Sponsor Issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 04:15 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of
Re: Sponsor Issues

Originally Posted by Crash Nash
I'd love to know what ******* fantacy world whichever squid lives in where sponsors pay for everything......get real people. I don't know why the hell people think that bitching and whining is gonna promote the sport and help it grow.
Originally Posted by Beto
Your power wheelies arent helping the sport either
Old 01-20-2008, 04:20 PM
Naarden Bike Super Store

NAARDEN INC is a decent person

All sponserships in my opinion are a relationship that needs to grow, After past experiances of being FUCKED OVER HARD by a certain person. Im very cautious in any attempt to form this relationship. From a sponsered rider these are things I expect to see, dedication, feedback in products, product research, help with sales, help around the shop, NOT A SCUM BAG, etc

Ive been at the shop at 2am after getting a phone call from rookie telling me is subframe is busted and needs to leave the next day at 7am for a Video taping, Ive been with Tony at 1am with his bike new bike just back from paint stripped down needing, reassmbly, a custom round bar, upper stay, etc for Boggy Creek Show 7am. Hell I have taken apart my own bike for tony so he can ride in stuntwars. So if I am going to make someone elses life easy they sure as **** better make me some money or make my life easy.

I would have to say if you feel you are getting screwed present them with a list of things that you have done and how you have taken it to the next level and tell them what you feel you are worth, it takes a lot to run a buisness and a lot of things just get pushed to the side then take it from there.

unfortunatly the size of the stuntworld is so small that there are only so many $$$ to go around.
Old 01-20-2008, 04:37 PM

Crash Nash is an unknown quantity at this point

I did see you ride

HI POT

Just hearing you talk whenever you came down to B-ham I could tell whats up Mr. "IlearnedBPsoNowIcanTeachYou", you know how else I know, when you took your gixxer up and down the lot flying by, and then you stopped and asked us how high your tire was ...but anyways, this isnt about you or me, I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents and have some fun while I did it

Like I said you have never seen me stunt...that was on a bone stock gixxer that i was not gonna be dumb enough to stunt on...unlike those who shall remain un named....but like i said bashing others skills is low. I'm doing eveything I can to expose the sport and get better at it, which is why I made a point to be at stuntwars the day the gates open so I could ride with and learn from the best. I learned as much as I could from Teach, Kane, Aaron, and Jason and listen to what they had to say. But the **** do they know..they are only some of the biggest names in the sport.
Old 01-20-2008, 05:27 PM

1SMF is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by suicidl
And chris do you feel you get your money back then some from doing this by means of exposure or people basicly selling your product for you
Yes and no. It depends on the Rider. Borne and I were kind of talking about this the other day. From what I've seen Good Work Ethic and Stunters don't seem to match up well. A lot but not all!!!

We want the rider to compete and be seen. Kane and Teach both do a great job of this there are others as well, always getting the product out in front of the Fans. We could not Afford to pay the riders like this as we are small. Hence the Contincency Checks for riders that compete. Do well & we pay you. It is working I will bet that more riders competing at Stuntwars wore Craft helmets then any other.
Old 01-20-2008, 05:45 PM

Dstunter is a decent person

no name yet
Old 01-20-2008, 07:48 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Crash Nash
This message is hidden because Crash Nash is on your ignore list.

Thats Owned
Old 01-20-2008, 07:52 PM

BVRider1 is an unknown quantity at this point

you gotta be kidding, I'm guessing O-town throwdown, stuntshine state, or intersection doesnt ring a bell for you? ***** does get "exposure". I dont know if he competes, but you usually always see him at any big ride/comp/get-together on the east coast.
so since you watched all those DVD's why don't you list off his sponsors that he's trying to promote products for?

Then we'll know which sponsor he is talking about.

I'll start

1. HAI
Old 01-20-2008, 07:55 PM

when the list grows, don't you think the sponsors on the list will raise a brow and see that a "sponsored" rider isn't happy, but never raised their concerns but bashed them on a public forum??? Like I said, good luck with trying to grab more sponsors.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:58 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BVRider1
so since you watched all those DVD's why don't you list off his sponsors that he's trying to promote products for?

Then we'll know which sponsor he is talking about.

I'll start

1. HAI
you are missing the big picture. i did not compete at stuntwars but i could have been another one of the 100 + riders that did not qualify but i chose to lend my bike to a rider from japan and yes there will be a whole article wrote up about that with sponsors listed. so next time look outside the box you live in sometimes you have to look at the bigger picture
Old 01-20-2008, 08:00 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Originally Posted by BVRider1
when the list grows, don't you think the sponsors on the list will raise a brow and see that a "sponsored" rider isn't happy, but never raised their concerns but bashed them on a public forum??? Like I said, good luck with trying to grab more sponsors.
i dont seem to have a problem getting them but thanks for worring about it
Old 01-20-2008, 08:00 PM

Crash Nash is an unknown quantity at this point

Crash Nash

Thats Owned

i don't get it
Old 01-20-2008, 08:02 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

nice try but

Old 01-20-2008, 08:05 PM

presby.edu is a decent person

just because Crash Nash is on your ignore list doesn't mean the rest of us can't see his posts
Old 01-20-2008, 08:06 PM

you are missing the big picture. i did not compete at stuntwars but i could have been another one of the 100 + riders that did not qualify but i chose to lend my bike to a rider from japan and yes there will be a whole article wrote up about that with sponsors listed. so next time look outside the box you live in sometimes you have to look at the bigger picture

that's a great deed you did for that rider. Good advice, maybe looking at the "BIG Picture" can be applied to everyone, sponsor and rider.

So you gonna finish that list???
Old 01-20-2008, 08:10 PM

nice try but

wow thats mature
Old 01-20-2008, 08:17 PM

1. Hai
2. Si
3.??
4.??
5.??
Old 01-20-2008, 08:17 PM

DerekMey is a decent person

dude i say either speak up to em and let that sponsor know you don't think the deal is going "as said" or drop em all together. Don't let them walk on you, or they will use your name, and not hand out.
Old 01-20-2008, 08:22 PM

doesn't seem like the sponsor is walking on him at all...but If I were a sponsor and one of my riders pulled this **** without just confronting me I would not be "using" their name..infact I would drop that rider's *** and tell them to go **** themselves
Old 01-20-2008, 08:23 PM

I should have read the rest of this post first.
Old 01-20-2008, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by presby.edu
doesn't seem like the sponsor is walking on him at all...but If I were a sponsor and one of my riders pulled this **** without just confronting me I would not be "using" their name..infact I would drop that rider's *** and tell them to go **** themselves
Easy there sport....as far as i read he didn't throw their name......and like i just said i didn't read the entire thing, but what i do know is he didn't throw names, and he came here for help from a community of guys who should help him, not just take a shot at a guy....

Quick Reply: Sponsor Issues