Tygershark......2 or 3 ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 02:03 PM
www.myspace.com/weeee420

nina weee will become famous soon enoughnina weee will become famous soon enough
Tygershark......2 or 3 ?

Im ordering my cage for the f4i next week and want opinions, please.

I thought i had my mind made up on the CJ-3...... but now im curious..

CJ-3 has an extra bar of steel than the Apex Predator...... more protection, common sense..

but someone mentioned the Apex being a bit better because its not as heavy, and still has the same protection..................................

Is there THAT much of a weight difference between the 2 .. ?

for an extra $20 It just makes sense to me to order the CJ-3......... go big or go home, no ?

just curious..
Old 01-23-2008, 02:07 PM

JohnnyP is a decent person
Re: Tygershark......2 or 3 ?

Oh you never listen... I explained this to you like this...

CJ3 has 3 bars but they are smaller diameter bars

The 2 bar one uses a thicker bar, that is why it is supposidly stronger but a little heavier
Old 01-23-2008, 02:11 PM

DEBO is a decent person

JP is smart.... Listen to him
Old 01-23-2008, 02:16 PM
www.myspace.com/weeee420

nina weee will become famous soon enoughnina weee will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Oh you never listen... I explained this to you like this...

CJ3 has 3 bars but they are smaller diameter bars

The 2 bar one uses a thicker bar, that is why it is supposidly stronger but a little heavier

shaddup momo I always listen to you.....

I just wanna know opinions from different people both running the apex and the CJ3

Or just let me ride one of your milllion 636's and test it out for myself ! :
Old 01-23-2008, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by nina weee
shaddup momo I always listen to you.....

I just wanna know opinions from different people both running the apex and the CJ3

Or just let me ride one of your milllion 636's and test it out for myself ! :
Ok then why dont you ask for half and half, and you can tell us which side holds up better..

I have the CJ3 but if I have to buy another one Im going with the Apex(2bar), I was told after I bought the CJ3 that the bars are thinner dia...
Old 01-23-2008, 02:23 PM

kosi28 is an unknown quantity at this point

go with the cj3
Old 01-23-2008, 02:23 PM
www.myspace.com/weeee420

Ok then why dont you ask for half and half, and you can tell us which side holds up better..

I have the CJ3 but if I have to buy another one Im going with the Apex(2bar), I was told after I bought the CJ3 that the bars are thinner dia...

I remember one of your few crashes and the slider cracked in half....

do they break easily ?
Old 01-23-2008, 02:34 PM

I remember one of your few crashes and the slider cracked in half....

do they break easily ?
No that was a big one, both wheels off the ground to pancake The slider cracked yes, but the bike bounced back onto its wheels and keep going...Thats why me and Mike always joke around about the TS and how you have to be ready cause they bounce right back and keep going

I was actually happy even thou the slider cracked, because with any other cage Ive tried there would have been more damage with a crash like that...If it was a cage that goes under the bike it would have shifted and melted my bodywork again And I probably would have cracked my tail and upper...So $40 for 2 new sliders was no biggie, I'll take that after a hit like that any day...

Im also just glad the slider hit Greg in the chest and not the face, it shot at him like a bullet and he almost had to go down to the ground it stung so bad....

Couldnt be happier with the TS, used to go through 1-3 cages a season. Im going into next season with the same TS I used all last season...
Old 01-23-2008, 02:42 PM
www.myspace.com/weeee420

No that was a big one, both wheels off the ground to pancake The slider cracked yes, but the bike bounced back onto its wheels and keep going...Thats why me and Mike always joke around about the TS and how you have to be ready cause they bounce right back and keep going

I was actually happy even thou the slider cracked, because with any other cage Ive tried there would have been more damage with a crash like that...If it was a cage that goes under the bike it would have shifted and melted my bodywork again And I probably would have cracked my tail and upper...So $40 for 2 new sliders was no biggie, I'll take that after a hit like that any day...

