Better quality/cheaper ez pull?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 01:55 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light
Better quality/cheaper ez pull?

Anyone know of a source for a CHEAPER BETTER ez pull lever?

On dirt bike forums, I always recommend the MSR raptor to people wanting easier clutch pull...

But theres always people posting up from philipeans, and other countrys saying "why not use xxx lever for $15" or "what about the xxx lever for $30 that is way stronger"

Many people overseas always talk about their local dirt bike shops carrying 2-3 different brands of ez-pulls that are WAY beefier then msr's..

So basically, I'm asking ifa nyone knows about any others?

Well all know msrs are ******* trash... They break soo easy.. My last one broke within a week on my first drop..
And my second one, which I JUST installed 10 minus ago, I already broke the adjuster that aims the cable, so now it appears as if my cable is gonna eventually fray since its at some crazy weird angle in the lever now..
Old 01-19-2008, 01:59 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Better quality/cheaper ez pull?

Whatever you do dont buy a magnum ez pull (think thats what it was called). I heard on here how it was better than the MSR or Moose and it sucked.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:08 PM
Race To The Grave

AntwanRTTG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Towlieee
...And my second one, which I JUST installed 10 minus ago, I already broke the adjuster that aims the cable, so now it appears as if my cable is gonna eventually fray since its at some crazy weird angle in the lever now..
If you have a stock F4I lever ... use the adjuster out of that. Solved that problem for me.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:09 PM

JohnnyP is a decent person

Ive said it 1000 times but no one has stepped up to the plate yet, if I had the machinery Id make them myself. I WOULD

Someone *** cough cough HoHey, Full Throttle, ESD cough*** needs to make a billet EZpull perch using the MSR/Moose geometry...Made of billet with a thinner clamp, so its stronger and uses up less space on the handle bar...They dont even have to make the levers, they just need to make a billet perch with a thinner clamp...That we can use our Moose or MSR pro levers on...

Name:  DSC01314.jpg
Views: 2
Size:  36.6 KB

Last edited by JohnnyP; 01-19-2008 at 02:11 PM.
Old 01-19-2008, 02:21 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by AntwanRTTG
If you have a stock F4I lever ... use the adjuster out of that. Solved that problem for me.
I use the steel adjuster nut

but that still doesn't fix the problem with the 'turny thingy' that breaks and cuases the cable to aim to the first slot, when the 3rd slot is the ez pull one..

I broke mine cause I pulled in the clutch cable 'sorta' hard to install the cable.. The same thing I do on ALL my bikes that never break, but this pos msr broke

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Ive said it 1000 times but no one has stepped up to the plate yet, if I had the machinery Id make them myself. I WOULD

Someone *** cough cough HoHey, Full Throttle, ESD cough*** needs to make a billet EZpull perch using the MSR/Moose geometry...Made of billet with a thinner clamp, so its stronger and uses up less space on the handle bar...They dont even have to make the levers, they just need to make a billet perch with a thinner clamp...That we can use our Moose or MSR pro levers on...

+1

I still have 2 good levers, and 2 broke msr's lol

I even run my **** loose as ****, soo loose I gotta reposition it every couple wheelies cuase its slid all over my bar, yet it still snaps the instant it touches pavement

Kinda sad, My 150f was on the stock clutch lever for over a year before I replaced it just cause I was tired of a cut lever lol
Old 01-29-2008, 06:27 AM

J-Boogie is a decent person

subscribing incase one is made
Old 01-29-2008, 12:32 PM

Afflicted is an unknown quantity at this point

i haven used after market clutch levers or perches on my old 06 r6 or my f4i, but for some reason this 636 clutch just seems so much harder to pull in... and i really dont really know any good perches/levers out there cuz iv heard so many people bitcha bout them breaking, and ive seen them in person brake on rev limiter **** and thats fucccckin crazy

edit: and to be honest if they had one that sold for 3x as much as the other ones but it actually didnt **** up like the others, but still worked like the others i would buy it

Last edited by Afflicted; 01-29-2008 at 12:35 PM.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:38 PM
Waiting For Email Confirmation

kipROCKet is a decent person

what does omr use?

