Sponsor Issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 05:21 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold
Sponsor Issues

Has any one ever had one of your sponsors offer up a product to a unsponsored person for cheaper than they want from you? I think that if you are sponsored you should get first dibbs on getting that product for your bike so you can push there product. I have some sponsors that are great and as soon as you call it is no problem at all then there are other ones that just blow you off. Plus if it was not for you there product would not be offered at bike shops that you got to pick that product up and sell. Plus i think if you are one of the original sponsored riders you should not be paying anyway. Let me hear some thoughts on this from others. I call Ian from Sickinnovations and it is always no problem and it just gets delivered to my door. I am not talking about getting extras of everything just 1 would be nice. I wish other companies would just get on the same boat or just not sponsor people at all

Sorry but i had to Rant
Old 01-19-2008, 08:13 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of
Re: Sponsor Issues

What item do you speak of...how much $...I will beat it :YEAH
Old 01-19-2008, 09:53 AM

bkstuntf4i is a decent person

thats pretty fucked. whats the point in sponsorship if they go and do that? go with the competition.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:26 AM

MannyFresh954 can only hope to improve

if we knew more of what youre talking about it may help it...but just going off what was said it seems like youre so called sponsor is not a sponsor at all...it seems like they want you to do all the work and they'll reap the benefits and continue to charge you for the products their sponsoring you with....ive watched you reply to ever post that ask "what to buy" with putting your sponsors out there and doing your job/holding up your end of the deal....if i were you id just drop them....i had a something like this happen before, i was sponsored for BMX racing and then went to parks and jumps stuff and i had great sponsors that gave me shoes and clothes, bikes, you name it but then there were the ones who would give me 5% off and then when people came in and said my name the got 10% off everything they bought....didnt make sense to me so i dropped them....
Old 01-19-2008, 10:30 AM
Embrace the Hate

EZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to behold

Yea I think most people think getting deals is being sponsored....if your paying for it your still buying it just like everyone one else.

I know its a little different but when I use to snow board I'd have decks just show up at my house...

Giving deep discounts is cool for up and coming riders/teams but for your original riders esp on new products it should be free.
Old 01-19-2008, 11:53 AM
540 BOYZ SUMO STUNTER

E-Loc540 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well you read your contract agreement before you sign and become a sponsor.....everything is spelled out, what you must do for them and what they will do for you. I really dont get anything for free but my sponsors range from 40-50 % off retail which is clearly seen in the contract agreement.......but sometimes you pick up a word of mouth sponsor and yes these guys can jump around....I dont mess with anyone unless its at least 40% off retail.....cost plus 20% at the bike shop I go to is roughly 30-35% off retail so its not worth saving 5-10%.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:02 PM
I Love To Post!

Schwartz will become famous soon enough

I tried to see what I could do for my sponsors not what they could do for me. Then most the time they were generous.

Maybe your sponsor is telling you something???
Old 01-19-2008, 12:56 PM
WWW.IDOLRIDERS.COM

MikeOnTheBike is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EZEC
Yea I think most people think getting deals is being sponsored....if your paying for it your still buying it just like everyone one else.

I know its a little different but when I use to snow board I'd have decks just show up at my house...

Giving deep discounts is cool for up and coming riders/teams but for your original riders esp on new products it should be free.

very true, a sponser is not a sponser untill it's actually free. a discount is allways nice on something you need but if you are doing stuff for said company promoting their products and you only get a discount that means they are still making money off of you while they are also using you to promote. DON'T SELL YOURSELVES FOR A CANDY BAR PEOPLE!!!!
Old 01-19-2008, 03:15 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MannyFresh954
if we knew more of what youre talking about it may help it...but just going off what was said it seems like youre so called sponsor is not a sponsor at all...it seems like they want you to do all the work and they'll reap the benefits and continue to charge you for the products their sponsoring you with....ive watched you reply to ever post that ask "what to buy" with putting your sponsors out there and doing your job/holding up your end of the deal....if i were you id just drop them....i had a something like this happen before, i was sponsored for BMX racing and then went to parks and jumps stuff and i had great sponsors that gave me shoes and clothes, bikes, you name it but then there were the ones who would give me 5% off and then when people came in and said my name the got 10% off everything they bought....didnt make sense to me so i dropped them....
Atleast you see it. i have always pushed the product that i run or is sponsoring me
Originally Posted by Schwartz
I tried to see what I could do for my sponsors not what they could do for me. Then most the time they were generous.

