My stuntwars 08 recap..

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 07:54 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person
My stuntwars 08 recap..

Wow.. what a trip. just got home from the 6k mile 2 week trip.
so glad to be back and sleep in my own bed and not tices' couch or a la quinta! (spanish for discomfort!)

I had a great time, got there early got some really good riding in. got to say hi to a lot of friends... across the board i had a blast.

I wish i had done better in the finals than I did, but before I just cry and call sandbag from the judges.. Ill sit back and take my licks.. apparently I have some serious tightening to do to my runs and maybe a few new tricks to learn. I cant deny that sadly the one thing I really slacked on in 2007 was actually getting to set aside a bike, and some time to serious lot practice. and it showed. I placed 12th in the finals a mere 2 points away from qualifying.. DOH! i can honestly say thought, that my weak placing has done a lot to kick some serious motivation in my ***, that i havent felt in a long time. I am soo eager to hit the spot tomorrow and start destroying one of those new 08s i got sitting downstairs.. finally after years of doing this i am gonna have myself a genuine apex-esque beat the snot out of it practice bike... soo many new tricks ive been wanting to learn and just havent been able to doso.. well.. nows the time.. i dont have jack all to do from now until march 22 XDL besides break my bikes and thrash some gear!!! skeeeewooooopp.. Happy is gonna learn to putt!!

to the riders that did qualify and do well.. its obvious why.. it amazes me how far the leaps of ability from the riders continue to be every contest.. the talent pool this year was fierce!!

still took home a nice 1st place team, my only complaint is that team even really should happen early in the day so that more of the crowd actually gets to see it. as not only is it the most fun part of stuntwars, its gotta be the most entertaining to watch!!!

im proud of my boy teach for doing as he said he would and securing his 1st place. he really is the best stunt competition rider in the world! fat props to a lot of riders for really pullin together despite the many technical, and injury problems that were abound this year.

I have 1st, 8th, and 10th place bikes still sitting in the trailer outside. I guess had i not brought their bikes I would have qualified!! hahaha..

Sitdown steve and that sparky cat from europe.. wow.. straight up sitdowns no front wheel, and sparkies drifts.. gotta be the most amazing things i have EVER seen on a sportbike.. WOW!!!

despite the crap weather on sunday, and my sweet spectator position i found myself in... I thought it was prolly the most fun ive had at a stunt comp in ages.

Drama was definatley abound this year... moreso id say than usual.. from the anti-britton charge across the board to finally getting some stuff out in the open that a few of us been needing to talk about for awhile.. teach, colton.. the circle never been so strong!! and im really glad.

Ive seen stunting come a long way in the last 10 years, and I really think the success that a lot of us experienced in 07, is just now starting to reality check us, and makes us all realize that this monster is getting bigger...

the total comedy of the stuntwars staff trying to run the event as if it were an AMA sanctioned one has me still laughing.. yelling at darius for doing doughnuts in his viper, while its totally ok for dual amputees, and naked PCP to do as they please.. WTF? is it just me or are the staff forgetting.. ITS STUNTWARS?!?!?

watching my camera crew and agent getting kicked off of the venue for "lack of proper credentials" totally reminded me that even though the stunt world is at a peak of proffessionalism, it still has its head so far up its *** that we all really need to re-evaluate and change some of the way things are run.

props to colbert for again giving us all the opportunity to partake in what i feel now is a legendary time and experience for the motorcycle world, and i am glad i was there!

i will be there again for sure next year, hopefully i can have a chance to qualify eh!? haha..

all in all.. a great week and a great way to start the year.. 08 is gonna be a big one, for myself, for a lot of my friends, and for the SPORT that is stunting...

c yall at the next one...

sorry no pics on my end this year.. my camera got stolen sometime during weds practice... oh well..

-kane
Old 01-19-2008, 08:05 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold
Re: My stuntwars 08 recap..

atleast we motivated you for this year

you still have that seat we talked about

Name:  stuntwars200813538.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  48.7 KB
Old 01-19-2008, 08:08 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

got the seat upstairs. i have to ship out sitdown some tires this weekend also.. so hit me an email at kane@kaneone.com and ill get it out to you..

---

oh and i just wanted to add that of the 6000 miles driven I personally only drove 150 miles.. lol.. teach and my buddy gerald were like giddy kids.. "yaaay road trip" fighting over who got to drive.. i just chilled in the back and slept in the megacab!! its good to be king..

-kane
Old 01-19-2008, 08:09 PM
www.myspace.com/weeee420

nina weee will become famous soon enoughnina weee will become famous soon enough

had a lot more fun this year then I did last year..

cant say much from the competitors aspect.....as I was just f'n around on the 50 all weekend.

Hooters was fun...listening to Bullo and teach argue all night... all in good fun...... burnouts in the entrance added a nice touch..