Im also just glad the slider hit Greg in the chest and not the face, it shot at him like a bullet and he almost had to go down to the ground it stung so bad....

Couldnt be happier with the TS, used to go through 1-3 cages a season. Im going into next season with the same TS I used all last season...

Ya that was probably the roughest crash your ninja went thru

It hit greg in the chest ? **** that must have hurt... I didnt even see that..... Probably would've knocked him out if it hit him in the head.......thank god it didnt...

Ive seen the beating the TS cages take in our lot...... I multiply that by 100 and figure ill be ok ................

anyone else ordering one that you know of in the lot ? bulk order would make sense if others are ordering soon....

It says to call for International shipping.... Im going to call after work but since you're here i figure ill ask... do you remember how much shipping was ?
Old 01-23-2008, 02:57 PM

I never called I did everything through Emails, shipping was like $40-50 as usual for a cage. I just send an Email asking for a Paypal money request for the total with shipping to my address, and the chick that works the office sent me the Paypal request..Whatever you do make sure they use USPS not UP, I asked for USPS and they somehow fucked up and sent it UPS. So I got hit up for like an extra $100 at the door, my buddy bought one like a week later and they did ship his USPS and he only had to pay $35 at the door...
Old 01-23-2008, 03:03 PM
www.myspace.com/weeee420

an extra $100 at the dooor ??? you basically got a $500 cage..****.. good thing its your 2nd season and you're getting your moneys worth....

Im guna hit em up now and ask them to send me a receipt thru paypal with the total.......and I hope they use USPS
Old 01-23-2008, 03:08 PM

an extra $100 at the dooor ??? you basically got a $500 cage..****.. good thing its your 2nd season and you're getting your moneys worth....

Im guna hit em up now and ask them to send me a receipt thru paypal with the total.......and I hope they use USPS
Thats how UPS rolls, dont even get me started....I'll straight up kill a **** in a brown truck and uniform. Just make it really clear that you will not accept UPS for shipping....
Old 01-23-2008, 03:08 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

the Apex seems stronger to me, I had the cj3 on the old 636, If I were to get one again I would go with the Apex(2bar) one
Old 01-23-2008, 03:16 PM
www.myspace.com/weeee420

Thats how UPS rolls, dont even get me started....I'll straight up kill a **** in a brown truck and uniform. Just make it really clear that you will not accept UPS for shipping....
HAHA.........just make sure he's already delivered my packages before you do any damage....

Originally Posted by Beto
the Apex seems stronger to me, I had the cj3 on the old 636, If I were to get one again I would go with the Apex(2bar) one

hmmmmmmm
Old 01-23-2008, 03:23 PM

shky4 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Beto

If I remember right, the cj3 Beto used bent on a simple drop of the bike.
Old 01-23-2008, 03:28 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

DURTY has a spectacular aura aboutDURTY has a spectacular aura about

Ok then why dont you ask for half and half, and you can tell us which side holds up better.. ...

UNLESS... u tell them to send it as a warranty!!! RIGHT JOHNNY?!?!?!
Old 01-23-2008, 03:28 PM

DirtyToes is a decent person

CJ-3!!!!!!!!

...but i say that caz i didn't know the apex has thicker diameter pipes. so i guess listen to teh boyz above.
Old 01-23-2008, 03:29 PM

DirtyToes is a decent person

wait wats wrong with UPS?
Old 01-23-2008, 03:33 PM
www.myspace.com/weeee420

Originally Posted by DirtyToes

he's had some back expiriences ( read posts above! )

and whenever I get **** UPS they ALWAYS charge c.o.d with is because Ive even received things marked as 'gifts' with the person on the other end already paying for all shipping and other necessary costs.... but still get asked for money when the man rings on my dooor....
Old 01-23-2008, 03:39 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

DURTY has a spectacular aura aboutDURTY has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by DirtyToes
https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-s...-companys.html <<<thats wats wrong