I think he had a stock perch on his 636 and it was like butter

I think he had some mod done down by the engine
Old 01-29-2008, 02:02 PM

J-Dawg is an unknown quantity at this point

He just lengthened the lever that the throttle cable attaches to down by the clutch cover. If you lengthen that, it gives you more leverage = easier pull with stock lever. I am getting ready to do this this weekend, my MSR just took a **** as well. I am pretty sure you can do this on F4i's and 636's, but I don't think 600RR's have room.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:04 PM

F4EaSyE is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by J-Dawg
He just lengthened the lever that the throttle cable attaches to down by the clutch cover. If you lengthen that, it gives you more leverage = easier pull with stock lever. I am getting ready to do this this weekend, my MSR just took a **** as well. I am pretty sure you can do this on F4i's and 636's, but I don't think 600RR's have room.
+1 then take your clutch cable off and roll some wd40 or something similar to that down the clutch cable and work the cable a couple times when doing that and it will be butter.. its like pulling a piece of paper.. featherweight.... :YEAH the zackie chan trick..
Old 01-29-2008, 02:04 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

damn what the hell do you guys do to your levers?? i had the same moose lever on 3 different bikes and now i have an msr, use a stock honda adjuster and no problems.....the levers arent long enough to hit in a crash so i dont see how you break em..
Old 01-29-2008, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by kipROCKet
what does omr use?

I think he had a stock perch on his 636 and it was like butter

I think he had some mod done down by the engine
On a 636 you can make the clutch arm long as you want

but on a f4i you can only extend it 1/2", which isn't easy ENOUGH..

Right now I love my setup, MSR on hte easiest setting + 1/2" longer clutch arm = BUTTER pull...

But I know one day I'mma completly break this msr, not to mention the cable holder on it is already broke so my cable is angled weird and eventually gonna fray..

but when it comes down to a bike like a 2001 R6 (my friends bike I was gonna weld his arm longeR) you CANNOt weld the arm longer at ALL because it aims directly at the engine..
Old 01-29-2008, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
damn what the hell do you guys do to your levers?? i had the same moose lever on 3 different bikes and now i have an msr, use a stock honda adjuster and no problems.....the levers arent long enough to hit in a crash so i dont see how you break em..
pancaking bikes can break levers but i still hit my banjo bolt on my hb before i hit my clutch i dont get it either..
Old 01-29-2008, 02:13 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

Still, I just hate relying on such a brittle piece of metal.

I'd be on for a billet one, come on HoHey.
Old 01-29-2008, 02:14 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by F4EaSyE
+1 then take your clutch cable off and roll some wd40 or something similar to that down the clutch cable and work the cable a couple times when doing that and it will be butter.. its like pulling a piece of paper.. featherweight.... :YEAH the zackie chan trick..
Zackie chan trick? Thats just proper maintenence
Old 01-29-2008, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by nags
Zackie chan trick? Thats just proper maintenence
proper maintenence that not a lot of people do.. he tought me that so i called it that.. sorry nags
Old 01-29-2008, 02:26 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

i have a cable oiler from when i raced motorx , it forces the oil all they way down the cable ..

i usually spray wd 40 in there to clean out all the crud then i use chain wax , my cable has 22000 miles on it .........
Old 01-29-2008, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by old man roger
i have a cable oiler from when i raced motorx , it forces the oil all they way down the cable ..

i usually spray wd 40 in there to clean out all the crud then i use chain wax , my cable has 22000 miles on it .........
damn OMR thats some good maintenence... mines about to be done for.. fraying like crazy.. got like 11k or 12 k on it.. not sure gauges are gone..
Old 01-29-2008, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by old man roger

+1

I still got stock cable in my 26k mile f4i

even has a kink in it

I hung my cable up, and sprayed wd40 through it tell it leaked out the bottom, then I sprayed chain lube through it tell it leaked out the bottom.. Then let it sit for a day and threw it back on :YEAH

These are pics of the 2 bikes I ride, both with 1 finger msr setups, both prone to breaking with me riding
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/6515/dsc04159wa6.jpg
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/4827/dsc01656av9.jpg

THIS is how I break a MSR raptor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvCO7TCIqsY
Old 01-29-2008, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Towlieee
+1

I still got stock cable in my 26k mile f4i

even has a kink in it

I hung my cable up, and sprayed wd40 through it tell it leaked out the bottom, then I sprayed chain lube through it tell it leaked out the bottom.. Then let it sit for a day and threw it back on :YEAH

These are pics of the 2 bikes I ride, both with 1 finger msr setups, both prone to breaking with me riding
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/6515/dsc04159wa6.jpg
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/4827/dsc01656av9.jpg

THIS is how I break a MSR raptor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvCO7TCIqsY
damnit cant go to youtube at work..

Quick Reply: Better quality/cheaper ez pull?