any tricks for 600rr

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 11:07 PM

Damien C6 is an unknown quantity at this point
any tricks for 600rr

i am getting a 03 600rr. any modifications i need to know about .
idle screw ,tricks for crushing tank . you know to set it up . removing any air valves????
Old 01-20-2008, 11:19 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light
Re: any tricks for 600rr

idle mod, its a pain in the ***, theres alot of **** under the tank cover. the ecu and wiring harness its right on top of the air box. a cable from an f2 is real long, others will tell you what they think is longest but on my 600rr, the f2 cable is long enough to come out the same spot that the stock one comes out of. theres like 10 threads going right now about denting the tanks so look around, its not that hard. vortex clip ons work real well flipped. i used the stock exhuast for a 12 bar.....ehhh i like SI cages........idk what else. thats it i guess everything is really preference on what u wanna run but nothing special need to be done to the bike cept the idle mod.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:24 AM
www.cycletreads.co.nz

Kevmo7 is a decent person

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
idle mod, its a pain in the ***, theres alot of **** under the tank cover. the ecu and wiring harness its right on top of the air box. a cable from an f2 is real long, others will tell you what they think is longest but on my 600rr, the f2 cable is long enough to come out the same spot that the stock one comes out of. theres like 10 threads going right now about denting the tanks so look around, its not that hard. vortex clip ons work real well flipped. i used the stock exhuast for a 12 bar.....ehhh i like SI cages........idk what else. thats it i guess everything is really preference on what u wanna run but nothing special need to be done to the bike cept the idle mod.
I run a FI cage, seems to be fine, i dont know why everybody gives FI so much ****, its not that bad
Old 01-21-2008, 12:29 AM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

omr subcage
Old 01-21-2008, 12:29 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Kevmo7
I run a FI cage, seems to be fine, i dont know why everybody gives FI so much ****, its not that bad
from what i know, they do work well on 600rr's and f4i's but ive personally witnessed dozens of cage failures on gsxrs and 636's where the cage slammed right into the stator cover and smashed it. i dont like the looks of the cages either. i never seen a SI or tygershark do anyones bike bad. some may debate but thats from my own experience.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:35 AM

silverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to allsilverstunterR6 is a name known to all

looks like the 600RR is the new bike to have?
I hear a bandwagon coming
Old 01-21-2008, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by silverstunterR6
looks like the 600RR is the new bike to have?
I hear a bandwagon coming
i was only on the wagon for a minute im heading right back to my 636.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:12 AM

Damien C6 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=silverstunterR6;3118958]looks like the 600RR is the new bike to have?
I hear a bandwagon coming [/QUOT

i had an f4i but it didnt suit my style , i would have gotten a 636 but i think the hondas are stronger . oh and i am stealing all the parts of teachs east coast 600rr . so i will save alot of money setting it up :YEAH
Old 01-21-2008, 08:43 AM

crazy636stunter is a decent person

i sold my 636 and now im on a 600rr. i miss the 636 already, but the rr will get it done. i worry about the sub frames on the rr, and has anyone had any issues with rearsets breaking? should i go ahead and get some woodcrafts for it? the fi cages do work well on some bikes, but not the 636! i always kept my cage tight and it still flexed into my stator one night. nothing but an si will do for a 636.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:07 AM

fatboystuntz will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Damien C6
idle screw ,tricks for crushing tank . you know to set it up . removing any air valves????
give gil al call...hes figured out alot with those bikes and his is set up really nice
Old 01-21-2008, 10:38 AM

steve02r6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
from what i know, they do work well on 600rr's and f4i's but ive personally witnessed dozens of cage failures on gsxrs and 636's where the cage slammed right into the stator cover and smashed it. i dont like the looks of the cages either. i never seen a SI or tygershark do anyones bike bad. some may debate but thats from my own experience.
Yup I seen the FI cages break off at the motor mounts and break the stator cover on the gsxr and a 636 first time they had a crash. I had a FI on my 600 rr and so did my buddy and I flipped and rolled mine a millioni times and never had a problem with it, them seem to be better suited for the hondas imo. I got a 636 now went wiht a SI cage for that and I must say I like my 636 better than the 600 rr.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:41 AM

steve02r6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by crazy636stunter
i sold my 636 and now im on a 600rr. i miss the 636 already, but the rr will get it done. i worry about the sub frames on the rr, and has anyone had any issues with rearsets breaking? should i go ahead and get some woodcrafts for it? the fi cages do work well on some bikes, but not the 636! i always kept my cage tight and it still flexed into my stator one night. nothing but an si will do for a 636.
From hearing about other peoples subframes cracking off on the rr I reinforced mine, attached some flat bar to the 12 bar going down the side of the subframe and bolting down into my cage. I could smack the bar as hard as I wanted and never had a problem with it.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:41 AM
DEAD BABIES SYNDICATE

danherz is a decent person

Originally Posted by Damien C6
What up damien? Just picked up my 05 yesterday, looks like we will both be rockin em this year :YEAH :YEAH
Old 01-21-2008, 11:20 AM

EEKENTERPRISES is a decent person

Do this before any mod....

Old 01-21-2008, 05:20 PM
Is building another f4i

skillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really nice

I heard this guy Teach hot wires the electric fan to run backwards .I dont know how that helps but you cant argue with success
Old 01-21-2008, 05:21 PM
Is building another f4i

skillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really nice

Originally Posted by danherz
What up damien? Just picked up my 05 yesterday, looks like we will both be rockin em this year :YEAH :YEAH
welcome to the club
Old 01-21-2008, 07:58 PM
DEAD BABIES SYNDICATE

danherz is a decent person

Originally Posted by skillz
welcome to the club
thanks bro!
Old 01-21-2008, 08:52 PM
Group Moderator

Manubi is an unknown quantity at this point

good post i thought.

Originally Posted by Ordi
Couple days ago I was denting my tank in 600rr. I was searching a info about it every where. So now I thought that I can help sb to do it right.

First, you must dent your metal tank. Don't hit the opening because it will break (like mine)! The best way is to hit around opening.

When you dent it, you must dent a plastic cover. To do it, you must use a heater (the best is 3kW or more). I had 2 heaters (both 1,5kW). You must heat it from inside (thanks to that the paint from the cover wouldn't fall of).

When the cover is hot you must fast get it on bike and pull hard down on the tank. USE GLOVES - it's very hot!!! Do it quickly, because it's getting cold very fast.

When you do it, than you can heat it on some smart area and do the form as you want.

When I will finish my tank, I will show some pics.

Have fun with that :YEAH
Old 01-21-2008, 10:53 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

E RacK can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by crazy636stunter
sets are pretty strong, pegs break n the set will bend, heat 'em n get a thick prybar
Old 01-22-2008, 09:52 AM

stuntnrr is a decent person

like sdf said.. you will have to do a idle mod wiht the 03-04... but the 05-06 is already set up...

check out the stunt section over at 600rr.net ceph and teach have some nice stickies.. idle mod. how to dent the tank.. bas bypass and fan switch mod...

*disclaimer* once again im not trying to push the forum name.. but they asked for insight so im pointing them in the general direction of a 600rr site...

Quick Reply: any tricks for 600rr