gsxr to a f4i

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 09:25 PM

georgeeboy is a decent person
Re: gsxr to a f4i

Originally Posted by Josh Faught
damn nubes.......im glad this thread started cause i was just thinkin the other day if i was on a dif bike i would have progressed alot more already but i wasnt sure if it was just lack of skill....one thing about it tryin to ride a gsxr your gonna have some serious throttle control on another bike
when I had my shitzer i road my buddies f4i, the next week i got ride of my bike and got the f4izzle. best thing that has ever happened to me f4i for life
Old 01-22-2008, 09:27 PM

gixer7fitty is a decent person

oh well im gonna give this a try anyway.. to much of a pain to try to fix and sell this one and have(find) a lot bike ready for the spring.. fawk it!:YEAH
Old 01-22-2008, 09:31 PM

Josh Faught is an unknown quantity at this point

ya iv rode a f4i once when i was just starting to ride and trying to catch idle i got on my buddys two times clutchin it up i was cruising around on idle on it...............damn gsxrs are ****** twitchy
Old 01-22-2008, 09:35 PM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

damn nubes.......im glad this thread started cause i was just thinkin the other day if i was on a dif bike i would have progressed alot more already but i wasnt sure if it was just lack of skill....one thing about it tryin to ride a gsxr your gonna have some serious throttle control on another bike
all anti-brand jokes aside, different people fit on different bikes better than others....... I know someone who always rode an 01 gix and did well on it, but couldnt ride a 954 or F4i nearly as well. Now for me, I started on a 600RR, which I did pretty good on as long as I was on the street, but felt like I wasted alotta time in the lot on it.....got the F4i and instantly felt at home in the lot(but sacrificed the power for the street!), the bike just fit me better!

I've wanted to give a 636 an honest shot and see if I could be able to use it in both aspects, but now with a kid on the way, I'm gonna stick to the lot since I have too much to risk on the streets now.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:38 PM

ya i hear ya i owe lots and lots of money on my gsxr still so im gonna have to make it work unless i happen to come across a bargain on something else....besides ive rode it this long i might as well keep on going ha ha
Old 01-22-2008, 09:41 PM

i was in the same boat with my RR, and after riding a couple F4i's, I really wanted one......i just waited til an F4i came acrossed with a price I couldnt resist.....I now pay $55/month for the F4i! LoL

I couldnt afford it, but couldnt afford not to get it at the same time. Look at it this way, its EASY to unload an F4i unless you way overpay!
Old 01-22-2008, 09:45 PM
www.sicriders.com

SIC Nate is an unknown quantity at this point

I just switched from an 05 gsxr750 to a 06 636 and wow! I've been on gsxr's since day 1 with an SRAD 600, then a SRAD 750, then an 03 750, then the 05.

I know I would have progressed sooner/faster on a different bike. Especially for cricles!
Old 01-22-2008, 09:47 PM

ya im just looking for that 2000 dolla deal that you always hear about someone else gettin ha ha il come across one eventully but for now im just gonna work with my donkey....im up 14 teeth right now im gonna try to drop it to like up 8 or so and im thinkin then it wont be so hard to be smooth on it
Old 01-22-2008, 09:49 PM

sicvic187 is a decent person
Talking Re: gsxr to a f4i

Are GSXR's Really that bad, I was just about 2 pick one up..
Old 01-22-2008, 09:51 PM

$$$$DINO$$$$ is a decent person

i am learning pretty fast on mine..i just wish it was a little smother..
Old 01-22-2008, 09:53 PM

Johnf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by eazenutz33
all anti-brand jokes aside, different people fit on different bikes better than others....... I know someone who always rode an 01 gix and did well on it, but couldnt ride a 954 or F4i nearly as well. Now for me, I started on a 600RR, which I did pretty good on as long as I was on the street, but felt like I wasted alotta time in the lot on it.....got the F4i and instantly felt at home in the lot(but sacrificed the power for the street!), the bike just fit me better!

I've wanted to give a 636 an honest shot and see if I could be able to use it in both aspects, but now with a kid on the way, I'm gonna stick to the lot since I have too much to risk on the streets now.
dont get me wrong 01s ar the og stunt bikes that and 929sss,, but the 01 is a lot dif than an 05
Old 01-22-2008, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by $$$$DINO$$$$
i am learning pretty fast on mine..i just wish it was a little smother..
iv never rode an older gsxr but i know there is or was alot more killin it on the 01-03 than the 04 05 especially 7fizzles.....i dunno maybe its just lack of skill on my end
Old 01-22-2008, 09:55 PM

ya im just looking for that 2000 dolla deal that you always hear about someone else gettin ha ha il come across one eventully but for now im just gonna work with my donkey....im up 14 teeth right now im gonna try to drop it to like up 8 or so and im thinkin then it wont be so hard to be smooth on it
im sorry man but thats how i got mine 2,000 no title,, but it did come with a 1000rr front end on it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Old 01-22-2008, 09:56 PM

ha ha see everyone else finds that deal but poor old me lol
Old 01-22-2008, 10:00 PM

iv never rode an older gsxr but i know there is or was alot more killin it on the 01-03 than the 04 05 especially 7fizzles.....i dunno maybe its just lack of skill on my end
i know im no pro,,, or for that matter have SKILL,,,, but if your not cheating your not trying,,,,,,, but warren james kills it on gsxr,,,,,,
Old 01-22-2008, 10:01 PM

ha ha see everyone else finds that deal but poor old me lol
sorry man,,, i did find it on here,,,,,,,,
Old 01-22-2008, 10:10 PM

gixer7fitty is a decent person

taxes and freight the '05 put me back 2900 the bike is straight and runs like new. got..got si engine cage, oil pickup, brakelines, sf front light, sprockets and chain on order(go up 10 and get blue string).. that enough to get started and should keep me busy in the shed for a while before spring!
just something to keep me from beating up my new one

going to florida in mid april ..will be ready to kiss warm dry salt free pavement by then.

Last edited by gixer7fitty; 01-22-2008 at 10:14 PM.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:30 PM

I know the 01's are OG and alot different, but just making the point that different bikes for different people

I hate to mention it....I got my F4i for $2700 with a clean title....just needed a not so deeply dented tank, and had no side fairings or anything on the front end but forks and controls.
I was able to afford woodcraft rearsets, we built a 12 bar and my buddy Andy Clem hooked me up with a killer cage, got an ohlins damper, and vortex clipons, then pieced a handbrake together with a HoHey bracket....I was around maybe $3500 stuntable using gears off my RR. I've since added more stuff like a brembo, new SFz hohey bracket, 954 front end,......but the bike was stuntworthy for $3500, although it wasnt the prettiest! Which F4i's are ugly bikes anyways!
Old 01-22-2008, 10:39 PM

georgeeboy is a decent person

Originally Posted by eazenutz33
although it wasnt the prettiest! Which F4i's are ugly bikes anyways!

they might look bad but a good rider makes them look very clean
Old 01-22-2008, 11:12 PM

even a great rider cant make those ugly fairings looks as good as a 636 or RR. Streetfightered it doesnt matter much, and custom paint helps alot, but the fairings on the 636s and RRs are far better looking.....I even admit the fairings on fixxers look pretty good.

If the ergos of the RR were like the F4i, I never woulda switched since my RR pulled like a champ on idle. The F4i is a lil gutless, but strong, but to me is mainly roomy and big enough for me.....its shape and size just seems perfect to stunt it.

Quick Reply: gsxr to a f4i