Kane.... be prepaired for the call of the great moose and takeover
Old 01-19-2008, 08:09 PM

illegal_skillz is a decent person

Kane, it was a good time though, you can't deny that, aside from you camera I guess

suicidl, you still stuck on the bag o trix? Okay, it's funny, you got me
Old 01-19-2008, 09:36 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

nice canadian!
Old 01-19-2008, 09:43 PM

Josh Faught is an unknown quantity at this point

Wish i coulda made it out sounds like it was a good time...Maybe next year
Old 01-19-2008, 10:04 PM

Timmy P is a decent person

Originally Posted by Kaneone
Wow.. what a trip. just got home from the 6k mile 2 week trip.
so glad to be back and sleep in my own bed and not tices' couch or a la quinta! (spanish for discomfort!)

I had a great time, got there early got some really good riding in. got to say hi to a lot of friends... across the board i had a blast.

I wish i had done better in the finals than I did, but before I just cry and call sandbag from the judges.. Ill sit back and take my licks.. apparently I have some serious tightening to do to my runs and maybe a few new tricks to learn. I cant deny that sadly the one thing I really slacked on in 2007 was actually getting to set aside a bike, and some time to serious lot practice. and it showed. I placed 12th in the finals a mere 2 points away from qualifying.. DOH! i can honestly say thought, that my weak placing has done a lot to kick some serious motivation in my ***, that i havent felt in a long time. I am soo eager to hit the spot tomorrow and start destroying one of those new 08s i got sitting downstairs.. finally after years of doing this i am gonna have myself a genuine apex-esque beat the snot out of it practice bike... soo many new tricks ive been wanting to learn and just havent been able to doso.. well.. nows the time.. i dont have jack all to do from now until march 22 XDL besides break my bikes and thrash some gear!!! skeeeewooooopp.. Happy is gonna learn to putt!!

to the riders that did qualify and do well.. its obvious why.. it amazes me how far the leaps of ability from the riders continue to be every contest.. the talent pool this year was fierce!!

still took home a nice 1st place team, my only complaint is that team even really should happen early in the day so that more of the crowd actually gets to see it. as not only is it the most fun part of stuntwars, its gotta be the most entertaining to watch!!!

im proud of my boy teach for doing as he said he would and securing his 1st place. he really is the best stunt competition rider in the world! fat props to a lot of riders for really pullin together despite the many technical, and injury problems that were abound this year.

I have 1st, 8th, and 10th place bikes still sitting in the trailer outside. I guess had i not brought their bikes I would have qualified!! hahaha..

Sitdown steve and that sparky cat from europe.. wow.. straight up sitdowns no front wheel, and sparkies drifts.. gotta be the most amazing things i have EVER seen on a sportbike.. WOW!!!

despite the crap weather on sunday, and my sweet spectator position i found myself in... I thought it was prolly the most fun ive had at a stunt comp in ages.

Drama was definatley abound this year... moreso id say than usual.. from the anti-britton charge across the board to finally getting some stuff out in the open that a few of us been needing to talk about for awhile.. teach, colton.. the circle never been so strong!! and im really glad.

Ive seen stunting come a long way in the last 10 years, and I really think the success that a lot of us experienced in 07, is just now starting to reality check us, and makes us all realize that this monster is getting bigger...

the total comedy of the stuntwars staff trying to run the event as if it were an AMA sanctioned one has me still laughing.. yelling at darius for doing doughnuts in his viper, while its totally ok for dual amputees, and naked PCP to do as they please.. WTF? is it just me or are the staff forgetting.. ITS STUNTWARS?!?!?

watching my camera crew and agent getting kicked off of the venue for "lack of proper credentials" totally reminded me that even though the stunt world is at a peak of proffessionalism, it still has its head so far up its *** that we all really need to re-evaluate and change some of the way things are run.

props to colbert for again giving us all the opportunity to partake in what i feel now is a legendary time and experience for the motorcycle world, and i am glad i was there!

i will be there again for sure next year, hopefully i can have a chance to qualify eh!? haha..

all in all.. a great week and a great way to start the year.. 08 is gonna be a big one, for myself, for a lot of my friends, and for the SPORT that is stunting...

c yall at the next one...

sorry no pics on my end this year.. my camera got stolen sometime during weds practice... oh well..

-kane
you guys ever seen NOPI tunervision.. Why cant stunt wars go down like that ****? But for bikes.. You could have stunts Bike shows and comps. Hot big brested booth girls promoting tight parts. burn out comps for the squids to show off. and at night have foam parties..seems like this **** happens some where every weekend. come on people why cant this **** happen for bikes... Get TV all up in there makin it Popular. And like the dudes at NOPI would say its not a trend its a life style.. Well for us its not a trend its blood sweat and tears. Do Work ! Mabe someday It will be that
Old 01-19-2008, 10:45 PM

