New Fullthrottle Hand Brake

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 09:01 PM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: New Fullthrottle Hand Brake

I have a simple solution to a big problem w/ this thread....

"This message is hidden because Crash Nash is on your ignore list. "

Last edited by kj; 01-23-2008 at 09:50 PM.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:46 PM

Tony L can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by Crash Nash
I'm not trying to bash the product...i was simply giving my opinion...I've used both products and HHD is the ****...
If your not trying to bash the product then why are you calling it crap. Full throttle has always given proven results used by the best for years not just because it looks cool. its 100% less work than a dual caliper and still in my opinion the best setup out there today bill does great work.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:52 PM
kj

Originally Posted by Tony L
its 100% less work than a dual caliper
c'mon now.... have you even ran a dual setup on your own bike?

I've run both dual and old school FTI.... so I can say no, it's not any more "work" than the FTI.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:04 PM

ABEStunts is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kj
c'mon now.... have you even ran a dual setup on your own bike?

I've run both dual and old school FTI.... so I can say no, it's not any more "work" than the FTI.
work as in having to deal with it every time you change a tire have to bolt two calipers back on. having to buy twice as many sets of break pads. i like that bill is thinking out the box. no first pump slack and don't have to move the rear res and no $200 brembo sounds sweet
Old 01-23-2008, 10:19 PM
kj

Originally Posted by fsbABE
work as in having to deal with it every time you change a tire have to bolt two calipers back on. having to buy twice as many sets of break pads. i like that bill is thinking out the box. no first pump slack and don't have to move the rear res and no $200 brembo sounds sweet
Those 2 arguments hold NO water... here's why:

You do not have to bolt or un-bolt calipers during a tire change....

There's 2 easy ways to do this:
1. Push on the caliper to move all the fluid back into the resi... giving you plenty of room to seperate the pads and slide the rotor up into/out of the calipers (this is how I do it, it's not hard).

2. Take out 1 bolt on each caliper... there's only 1 bolt holding the caliper on... the other is just a slide bolt... there's no need to loosen it.

So... you take the one 12mm bolt out and the caliper swings up and slides off.... very simple. Goes back on just as easy.

As far as pads go.... think about it. If you only use your hb most of the time your only going to have to replace your hb pads... and vice versa.

It's not like your going to go through pads any faster just cause you have 2 sets now. You're actually going to go through pads 2x slower because your distributing wear into 2 sets.

And you dissipate the rotor heat into 2 separate caliper/pad/fluid systems... resulting in an overall cooler running rear brake.... and LESS pad wear.

If anything DUAL CALIPER will save you $$. Especially if you use one more than the other.

For example: I use my footbrake alot more then my hb... so I only replace my hb pads every other foot brake pad change.

Let's only hear feedback from people who ACTUALLY have experience w/ both setups... otherwise your "opinion" is USLESS.

Last edited by kj; 01-23-2008 at 11:16 PM.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:37 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kj

1. Push on the caliper to move all the fluid back into the resi... giving you plenty of room to seperate the pads and slide the rotor up into/out of the calipers (this is how I do it, it's not hard).

2. Take out 1 bolt on each caliper... there's only 1 bolt holding the caliper on... the other is just a slide bolt... there's no need to loosen it.

So... you take the one 12mm bolt out and the caliper swings up and slides off.... very simple. Goes back on just as easy.

As far as pads go.... think about it. If you only use your hb most of the time your only going to have to replace your hb pads... and vice versa.

It's not like your going to go through pads twice as fast just cause you have 2 sets now. If anything, your going to go through pads 2x slower because your distributing wear into 2 sets.

And you dissipate the rotor heat into 2 separate caliper/pad/fluid systems... resulting in an overall cooler running rear brake.

If anything it will save you $$. Especially if you use one more than the other. For example: I use my footbrake alot more then my hb... so I only replace my hb pads every other foot brake pad change.

exactly and i also am a fan of
This message is hidden because Crash Nash is on your ignore list.
:YEAH :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH
Old 01-23-2008, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by kj

It's not like your going to go through pads twice as fast just cause you have 2 sets now. If anything, your going to go through pads 2x slower because your distributing wear into 2 sets.

And you dissipate the rotor heat into 2 separate caliper/pad/fluid systems... resulting in an overall cooler running rear brake.

