing personal..... we all share a common interest, and no disrespect intended.

I just call things how I see them.... and enjoy some playfull bickering on the internet after a shitty day of 20 degree weather.

Which brings me to my ONE final question for you.

And it's only to prove a point....

Have you ever actually ran the "HHD" dual caliper setup on your own bike??

Just a yay or nay... that's all I wanna know then I'm droppin the whole subject till i get my hands on this new FTI item.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
so are you saying that hohey offered you a sponsorship and you turned him down?
yep
Old 01-25-2008, 08:25 PM

N*A*M is an unknown quantity at this point

i used to run a FTI setup loved it - thought it was the ****. but it was pretty hard to bleed with home tools. needed a power bleeder. the feel was awesome and this was with stock rubber lines at the back.

then got an f2 that i couldn't get a FTI setup for. so i welded my own dual caliper bracket. rocked that for awhile and learnt combos.

when i got my f4i, my FTI master would fit to it, but i chose to buy a HHD dual caliper bracket and sold the FTI. DC for me all the way and HHD makes the best DC brackets. i'm not doing off peg coasters, but i do a shitload of combos and off peg idle.

Quick Reply: New Fullthrottle Hand Brake