svt600 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Bent Rim Tim
you guys ever seen NOPI tunervision.. Why cant stunt wars go down like that ****? But for bikes.. You could have stunts Bike shows and comps. Hot big brested booth girls promoting tight parts. burn out comps for the squids to show off. and at night have foam parties..seems like this **** happens some where every weekend. come on people why cant this **** happen for bikes... Get TV all up in there makin it Popular. And like the dudes at NOPI would say its not a trend its a life style.. Well for us its not a trend its blood sweat and tears. Do Work ! Mabe someday It will be that

sunt wars is like nopi!! just not as many times a year! but we could chage that............!
Old 01-19-2008, 10:47 PM
jmo

jmo is an unknown quantity at this point

it was a long *** trip alesstunts bus made it easier fun overall
Old 01-19-2008, 11:28 PM

bkstuntf4i is a decent person

As for the weekend i had fun. Riding the spot in orlando was awsome. But as far as stuntwars itself...

I have more fun riding at the spot with all the homies.

The whole ten minutes i spent on the track felt like i was running the gauntlet.
Old 01-19-2008, 11:52 PM
M.A.S.S. MAYHEM 4 OUT NOW

Kevin ETP is a jewel in the roughKevin ETP is a jewel in the roughKevin ETP is a jewel in the rough

Kane what about the howard johnsons bar with Dr. Osgood haha that was a fun night stuntwars was a blast i know all us massholes had fun.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by svt600
sunt wars is like nopi!! just not as many times a year! but we could chage that............!
So theres stunts, bike shows, bigbreasted vendors, bikini contests, foam parties and lots of drunkeness ? whys it sound like a lot of people didnt think it was run right.. and that the numbers are dropping and riders didnt have a whole lot of fun and the judging was fucked and all that. sounds like they need to bring in the producers of nopi and turn it into somthing worth putting money and hard work into. and make that **** happen more often. the more its out there the more people will get into it. I saw stunting inperson for the first time a year and a half ago. It was Team On One with mitch and Andy Niles and a few others. I knew I had to do this ****.. I rode wheelies on everything I touched. But having it first hand pushed me to get past wheelies and do actual stunts. took me a year to save up for a bike while paying leagal fees that always seem to follow me around. 6 months later im doin it big. So the longer we keep this **** up the more its gonna snowball and one day it will be huge.. so for all the people that have quit because stunting is not going anywhere .you suck. your slowing us down
Old 01-20-2008, 11:04 AM

Nascency Chris is a decent person

Originally Posted by Bent Rim Tim
So theres stunts, bike shows, bigbreasted vendors, bikini contests, foam parties and lots of drunkeness ? whys it sound like a lot of people didnt think it was run right.. and that the numbers are dropping and riders didnt have a whole lot of fun and the judging was fucked and all that. sounds like they need to bring in the producers of nopi and turn it into somthing worth putting money and hard work into. and make that **** happen more often. the more its out there the more people will get into it. I saw stunting inperson for the first time a year and a half ago. It was Team On One with mitch and Andy Niles and a few others. I knew I had to do this ****.. I rode wheelies on everything I touched. But having it first hand pushed me to get past wheelies and do actual stunts. took me a year to save up for a bike while paying leagal fees that always seem to follow me around. 6 months later im doin it big. So the longer we keep this **** up the more its gonna snowball and one day it will be huge.. so for all the people that have quit because stunting is not going anywhere .you suck. your slowing us down
mitch and niles are good people for sure...:YEAH
Old 01-20-2008, 11:12 AM

Ive never rode with mitch. guess he never comes around. but I ride with Niles everytime I get out. I swear he rides by himself everyday. I dont even need to call him. hes there. Such a cool helpful guy. always ready to give you advice. hes never cocky or concieded. He gets excited when I pull of a new trick and that just pumps you up that some one that good thinks your doing great.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:26 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

I had an awesome time.

I'm still in town actually. I don't want to go home.

Old 01-20-2008, 11:31 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

ZANNMANN can only hope to improve

kane u know u missed me this year
-mike
Old 01-20-2008, 03:29 PM
Waiting For Email Confirmation

kipROCKet is a decent person

Yeah Kane I agree with you about the staff there, I thought it was ******* bullshit.

I mean, I am in the pits and trying to watch people qualify and I get told I can't put my ******* leg on the concrete barrier? For ***** sake.

I did enjoy stuntwars but I really think I had more fun at stuntfest, NO COPS, people doing burnouts by vendors, we could sit right down by the action 3 feet away from the riders.

Never been to an XDL event but looking forward to it.

All in all it was a fun time, wake up and think to myself..........wow all I have to do today is ride wheelies and drink tonight...

Last edited by kipROCKet; 01-20-2008 at 03:31 PM.
Old 01-20-2008, 03:32 PM
$$$$$$$

TheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the roughTheRomanSF415x is a jewel in the rough

havent seen a kane thread in a while..
this was a good recap though. sucks that ur camera got stolen. causeyou usually take a bunch of pics
Old 01-20-2008, 03:55 PM
Naarden Bike Super Store

NAARDEN INC is a decent person

My hat made my trip