If anything it will save you $$. Especially if you use one more than the other. For example: I use my footbrake alot more then my hb... so I only replace my hb pads every other foot brake pad change.
with a single caliper i do only half of what you just wrote.
1. have to do it for two calipers
2. again have to do those for two calipers
but whatever i'd rather just have a nice single rear caliper and not have to decompress two caliper. and either way you will still have to buy two sets of pads every other foot brake change. then you have to buy a new caliper. spend $40 for my adapter connect my lines and go ride. no bleeding two sets of breaks but whatever the all work. to each his own. full throttle all the way for me just cuz he is not settling for what we have now. bill took everyones complaints and came up with something that gets rid of said complaints. Thanks bill
Old 01-23-2008, 11:48 PM
kj

with a single caliper i do only half of what you just wrote.
1. have to do it for two calipers
2. again have to do those for two calipers
but whatever i'd rather just have a nice single rear caliper and not have to decompress two caliper. and either way you will still have to buy two sets of pads every other foot brake change. then you have to buy a new caliper. spend $40 for my adapter connect my lines and go ride. no bleeding two sets of breaks but whatever the all work. to each his own. full throttle all the way for me just cuz he is not settling for what we have now. bill took everyones complaints and came up with something that gets rid of said complaints. Thanks bill

Hey... cool bro... different people like different things.

But lemme just ask you one question... have you tried both?

No?

Ok... nuff said. I HAVE (a couple times).

If you've tried both setups feel free to comment. If not then your "opinion" is WORTHLESS... one more time... JUST LIKE THE CRASH NASH CLOWN on here.

Bottom line for 2 caliper:

You don't need to buy any more pads w/ a dual setup (besides on initial setup) then on a single.... as said above, if anything you buy LESS PADS, due to LESS WEAR.

If you want to bring up bleeding... Bleeding dual setups is WAAAAY easier than an adapter... it's MUCH easier to get all the air out.... and you only have to do it once on initial setup and your done.

You got a foot brake problem... fix and re-bleed footbrake. You got a hb problem... fix and bleed hb. Much easier than single system....

so... Next....

Please!!! Someone who's actually tried both come make a legit argument!!!!
Old 01-23-2008, 11:56 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

wow this thread is a bunch of useless
Old 01-24-2008, 12:03 AM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Scott-
wow this thread is a bunch of useless
and now you just added to it and so did i
Old 01-24-2008, 12:05 AM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stock05
and now you just added to it and so did i
haha i guess this product is just to new maybe in a month this thread will make some sense
Old 01-24-2008, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by kj
Hey... cool bro... different people like different things.

But lemme just ask you one question... have you tried both?

No?

Ok... nuff said. I HAVE (a couple times).

If you've tried both setups feel free to comment. If not then your "opinion" is WORTHLESS... one more time... JUST LIKE THE CRASH NASH CLOWN on here.

Bottom line for 2 caliper:

You don't need to buy any more pads w/ a dual setup (besides on initial setup) then on a single.... as said above, if anything you buy LESS PADS, due to LESS WEAR.

If you want to bring up bleeding... Bleeding dual setups is WAAAAY easier than an adapter... it's MUCH easier to get all the air out.... and you only have to do it once on initial setup and your done.

You got a foot brake problem... fix and re-bleed footbrake. You got a hb problem... fix and bleed hb. Much easier than single system....

so... Next....

Please!!! Someone who's actually tried both come make a legit argument!!!!
yes i have tried both i prefer the adaptor wich was very easy to bleed. i also tried both dual caliper set ups. one that used a stock front caliper and that which uses the stock rear. that with the front caliper was more of a pain to change the my tire. i'm glad you know what setups i've ridden with. dual caliper cost me more $ and time. got my adapter and caved $ in my initial setup and thereafter. a four foot line is cheeper that a six and half foot line(i get mine free but thats another topic) never have problems with my setup cuz i bleed it properly from the getgo. the dual caliper will not change . on the other hand the adapter and expensive mastercylinder has been done away with and the hb adapter has once again evolved to fix what ever problems they had and is now universal for whatever bike you have. new bike new setup and you will have to wait till one can be machined for the new bike. so what do you have against the adapter what is your argument against it? the damn thing works great and i never have to buy another when i get a new bike. sounds good to me:YEAH.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:24 AM

RHill is an unknown quantity at this point

how are you supposed to bleed the master? I'm guessing somehow with the banjo bolt, unless theres a bleeder on the inside...but that will be right beside the fork and a pain in the *** to get to.