Maybe your sponsor is telling you something???
Maybe i will tell them something back and have a few shops pull the said product. i have held up my end
Old 01-19-2008, 03:16 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

172 views and only 7 post
Old 01-19-2008, 03:43 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

when i was skating sponsorship meant free **** and payed travel and so on and so on, if u were on "flow" from a sponsor u were still getting free product as like a gift cuz u were talented and the company wanted you rocking their **** but u werent really on the "team". stunting seems to be alot diff, im not sure why with this discount bullshit, thats not sponsored to me. if youre a talented rider then companies should be begging to have you rocking their product, its advertisement that they should be writing off on their taxes so it shouldnt be a big deal to them anyway. **** my friends give me discounts and i dont gotta do anything for them, just cuz were good to each other.
Old 01-19-2008, 03:48 PM

on_thegas is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EZEC

plus 1 here....if they sponsor you then it should be free
Old 01-19-2008, 03:49 PM
WWW.IDOLRIDERS.COM

MikeOnTheBike is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
when i was skating sponsorship meant free **** and payed travel and so on and so on, if u were on "flow" from a sponsor u were still getting free product as like a gift cuz u were talented and the company wanted you rocking their **** but u werent really on the "team". stunting seems to be alot diff, im not sure why with this discount bullshit, thats not sponsored to me. if youre a talented rider then companies should be begging to have you rocking their product, its advertisement that they should be writing off on their taxes so it shouldnt be a big deal to them anyway. **** my friends give me discounts and i dont gotta do anything for them, just cuz were good to each other.

+1million
Old 01-19-2008, 03:50 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

This message is hidden because on_thegas is on your ignore list.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:24 PM

bigkapp is a decent person

same here... bwahahahhhahaha

i feel the same way... if they sponsor you its cause they want you to rock their ****.. they want you, not you want them... therefore it should be free>....but its buissness, and people reap benefits, meaning sponsors use their riders sometime... im sure Warped Toys will give ya a good deal.. lol

Last edited by bigkapp; 01-19-2008 at 04:27 PM.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:26 PM

STICKYstunts is a decent person

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
+1
Old 01-19-2008, 04:55 PM

Tony L can only hope to improve

I figure if it isn't free or they dont pay you its not much of a sponsorship. just my 2c but i would expect if your repping a company the cost of one of 2 products occasionally are worth the slite cost incurred to them. as long as your representing them in a good light and making them money there should be no reason why you shouldn't be receiving it for free.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:15 PM
squid hunter

Trick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to beholdTrick is a splendid one to behold

sponsors = free ****
we r not nascar there is not anything that you could want for your stunt bike that is more then a grand there cost if they dont flip the bill..... drop'em

if they wont suport there sponsored rider what makes you think they will suport there customer?

think of it is if your face is on there product...... do be played the fool
Old 01-19-2008, 06:18 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Originally Posted by Trick
sponsors = free ****
we r not nascar there is not anything that you could want for your stunt bike that is more then a grand there cost if they dont flip the bill..... drop'em

if they wont suport there sponsored rider what makes you think they will suport there customer?
1000 haha it is not even close to that much

this is what i am try to get at. we do not need companies that are not willing to give a little bit
Old 01-19-2008, 06:22 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

like thomas said get off the fence people

Quick Reply: Sponsor Issues