Seems like a decent idea....hope to hear some real reviews
Old 01-24-2008, 12:54 AM
kj

yes i have tried both i prefer the adaptor wich was very easy to bleed. i also tried both dual caliper set ups. one that used a stock front caliper and that which uses the stock rear. that with the front caliper was more of a pain to change the my tire. i'm glad you know what setups i've ridden with. dual caliper cost me more $ and time. got my adapter and caved $ in my initial setup and thereafter. a four foot line is cheeper that a six and half foot line(i get mine free but thats another topic) never have problems with my setup cuz i bleed it properly from the getgo. the dual caliper will not change . on the other hand the adapter and expensive mastercylinder has been done away with and the hb adapter has once again evolved to fix what ever problems they had and is now universal for whatever bike you have. new bike new setup and you will have to wait till one can be machined for the new bike. so what do you have against the adapter what is your argument against it? the damn thing works great and i never have to buy another when i get a new bike. sounds good to me:YEAH.

Hey man... if you've actually tried both on your bike then that's awesome... and now we've actually got some valuable input and a valid argument. :YEAH

If you've already tried this new FTI setup, (which it seems you have from your reply), then tell us all how it feels... and if the problems have actually been fixed!?!?!

1st: compared to a regular adapter setup.

2nd: compared to a dual caliper setup.

Since you've had both... we're all waiting.....

In the meantime.... I'd just like to point out the fact that you seemingly have a problem w/ me backing the 2 caliper setups....

I've said more than once.... I've had both setups! And I like the dual better..... for many reasons (most of which I've already touched on).

And I DON'T have anything against the adapter.... if the new FTI hb turns out to get good feedback from credible riders, I'd LOVE to try it out. :YEAH

You've said yourself:
...no first pump slack...
Which tells us that you didn't know how to properly bleed your system... (and neither did I for that matter cause I could never get rid of that half a pump lag between foot/hb!!!!) ...but everyone else told me I sucked at bleeding.

I actually LIKE buying separate pads for each caliper.... go figure.

The above and the rest is moot untill we get some ACTUAL PRO RIDER FEEDBACK on the NEW system....

Last edited by kj; 01-24-2008 at 12:57 AM.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:59 AM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by kj
Which tells us that you didn't know how to properly bleed your system... (and neither did I for that matter cause I could never get rid of that half a pump lag between foot/hb!!!!) ...but everyone else told me I sucked at bleeding.
i dont want to get into another eBattle with you because you type some seriously long replies that i really hate reading, but how are you guys bleeding your system (adapter style) and having lag when you switch masters? i have never experienced that nor have any of those that i used to ride with.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:02 AM
kj

. a four foot line is cheeper that a six and half foot line....
a dual caliper setup w/ db bars takes a max 68" line...

I run a 66" w/ plenty of slack. If someone reccomended a 78" then be mad at them...
Old 01-24-2008, 01:09 AM
kj

i dont want to get into another eBattle with you because you type some seriously long replies that i really hate reading, but how are you guys bleeding your system (adapter style) and having lag when you switch masters? i have never experienced that nor have any of those that i used to ride with.
dude.... idk.

I've tried many times... and i could never completely get rid of that half a pump lag.

I'm very familiar w/ bleeding hydrolic systems.... from cars/truck brakes to snow plow systems and heavy equip... it's all the same... but I could never get that lag out...

I know alot of people that are in the same boat as well....

****.. even the 1st thread about the new FTI hb said the 1 pump lag was eliminated.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:14 AM
kj

I THINK I remember reading somewhere that it was because the footbrake piston didn't fully retract after using it... so the 1st pump of hb gave a "pump up" feeling while it was compressing the footbrake piston.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:21 AM

punishmentcycle is a decent person

wow....and i thought my new brembo was the ****!
i never had a problem with; the adapter(GP tech),hhd duel caliper(friends bike) and now i just put a fti master(old style) that along with my brembo and i dont need anything else. 300+ SS coasters....
point being, Run what ya brung!

KJ next weekend?
Old 01-24-2008, 01:26 AM

punishmentcycle is a decent person

Originally Posted by kj
I THINK I remember reading somewhere that it was because the footbrake piston didn't fully retract after using it... so the 1st pump of hb gave a "pump up" feeling while it was compressing the footbrake piston.
hey try this,it helped a little.
get it bleed as good as you can,warm it up(15 minute ride)crack the bleeder on the caliper.pull the lever to the bars(hb lever)hold it there,and have someone press and hold the foot lever and tighten the bleeder with both masters fully depressed. repeat a couple times and ride...

Quick Reply: New Fullthrottle Hand Brake